New Manager

1436 posts
Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Manager

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Dec 2018 11:40

Hendo
Gunny Fishcake
Always amazes me that these bizarre appointments are done without any consultation or thoughts of the lifeblood and existence of the club, ie us the fans.

Why would a professional organisation consult a group of people who have no idea how the inner workings of said organisation work?

I find it bizarre that football fans feel such a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to big decisions relating to the club.

Of course they never would, but these so called "professionals" couldn't run a proper business if their life depended on it . They work in a business that is a cess pit of corruption and greed without any reality of the real world, where failure is rewarded with multi million pay offs and players are paid obscene wages to perform woefully if at all. So I think consulting the fans who will still be here in many years to come when these so called "professionals" have long left with their millions at our expense, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 11:41

Pepe the Horseman
John Smith https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-jose-gomes-would-be-an-excellent-appointment-by-reading/4/

Fills me with great confidence. On the basis of what positives this article is written on, I would be just as good an appointment!!

Lol. Number one reason he'd make an excellent appointment - "he speaks perfect English". Brilliant.

Tbf, the linked article goes to the 3rd reason.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 11:45

Snowball
Hendo
Gunny Fishcake
Always amazes me that these bizarre appointments are done without any consultation or thoughts of the lifeblood and existence of the club, ie us the fans.

Why would a professional organisation consult a group of people who have no idea how the inner workings of said organisation work?

I find it bizarre that football fans feel such a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to big decisions relating to the club.

On finances etc, sure, but whether a manager has a good or bad track record,
whether a manager seems like a fit with the team, the club, the FANS...

If you think a manager can be successful while hated by fans, that's a new one

However, they do know more about the manager himself, as opposed to what his Wiki page says...

They would've interviewed him and agreed on what his approach to the team would be, which (without knowing any information myself) is good enough for me.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Dec 2018 11:53

Gunny Fishcake
Hendo
Gunny Fishcake

Of course they never would, but these so called "professionals" couldn't run a proper business if their life depended on it . They work in a business that is a cess pit of corruption and greed without any reality of the real world, where failure is rewarded with multi million pay offs and players are paid obscene wages to perform woefully if at all. So I think consulting the fans who will still be here in many years to come when these so called "professionals" have long left with their millions at our expense, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Absolutely correct.....and don't forget we pay our hard earned salaries into that corruption whether it's through merchandise, season tickets for Sky. We have every right to an opinion. If I want a sense of entitlement I'd support those sad aholes that Support Arsenal or Chelsea or Man United.......or funnier still Newcastle.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Dec 2018 11:55

John Smith Listen to you as if you think you have some sort of inside knowledge. You've got no better idea who he is than any of the rest of us!

Nothing inside on this one - it's just, I talk to people? I've formed opinions based on those I've talked to - being able to converse in their language and understand intonation doesn't exactly hurt either.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Dec 2018 11:57

Old Man Andrews
maffff
Old Man Andrews
You don't even know the municipal capital of Portugal.

Vai tomar no cu, OMÃ.

Você não é nada mais do que um final de sino fraudulento.

:lol: nice try, google.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Dec 2018 12:01

Fox Talbot
Gunny Fishcake Gomes 1/20 with Sky, think it'll be announced today .

With a huge sigh we'll just have to see what happens, if we start winning he'll be ok , if not, he'll be gone by the end of the season.

With his track record wish I'd applied now having won many Sunday leagues titles in my time.

Trying to recall a new Reading manager that's ever been received with so much gloom and misery in my many years as a STH, I can't think of one.

Piri Piri chicken anyone ?

Terry Bullivant.

From my point of view.

Steve Clarke
Paul Clement

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Dec 2018 12:04

Gunny Fishcake
Hendo
Gunny Fishcake

Imagine the chaos if they let the fans choose the manager.
Our short list would be Sir Alex Ferguson, Robin Friday and Jurgen Klopp.
It’s a bit insulting to say club owners have no ability to run a ‘proper’ business . You wonder where the multi millionaire owners of clubs made their millions !

Fezza

by Fezza » 21 Dec 2018 12:06

Infinitely preferable to Megson or Hughes or any of the other failed manager that earns a living getting sacked

Spid

by Spid » 21 Dec 2018 12:08

With a huge sigh we'll just have to see what happens, if we start winning he'll be ok , if not, he'll be gone by the end of the season.

With his track record wish I'd applied now having won many Sunday leagues titles in my time.

Trying to recall a new Reading manager that's ever been received with so much gloom and misery in my many years as a STH, I can't think of one.

Lol - You're amazed the fans weren't consulted. Would you expect to be consulted on team selection and tactics too? Or alternatively we could just let those better qualified to decide perhaps? They may get it wrong of course, but they'll certainly do a lot better than just going on fan opinion.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Dec 2018 12:11

Because we pay money into the club we have a say in the recruitment policy? No, doesn't work like that. I go to TGI Friday's for dinner quite a lot but I don't expect to be invited to board meetings and have a say in who their new CEO is going to be. Such an immature opinion that football supporters in general have. The club owes us nothing at all, we make the choice to pay our money to go and what they do with it is their decision.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2018 12:14

Old Man Andrews
CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews I'm deeply concerned about this appointment, worries me on every level.

You've changed your tune. OMA being the most fickle poster on this board, which is saying something on a forum full of football fans

Old Man Andrews
Were you hoping for Sir Alex or something?

When have I not been worried about an unknown quantity coming in, I have always wanted an experienced head or someone already working in the English league. Tosser.

Your sarcastic retort to my post kind of suggested that tbh didn’t it. Besides, it’s not the first time you would have changed your tune so spectacularly *cough* Club 1871 *cough*. Embarrassing.

Delboy

by Delboy » 21 Dec 2018 12:27

Got to give him a chance nobody knows him

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Dec 2018 12:32

maffff
John Smith Listen to you as if you think you have some sort of inside knowledge. You've got no better idea who he is than any of the rest of us!

Nothing inside on this one - it's just, I talk to people? I've formed opinions based on those I've talked to - being able to converse in their language and understand intonation doesn't exactly hurt either.

I speak English but had not idea of the Clement appointment.

I think it's time you go.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Dec 2018 12:32

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews
Você não é nada mais do que um final de sino fraudulento.

"You're nothing more than a fraudulent butt ending"?

I stand by my comments.

You mean you stand by the translated comments of a generic translation program...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Dec 2018 12:49

Spid

Lol - You're amazed the fans weren't consulted. Would you expect to be consulted on team selection and tactics too? Or alternatively we could just let those better qualified to decide perhaps? They may get it wrong of course, but they'll certainly do a lot better than just going on fan opinion.

With respect my comment was tongue in cheek, of course I don't expect the fans to be consulted , it would just be nice to ask our thoughts on the way the club is run and the future of the club . I'll get slaughtered for this, but we the fans are the customers of the club and in the main we're treated like sh*t , and when customers are not happy they change or leave, hence our home attendances plummeting by the week, just saying.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Dec 2018 12:59

We’re treated like shit are we ?
Check how much we pay for tickets, not many clubs where you pay less and they’ve kept prices for STH and kids lowfor several years.
We’ve had huge subsidy of expensive cup tickets.
In what way do the club treat us badly ?
Crowds have dropped because we’ve not been winning or playing well, but neither of those are deliberate policies of the owners.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 21 Dec 2018 13:00

Gunny Fishcake
Spid

With respect my comment was tongue in cheek, of course I don't expect the fans to be consulted , it would just be nice to ask our thoughts on the way the club is run and the future of the club . I'll get slaughtered for this, but we the fans are the customers of the club and in the main we're treated like sh*t , and when customers are not happy they change or leave, hence our home attendances plummeting by the week, just saying.

In what way are the fans treated like shit?

Spid

by Spid » 21 Dec 2018 13:00

Gunny Fishcake
Spid

How exactly are we treated like sh*t? :?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2018 13:10

This is going to be a bit of a controversial view; but when you’re sitting in a half empty stadium with barely 50 people able to muster a brief rendition of ‘blue army’ then as a fan base we don’t exactly deserve a lot.

1436 posts