New Manager

1436 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 08:24

biff
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
Nobody was called out it's called a discussion. Like I said you wouldn't understand that.

:lol: you quoted the guy and told him it was an awful example. I would say that’s the very definition of calling someone out... You don’t even realise you’re doing it, do you? And to top it off you had made the very same point just a few days ago. Classic.

are you the racist woodley twitter bloke?

Yep its the same person. Just awful.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 11 Dec 2018 08:49

Hound I think parky would do a decent, if not particularly inspiring job

I’d back him to get a bit of spirit going and sort out the short term issues. Can’t see our mid term ambition being any higher than mid table with him in charge though

It would be the most completely pointless sideways move since we swopped McDermott for Adkins.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 08:53

Dr_Hfuhruhurr

I’d back him to get a bit of spirit going and sort out the short term issues. Can’t see our mid term ambition being any higher than mid table with him in charge though

It would be the most completely pointless sideways move since we swopped McDermott for Adkins.

I would see it as a slightly cyincal attempt by Howe to get the supporters back on side, I don't like it at all. The main reason I hate the idea is because of the high regard I hold Parkinson in as a player, as we all do. I would hate to see his reputation tarnished.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Dec 2018 09:02

Dr_Hfuhruhurr

well maybe. but I didn't agree with sacking PC either

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 11 Dec 2018 09:07

Hound
Dr_Hfuhruhurr

well maybe. but I didn't agree with sacking PC either

Well I suppose we are in the Post-Clement era so what has gone before is rather pointless itself. I've made my feelings clear on the UR&G thread. The TL;DR is that Parkinson isnt for us. I think we have to go for top half of championship experience or something that translates to that. Parkinson doesnt have that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Dec 2018 09:14

No, it certainly wouldn't be the most ambitious appointment

Personally think we should be going all out for Jokanovic but doesn't seem too likely

odds have Parky at evens currently

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Dec 2018 09:19

Why just why are people happy with Parky?
I don`t buy this doing well with Bolton on a shoestring, his record before them was mediocre , bloody hell he was a half decent player in the lower leagues for us, but how does that fit in with him being the perfect fit for us?

Only one way we will go this season if we appoint him this season, and that`s down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 09:20

Who is happy with it? I have seen maybe 5 people on social media in support of the appointment.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 11 Dec 2018 09:24

Just a whacky suggestion, but if Parky gets the job....let's at least get behind him.

Anyone taking on this sad bunch of wasters deserves our support. And just maybe some of his obvious passion will spark these woeful players into action.

He knows the club. Let's do it. Bring him on.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Dec 2018 09:25

Do we seriously see us paying compo for Parky :lol:

When there are managers like Steve Bruce, Carlos Carvahal, Martin O’Neill, Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew currently looking for jobs?!

Im far from convinced. I think we’re in for a few more twists and turns as this plays out.

I’ll get behind Parky if he is to return. He gave everything as a player for us. Just not sure what he will offer Reading FC as a manager in the current state it’s in.
Last edited by royalp-we on 11 Dec 2018 09:33, edited 3 times in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Dec 2018 09:26

Old Man Andrews Who is happy with it? I have seen maybe 5 people on social media in support of the appointment.

Granted it`s not many, but they are out there, including a couple on here. but there are people happy with it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 09:26

Barney Just a whacky suggestion, but if Parky gets the job....let's at least get behind him.

Anyone taking on this sad bunch of wasters deserves our support. And just maybe some of his obvious passion will spark these woeful players into action.

He knows the club. Let's do it. Bring him on.

I cannot see anyone not supporting him should he get the job, quite the opposite in fact. I just think this is a very safe and somewhat unambitious appointment that will see us play boring football for the forseeable future.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Dec 2018 09:35

Think it'll be Parky, Ainsworth or Jokanovic. Don't know how much comp. Bolton or Wycombe would hold out for though and would probably delay any appointment

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 09:35

Sutekh Think it'll be Parky, Ainsworth or Jokanovic. Don't know how much comp. Bolton or Wycombe would hold out for though and would probably delay any appointment

Pick one.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2018 10:06

It should be Jokanovic but will take Parky all day long.

We aint got the players for this style of football everyone seems to be craving. We are in a relegation dog fight and what man would you want in the trenches with you to lead you out, has to be Parkinson.

Suggest everyone does some research and look at his track record - for what he has managed its decent. Some blips along the way but give him a half decent budget and lets see what he can do.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2018 10:13

paultheroyal It should be Jokanovic but will take Parky all day long.

We aint got the players for this style of football everyone seems to be craving. We are in a relegation dog fight and what man would you want in the trenches with you to lead you out, has to be Parkinson.

Suggest everyone does some research and look at his track record - for what he has managed its decent. Some blips along the way but half decent. Give him a budget and lets see what he can do.

I'm not sure what football style we are all craving, I'm thinking more along the lines of winning a few games and being able to compete for 90+ minutes per game might be a start.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 10:15

leon

Suggest everyone does some research and look at his track record - for what he has managed its decent. Some blips along the way but half decent. Give him a budget and lets see what he can do.

I'm not sure what football style we are all craving, I'm thinking more along the lines of winning a few games and being able to compete for 90+ minutes per game might be a start.

Could it not be argued we had started doing that under Clement? Certainly we were competing better.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2018 10:16

windermereROYAL Why just why are people happy with Parky?
I don`t buy this doing well with Bolton on a shoestring, his record before them was mediocre , bloody hell he was a half decent player in the lower leagues for us, but how does that fit in with him being the perfect fit for us?

Only one way we will go this season if we appoint him this season, and that`s down.

Parky's record isn't all that bad, but most importantly you have to look at it in context of the relative resources he's had. He's done pretty well in my eyes, with one failure at Hull.

Why give him the job? We need someone who is here for the long term and will be given the chance to build and stay to do the job. His links to the club should give him more of a chance and inclination to do that and see the job through, not leg it to another Championship club at the first chance like Clarke was wanting to.

Personally I think an appointment that brings the club and fans closer together would not be a bad thing, so I'm not sure why that is being used as a criticism by some.

Jokanović and Carvalhal could be very good options too, but I'm not convinced either would really fancy the job of turning this lot into a decent team let alone a longer term rebuild job that's needed. Would either of them be as likely to hang about if things were going well and a Leeds, 'Boro or West Brom came knocking?

We could do a lot worse than Parky.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2018 10:19

Old Man Andrews
leon

Could it not be argued we had started doing that under Clement? Certainly we were competing better.

Well we were getting to about 60 minutes.

Basildon

by Basildon » 11 Dec 2018 10:43

1436 posts