1436 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New Manager

by genome » 13 Dec 2018 10:44

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews
Stump up in what sense though? I think we could pay him what he wants but the stumbling block surely comes when Jokanovic finds out how much money he'd have to spend imporving the squad. All he needs to do is take one look at us and see that he'd need at least £50m to turn it into a top 6 side. The squad we have and the squad Fulham had and finances when he took over there way exceed ours.

Stump up in every side - wage, transfer budgets, etc.

The Chinese have got the money so as long as it doesn't affect FFP, we should go for it. If he still rejects us then we move on, but we should try.

I don't disagree with you. How much money do the Chinese really have/how much are they willing to invest? Clement had very little to work with in the Summer and Stam had virtually zero in January. I am hoping it is just because they don't trust the person spending the cash but I am a little concerned they won't give the funds needed to make our team a top 6 Championship side again.

They're billionaires, so they've got the money, there are just rules against spaffing it all.

We spent the most we ever have in 2017, so I'm assuming that 2018 was an attempt to even the books up a bit. I'm sure in 2019 we'll have a bit more to spend, especially if we get rid of the deadwood.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 13 Dec 2018 10:47

leon
paultheroyal
genome Honestly think the club just need to stump up for Jokanovic. Fulham were in a similar position to us when he took over and he got them promoted. I think it would raise attendances from the off, the football would be better, the atmosphere around the club would improve. It's a no brainer for me.

All day long - its a no brainer as you say. We need to make it attractive for him.

And he can get the best out of Aluko!!!

:| :|

I think Jesus would struggle. It’s just a miracle to far

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Dec 2018 10:47

Tbf it would be silly to spend more money without shifting out the deadwood first. For many reasons inc FFP

January should be a very busy month in terms of offloading the likes of McShane etc

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 13 Dec 2018 10:50

Lenny Godber is in with a shout then?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Dec 2018 11:01

Tilehurstsouthbank
Norfolk Royal
Pepe the Horseman Jose Manuel Gomes now odds on with PP and Betfair. Wtf is going on?! :lol:

Wasn't he the bloke who got an O level in Spanish at Slade Prison?

No that was Lenny Godber

No, Godber had previously got an O level in Geography before being sent to Slade Prison. You'll thank me for that if it ever comes up in a pub quiz.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Dec 2018 11:07

Norfolk Royal
Tilehurstsouthbank
Norfolk Royal
Wasn't he the bloke who got an O level in Spanish at Slade Prison?

No that was Lenny Godber

No, Godber had previously got an O level in Geography before being sent to Slade Prison. You'll thank me for that if it ever comes up in a pub quiz.

Noted. :lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Dec 2018 11:15

I think rushing the appointment will do us no good in the long run, perhaps give Marshall until end of this month and see how he get's on.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Dec 2018 11:35

J Low just killed the Jocanovic rumour on twitter.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2018 11:37

Tim Sherwood would be just fine with me.

Apart from pure ignorance I cannot see any reason why Reading fans could possibly dismiss him as a candidate.

Glen Little's Chin

by Glen Little's Chin » 13 Dec 2018 11:57

Royal Rother Tim Sherwood would be just fine with me.

Apart from pure ignorance I cannot see any reason why Reading fans could possibly dismiss him as a candidate.

Or maybe it could be his lack of managerial skills, and the fact he is another example of the same old (often white) managers being offered jobs for absolutely no reason other than the fact they had other high profile jobs in the past.

I'd say not being able to see any reason why he wouldn't be right is pretty ignorant tbf.

Glen Little's Chin

by Glen Little's Chin » 13 Dec 2018 12:02

Maybe it's the fact he is a classic example of the same old (often white) managers being offered the same positions seemingly only because they've had high profile jobs in the past.

I'd say assuming there are no better alternative's is pretty ignorant tbf.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Dec 2018 12:02

windermereROYAL J Low just killed the Jocanovic rumour on twitter.

Must be true if Jonathan Low said it. He's had his finger well and truly on the pulse recently.........

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Dec 2018 12:04

Yeah must be ignorant to not want someone here who has failed as both a manager and DOF and that hasn't coached a team since 2015. Must be ignorance, of course it is.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2018 12:31

Old Man Andrews

Yeah must be ignorant to not want someone here who has failed as both a manager and DOF and that hasn't coached a team since 2015. Must be ignorance, of course it is.

Again, failure is all relative.

Jokanavic has just been sacked for not being able to get a good squad at Fulham to look anywhere near capable of keeping a clean sheet.

Sherwood got Villa to the cup final and kept them up when it looked like they'd probably go down under Paul Lambert. They were poor the next season but that was Villa all over at that time with lots going on behind the scenes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Dec 2018 12:34

Old Man Andrews

Never quite worked out why Tim Sherwood has never got the Forest job.

KDRF

by KDRF » 13 Dec 2018 12:59

Sherwood :lol: :lol: :lol: You must be kidding me. An absolutely terrible manager, worst of all the candidates mentioned by far.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2018 13:19

KDRF Sherwood :lol: :lol: :lol: You must be kidding me. An absolutely terrible manager, worst of all the candidates mentioned by far.

Come on, that’s harsh on sherwood putting him below Graham oxf*rd Westley

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Dec 2018 13:20

An opinion almost as out of touch as the man being mentioned.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2018 13:54

Oh look, speaking of ignorance, OMA and JS coming out against Sherwood, there’s a whacking great surprise.

We don’t have to like him (after all, he did wear a fcuking gilet once - I mean... really!) but he is a manager with a 43% win record in the Premier League. The suggestion that he might not be good enough for Reading FC is, as I said, pure ignorance.

I am really rather hoping he gets the job now just to witness the reactions.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Dec 2018 13:56

Royal Rother Oh look, speaking of ignorance, OMA and JS coming out against Sherwood, there’s a whacking great surprise.

We don’t have to like him (after all, he did wear a fcuking gilet once - I mean... really!) but he is a manager with a 43% win record in the Premier League. The suggestion that he might not be good enough for Reading FC is, as I said, pure ignorance.

I am really rather hoping he gets the job now just to witness the reactions.

You're not very bright when it comes to football are you? Terrible opinions. He managed Spurs in the Premier League, pretty sure you or I would do ok with the team they had.

How did he do at Aston Villa?

1436 posts