FA cup 3rd round draw

202 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: FA cup 3rd round draw

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 20:35

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome Lol... what? Are we turning our noses up at an away draw against one of the biggest clubs on the planet?

Jesus christ lads

Wow.........

One of the worst takes in board history I'd imagine.

You are aware we have played them in the FA Cup 3 times in the last 10 years? You are aware we will lose heavily and crash out the cup?

Not at all.

Saying Man Utd away is the worst possible draw is a far worse take. Would you rather have Rotherham away over Man Utd away!?

The FA Cup is about playing the big sides, it doesn't matter if you get stuffed. It's all about that small chance of glory.

Yes I'd rather have Rotherham away because I want my club to win games of football. The daytrippers excited about going for a big day out in Manchester can go f*ck themselves. This is serious business, it's not a sightseeing tour of Old Trafford followed by being happy with a 4-0 defeat.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2018 20:36

Gunny Fishcake Only Reading , I think it's funny, everything crossed it's on the Saturday , booked rooms in Manchester city centre Premier Inn at bargain prices in case which can be cancelled , of course it's bound not to be on a Saturday but we can hope

Well city can`t play on Saturday so there must be a more than even chance it will be.

ROWY

by ROWY » 03 Dec 2018 20:40

I bet the media are already lining up the stories around Blackett,s return to old Trafford

Delboy

by Delboy » 03 Dec 2018 20:41

Be great if club did free coaches like city away a few years ago

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2018 20:41

ROWY I bet the media are already lining up the stories around Blackett,s return to old Trafford

And O.Shea

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 20:42

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews
Wow.........

One of the worst takes in board history I'd imagine.

You are aware we have played them in the FA Cup 3 times in the last 10 years? You are aware we will lose heavily and crash out the cup?

Not at all.

Saying Man Utd away is the worst possible draw is a far worse take. Would you rather have Rotherham away over Man Utd away!?

The FA Cup is about playing the big sides, it doesn't matter if you get stuffed. It's all about that small chance of glory.

Yes I'd rather have Rotherham away because I want my club to win games of football. The daytrippers excited about going for a big day out in Manchester can go f*ck themselves. This is serious business, it's not a sightseeing tour of Old Trafford followed by being happy with a 4-0 defeat.

No-one would be happy with a 4-0 defeat, but it wouldn't matter. We aren't going to win the FA Cup.
The players get to test themselves against the top players, club gets a nice big payout of the gate receipts in the FA Cup, and despite your attitude towards them, some fans will enjoy a new ground and day out. And there's that tiny chance we might end up with glory.

But you'd prefer Rotherham away. Lighten up you big jessie

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Dec 2018 20:46

tmesis
URZZZZ very likely to be on TV as well considering there were no other real noticeable ties

Even the Stam link stretched credibility for the tie two years ago being picked for TV. What would the angle be this time round?
Fourth time we've played Man United in the FA cup in the last 11 years (all at Old Trafford).

It shows just how things are stacked in favour of the bigger clubs that after drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford in 2007, the replay was at Old Trafford too.

Don't know what your point is. We were away at Man Utd in 2007, we drew 1-1, and lost 3-2 at home in the replay. I was talking about the original tie being away all four times, but if you're going to be picky about it, we've now played them five times in the FA Cup in the last 11 years. As to your first point, United are on TV all fa cup games regardless of opposition.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Dec 2018 20:46

Gents this won’t be live on tv. At least two years ago we were promotion contenders and had Stam in charge so there was justification in it being live. We made more noise than the home fans that day. It wasn’t a great away day.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Dec 2018 20:48

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Not at all.

Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 20:49

Gunny Fishcake
genome
Old Man Andrews

Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 20:51

Gunny Fishcake
genome
Old Man Andrews

Are you saying there will not be daytrippers going to Old Trafford on January the 5th? Considering I know a shitload of non-Reading fans who went up to Old Trafford a couple of years ago.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 03 Dec 2018 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2018 20:51

URZZZZ
tmesis
URZZZZ very likely to be on TV as well considering there were no other real noticeable ties

Even the Stam link stretched credibility for the tie two years ago being picked for TV. What would the angle be this time round?
Fourth time we've played Man United in the FA cup in the last 11 years (all at Old Trafford).

It shows just how things are stacked in favour of the bigger clubs that after drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford in 2007, the replay was at Old Trafford too.

Don't know what your point is. We were away at Man Utd in 2007, we drew 1-1, and lost 3-2 at home in the replay. I was talking about the original tie being away all four times, but if you're going to be picky about it, we've now played them five times in the FA Cup in the last 11 years. As to your first point, United are on TV all fa cup games regardless of opposition.

We lost an evening game in the cup there 2-1. Dolan was caretaker manager. wasn`t that the caraboa cup?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 20:52

genome
Gunny Fishcake
genome

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

Why is it nonsense to want the club I support to win football matches?
Can I remind you we got to the FA Cup semi a few years ago thanks to a favourable draw, anything can happen.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Dec 2018 20:54

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ
tmesis Even the Stam link stretched credibility for the tie two years ago being picked for TV. What would the angle be this time round?

We lost an evening game in the cup there 2-1. Dolan was caretaker manager. wasn`t that the caraboa cup?

No, we lost in the FA Cup 5th round 2-1 at Old Trafford with Brian in charge. About a month later, we played them again in the league with Dolan in charge and lost 1-0. That was the infamous season we lost 7-5 to Arsenal in the Carabao cup

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Dec 2018 20:55

I suspect the club's accountants will have a happier view about the "serious business" benefits of going to Old Trafford over going to Rotherham than OMA.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 20:56

Old Man Andrews
genome
Gunny Fishcake

Can I remind you we got to the FA Cup semi a few years ago thanks to a favourable draw, anything can happen.

You know I can want my club to win football matches and enjoy a draw against a big side at the same time?

Presumably you hated being drawn against Arsenal because you thought we'd be stuffed? Well, we weren't.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Dec 2018 20:57

Old Man Andrews
genome
Gunny Fishcake

It's not nonsense of course wanting us to support our team winning, I took offence (not in a big way) at tarring all season ticket holders who will travel to the game a day tripper and being told to go and f*ck myself !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 21:01

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

You know I can want my club to win football matches and enjoy a draw against a big side at the same time?

Presumably you hated being drawn against Arsenal because you thought we'd be stuffed? Well, we weren't.

Arsenal in the semi? No I was just happy to be there to be honest. Was obviously a tough game but you expect that in a semi. When you draw a huge side away in the 3rd round and when you love the cup as much as I do it is a real let down. Let's face it, we are going to do oxf*rd all in the league so the FA Cup was the only hope of a bit of an adventure we had left.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 21:03

Gunny Fishcake
Old Man Andrews
genome

It's not nonsense of course wanting us to support our team winning, I took offence (not in a big way) at tarring all season ticket holders who will travel to the game a day tripper and being told to go and f*ck myself !

Where did I mention season ticket holders?? Of course we aren't daytrippers. I'm referring to the plus 1's or 2's of season ticket holders who turn up because it is Old Trafford or people who haven't attended a home game since 2005 jumping on the bandwagon.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 21:04

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

Arsenal in the semi? No I was just happy to be there to be honest. Was obviously a tough game but you expect that in a semi. When you draw a huge side away in the 3rd round and when you love the cup as much as I do it is a real let down. Let's face it, we are going to do oxf*rd all in the league so the FA Cup was the only hope of a bit of an adventure we had left.

And a lot of fans will also be happy to be at Man United.

I think you're just being miserable. If we had been drawn against Rotherham, I reckon you would've been on here straight away saying it was a shit draw.

202 posts