Feyenoord at MadStad tonight 7pm

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Feyenoord at MadStad tonight 7pm

by andrew1957 » 19 Dec 2018 21:52

Good performance tonight.

Thought we defended very well. On the two occasions they got through Mannone made a couple of great stops. I thought Richards had a good half and Medford-Smith did well second half but all 5 of the defenders had a good game and I never felt we were in much danger at the back.

Edwards was very good whilst he was on but as for Meyler perhaps I had better not say much but you can see why he is nowhere near the first team and he looked like a red card waiting to happen all evening with some very reckless challenges (he was very lucky to only get one yellow). Bodvarsson also did ok.

The younger midfielders/attackers were mixed. East was tidy. Barrett worked very hard but his delivery was lacking. Nolan had quite a good game.

I had not seen Olise before (believe he is only 17) and we might well have a very good player on our hands. House did not do too much but as you would want from a striker he was in the right place to take his goal well.

Overall a well deserved win to top the group.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Dec 2018 22:25

I watched bits of it, and I was impressed.

OK, they are not under the kind of pressure first team players are, but I'd love to see the first team able to knock the ball about as comfortably as that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2018 22:28

We looked a lot better on what I saw than we did against Man U

Think the midfield lads are good players - East looks very tidy

Thought Balogun at RB had a poor game from what I saw but the CBs did well

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 20 Dec 2018 12:02

I agree that our RB Balogun was poor. Very slow. Surprised he wasnt subbed at HT.

I thought Barret was lucky to stay on the pitch after his booking for a foul in the second half and then kicking it away after being booked. I heard the ref say "Josh?..... really?" I thought he tried to do way too much with the ball too many times. His free kick towards the end of the game was good though, heading for top corner and only a good save from the Feyenoord keeper kept it out.

I thought Manone was very very supportive and coached his defenders constantly. I think he may make a good manager at some point in the future.

Wasnt impressed with Meyler. Regularly beaten by the younger inexperienced opposition

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 20 Dec 2018 16:00

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Dec 2018 16:03

CrowthorneRoyal
Wasnt impressed with Meyler. Regularly beaten by the younger inexperienced opposition

Be fair to the guy. First game in some months.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Dec 2018 18:30

Lower West
CrowthorneRoyal

Nor has Edwards played for ages but he played well.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Dec 2018 19:35

Lower West
CrowthorneRoyal

No it's because he plays FIFA.

When you play FIFA your mind gets all confused and when you're playing football for real you start using your thumbs looking for a joypad instead of your real legs. How dare he.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2018 20:50

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Lower West
CrowthorneRoyal

When you play FIFA your mind gets all confused and when you're playing football for real you start using your thumbs looking for a joypad instead of your real legs. How dare he.

Ironically it often feels like some of our supporters think real football should be played like FIFA!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2018 13:51

Hendo
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Lower West

Ironically it often feels like some of our supporters think real football should be played like FIFA!

Well it should!

And managers should manage like I manage on Football Manager.