Old Man Andrews

Re: FA cup 3rd round draw

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 22:46

muirinho
genome
Old Man Andrews
Maybe you are a said daytripper?

Season ticket holder so no

Just don’t see my enjoyment being spoiled by the presence of a granny quietly sat down munching sandwiches.

And the granny sat down munching sandwiches may also be a STH.

Bored of the constant "right kind of fan" policing.

She isn't a season ticket holder, we asked her.

JamesJackson

by JamesJackson » 03 Dec 2018 22:56

Well, that will be interesting!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Dec 2018 23:41

This thread became pathetic fairly quickly. OMA really is an absolute moron.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Dec 2018 23:44

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews
Wow.........

One of the worst takes in board history I'd imagine.

You are aware we have played them in the FA Cup 3 times in the last 10 years? You are aware we will lose heavily and crash out the cup?

Not at all.

Saying Man Utd away is the worst possible draw is a far worse take. Would you rather have Rotherham away over Man Utd away!?

The FA Cup is about playing the big sides, it doesn't matter if you get stuffed. It's all about that small chance of glory.

Yes I'd rather have Rotherham away because I want my club to win games of football. The daytrippers excited about going for a big day out in Manchester can go f*ck themselves. This is serious business, it's not a sightseeing tour of Old Trafford followed by being happy with a 4-0 defeat.

Nothing worse then happy clappy bovril drinking daytrippers thats shush you when you sing

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Dec 2018 01:00

Next season we may have to play two games to reach this stage. If that was the case we would be doing headstands at getting Man Utd away. Make the most of it this may be the last time we are in the third round for a few years.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 05:31

genome
Gunny Fishcake
genome

Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

"OMA is a good poster"

:lol:

You must be on the Coors Lights tonight.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 05:40

Working away,>>>>>>>>>>man united away

Heck I would even take someboy we haven't played in years. Fleetwood or Accrington

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 05:48

Jagermesiter1871 This thread became pathetic fairly quickly. OMA really is an absolute moron.

+1. Ever since his club1871 debacle I have really lost respect for him/her.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2018 08:03

Jagermesiter1871 This thread became pathetic fairly quickly. OMA really is an absolute moron.

No that would be you. Enjoy your day trip to Old Trafford. Probably will be your first game in a few years, make sure you pick up your half and half scarf.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2018 08:04

Kulshaw72RFC
genome
Gunny Fishcake
Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

"OMA is a good poster"

At least I post as myself though Orion.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Dec 2018 08:26

oldebiscuit
genome
Gunny Fishcake

I think old man andrews is spot on. You only have to look at our away tie against Arsenal in the League Cup back in 2005 era when we took 200,000 away fans 99% of them being daytrippers.

That Arsenal game had some mitigating circumstances though. It was the last season at Highbury, we were obviously playing very well so the chances of winning were high and it was before Loyalty Points so any Tom, Dick or Harry could ring up and get their tickets (IIRC) and that final one is what put my nose out joint when I couldn’t get a ticket. Now the club has implanted a system where I will be guaranteed a ticket, I’m fine with whoever else wants to go. If they are a one time only fan, that’s fine. If we were to win that one timer might make them become a regular fan due to an I was there moment.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2018 08:42

OMA should be happy at this tbh. Helps the club recover quite a bit of money he and DD/Orion insist we're losing thanks to C1871 being in the south stand.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 08:43

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
genome

"OMA is a good poster"

You know I am not Orion, Jay/Kes.

Your I.P address prooves you are J Gorman.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2018 08:46

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
"OMA is a good poster"

You know I am not Orion, Jay/Kes.

Your I.P address prooves you are J Gorman.

hahahahaha this is brilliant. Enjoy your time here, banhammer is coming for you.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2018 09:03

Zip
windermereROYAL

@FACupFactfile

Top line thoughts from the #FACup 3rd Rd draw

TV matches predictions
BBC will choose Wolves v Liverpool
and Tranmere/Southport vs Spurs

BT will choose Woking v Watford, Man Utd v Reading & Chelsea v Nottingham Forest

Man Utd and Reading have been drawn together for the 10th time ... Man Utd have won eight of the previous nine (one of the most one-sided match ups in #FACup history)

I reckon Wrexham/Newport V Leicester will be shown along with Solihull/Blackpool v Arsenal. I cannot see why our game would be shown this time around.

Agree there are more interesting ties for the neutral out there. Utd's 3rd round home tie against Derby last season was not selected for TV coverage, so strong chance this won't be either.

Still have a sneaky feeling BT Sports will show it. If not expect it to be the Saturday 3pm International broadcast game, so will be plenty of streams around.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Dec 2018 09:12

It is a bit underwhelming on a number of levels but

a) my united mates are all saying "could be embarassing for us". Guess they're just getting their excuses in early.

b)

c) Friday, I'll have a decent work meeting and a curry in West Didsbury.

Anyway, in for the day trip.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Dec 2018 09:18

Stat corner...

Astonishingly, MUFC's FA Cup 3rd round game v Reading will be the 15th time the clubs have met in the cup, dating back to 1912. Indeed, United have only played two clubs more often in the cup - Liverpool (17) & Spurs (16), yet they`ve only ever played Reading 6 times in the league

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 04 Dec 2018 09:24

Typical pathetic reaction on this thread.

If we take 1,000....muppets will say "we've got crap away support". If we take 3,000+....muppets will say "day out for the daytrippers".

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 09:32

Barney Typical pathetic reaction on this thread.

If we take 1,000....muppets will say "we've got crap away support". If we take 3,000+....muppets will say "day out for the daytrippers".

I don't think it is pathetic.

What is pathetic is that if daytrippers tag along for this, the same that do not and will not go to games now or when we go down, but will in the Prem.

As far as I care, they should not be allowed to game unless they have a season ticket for at least a few years. They are the type who tell you to sit down when we are attacking and we stand, or tell you to shush when you sing or analyse. They are the worst type of fans.

Why are we not getting 15k+ anymore? Becuase of oxf*rd daytrippers. They can go support oxford or swindon for all I care.

THEY ARE NOT WELCOME TO OUR CLUB AND NOT ALLOWED TO MAN UNITED AWAY!!!!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2018 09:37

Kulshaw72RFC
Barney Typical pathetic reaction on this thread.

I don't think it is pathetic.

What is pathetic is that if daytrippers tag along for this, the same that do not and will not go to games now or when we go down, but will in the Prem.

As far as I care, they should not be allowed to game unless they have a season ticket for at least a few years. They are the type who tell you to sit down when we are attacking and we stand, or tell you to shush when you sing or analyse. They are the worst type of fans.

Why are we not getting 15k+ anymore? Becuase of oxf*rd daytrippers. They can go support oxford or swindon for all I care.

THEY ARE NOT WELCOME TO OUR CLUB AND NOT ALLOWED TO MAN UNITED AWAY!!!!

What a ridiculous response, childish.

If someone wants to come along and support the club then thats great. They obviously care about the club if they are willing to travel for 3 hours to Manchester and pay £45 to watch the game. Grow up.

202 posts