BBC Radio Berks

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BBC Radio Berks

by leon » 30 Dec 2018 13:32

Fcuk me, this is grim reading lads. Even for the Team Board.

People with dogmatic views criticising other people with dogmatic views in an ever decreasing circle of small minded shit.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Dec 2018 13:32

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Steve_Upper_West
Actually I would say Tim is the passionate one and rarely sits on the fence - Adi is just embarrassing with his attempts to be contraversial and his predictable sound bites... “my favourite part of the show - Tim Dellor’s stat attack” ...for a ‘sports journalist’ he should perhaps concentrate on his own stats - according to him (today) we lost 3 - 2 to Derby on the opening day of the season :o

And just for the record..... it’s Terry from the IOW :wink:

Cheers mate....Terry that's the one. I think its when I latch onto the " Isle of Wight" bit I get the red mist and everything in my life becomes irrelevant. He gets so much bloody airtime its unreal. I'm normally fighting the self control button when Im driving 'home on the M4.

No one willing to call up a radio phone in and talk about a game is worth listening to.

He never talks about the games though......its always stats and how those stats prove Stam or Clement could have turned it all around. I don't know if you ever watch Arsenal Fan TV which can be hilarious (and I do watch it now and again just to remind me how shallow and deluded fans can be).....there's a bloke on there called TY and even when that club is being mullered or underperforming he always tries and finds something positive about the club and come up with some crappy historical stat to back it up. They are so similar its untrue.
There is so many times I'd like to pick the phone up to BBCRB my feeling is I'd get cut off because I'm likely to swear.....or probably say the wrong thing. There must be loads of fans trying to get through but its always the same people and there are times all of them seem so bloody diplomatic about some of our horrendous performances.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Dec 2018 13:38

Moonfish
72 bus Gomes is going to prove Dim Dellor wrong,

Even if Dellor is 'proved wrong' as a fan of this club surely he will be as delighted as the rest of us?

That's not always the way it works. :wink:

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 30 Dec 2018 13:40

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal Agree Dellor's a fanboy, which is why he isn't very good. Way too emotionally invested to do his job properly. Mick's good. Adi is just playing the controversy for the ratings, which is all just a bit tragic.

Dellor is more a prime Royals Boo Boy. Uses BBCRB to wage personal campaigns against individual players and/or manager (quite vicious on occasions) then bleats like hell when listeners call/text/tweet to pick him up on it. He also goes on big time about managers after the game but then refuses to put the points he has been making to the manager himself, instead leaving it to Williams to ask the difficult/critical questions. Typical of this was when he ducked the half-time team talk issue with Clement when Clement challenged him. Public school bully boy.

Last line said it all, you have a chip on your shoulder as he went to public school.
We are lucky to have a genuine fan and 2 ex Reading players on our local station rather then just 3 boring neutral journos imo

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2018 13:52

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Cheers mate....Terry that's the one. I think its when I latch onto the " Isle of Wight" bit I get the red mist and everything in my life becomes irrelevant. He gets so much bloody airtime its unreal. I'm normally fighting the self control button when Im driving 'home on the M4.

No one willing to call up a radio phone in and talk about a game is worth listening to.

He never talks about the games though......its always stats and how those stats prove Stam or Clement could have turned it all around. I don't know if you ever watch Arsenal Fan TV which can be hilarious (and I do watch it now and again just to remind me how shallow and deluded fans can be).....there's a bloke on there called TY and even when that club is being mullered or underperforming he always tries and finds something positive about the club and come up with some crappy historical stat to back it up. They are so similar its untrue.
There is so many times I'd like to pick the phone up to BBCRB my feeling is I'd get cut off because I'm likely to swear.....or probably say the wrong thing. There must be loads of fans trying to get through but its always the same people and there are times all of them seem so bloody diplomatic about some of our horrendous performances.

The reason the same people always get through is because they're the only loons calling.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Dec 2018 13:56

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal No one willing to call up a radio phone in and talk about a game is worth listening to.

The reason the same people always get through is because they're the only loons calling.

You have to be extremely lonely to get to the point where you feel the need to call Radio Berks post match. Don't think I've ever heard a good call post game, normally some old boy just waiting to die who hasn't even seen the game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2018 14:06

I think schards has called in on occasion. :?

I think the callers fall into 3 categories usually, lonely, mad or so angry all judgement has fled.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Dec 2018 14:10

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal Agree Dellor's a fanboy, which is why he isn't very good. Way too emotionally invested to do his job properly. Mick's good. Adi is just playing the controversy for the ratings, which is all just a bit tragic.

Dellor is more a prime Royals Boo Boy. Uses BBCRB to wage personal campaigns against individual players and/or manager (quite vicious on occasions) then bleats like hell when listeners call/text/tweet to pick him up on it. He also goes on big time about managers after the game but then refuses to put the points he has been making to the manager himself, instead leaving it to Williams to ask the difficult/critical questions. Typical of this was when he ducked the half-time team talk issue with Clement when Clement challenged him. Public school bully boy.

He'll also pick favourites and worship them, blind to any short comings. CoughGuntercough.

So in other words just like half the posters on here. A fan boy.

Coming from you with your bile filled rants about Madejski and others, it's also a bit rich.

He can't be that blind, because I have heard him criticize Gunter several times this season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Dec 2018 14:28

Snowflake Royal I think schards has called in on occasion. :?

I think the callers fall into 3 categories usually, lonely, mad or so angry all judgement has fled.

I would definitely fall into the third category :D

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Dec 2018 18:44

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

You have to be extremely lonely to get to the point where you feel the need to call Radio Berks post match. Don't think I've ever heard a good call post game, normally some old boy just waiting to die who hasn't even seen the game.

No different to 606 callers. Many of whom have only ever watched their teams in the good times.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 30 Dec 2018 21:25

Dim also reckons he cares more than the people who travel the country and pay to watch because he’s the one who has to interview the manager and players.

So you’re all shitter fans than Tim.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Dec 2018 21:32

peterroyal76 Dim also reckons he cares more than the people who travel the country and pay to watch because he’s the one who has to interview the manager and players.

So you’re all shitter fans than Tim.

Jesus. Grow up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Dec 2018 21:40

Rea Ding
RoyalBlue

Last line said it all, you have a chip on your shoulder as he went to public school.
We are lucky to have a genuine fan and 2 ex Reading players on our local station rather then just 3 boring neutral journos imo

Guess what type of school I went to? :lol:

Amateur psychology fail!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 30 Dec 2018 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Dec 2018 23:42

RoyalBlue
Rea Ding
RoyalBlue

Guess what type of school I went to?

A special one?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Dec 2018 00:07

Some here need to lighten-up, and as if it even needed saying......

.....there is already whole section dedicated on hna to BBC Berks :roll:

However, amongst the criticism and chagrin here for their footballing output, what is the alternative?.....for those that recall The Royal Box or Radio 210...you already know that answer lol

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 Dec 2018 12:57

RoyalBlue
Rea Ding
RoyalBlue

Guess what type of school I went to? :lol:

Amateur psychology fail!

RoyalBlue, that explains a lot. :P

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Dec 2018 14:10

BBCRB is absolutely fine.

A great mix of two ex players, one of whom took us to Wembley as a manager and a commentator who is clearly an emotional and opinionated fan.

Dellor does the emotion, as a fan.
Adi also does and it's entertaining and interesting when they disagree just as all fans do (like us !)
And Gooding is the grounded one.

They all have their annoyances.

Dellor- I hate the commentary when I'm often left wondering if there is a goal. Just oxf*rd say "GOAL!!" When a goal has been scored rather than some descriptive piece of shit that goes on for ages until you figure out a goal has indeed been scored after several minutes of rambling. We can't see what you can see! It takes the excitement out of listening to football when I'm kind of half cheering because it's not clear if we've actually scored. Other than that though I thoroughly enjoy his emotion, his passion, his biases. It'd be a real shame to lose him.

Adi- has massively improved. I find it funny when he asks for an opinion from a caller he always makes sure he gives his opinion first and leads them to agree with him. "What do you think about X. I think this and this wouldn't you say that's right?". The only other thing that really pissed me off is him going on about Wolves "my former club" and how he had a great time there. I don't give a flying f**k about Wolves. We don't like them, they don't like us. STFU about Wolves we don't give a shit. You're hired because you're a Reading legend not a Wolves player. Still, a top top lad and we're lucky to have him at BBCRB.

Mick - no flaws. Absolute legend. Love the guy.

Overall they put on a great show and would rather this mix with their mini-flaws than boring neutral nonsense.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 Dec 2018 16:34

Good post.

Dellor is alright, but goes over board sometimes. The other week, Aluko lost the ball in the middle of the park, and so then Dellor went off on Aluko for about 20 mins, mid game. He has it in for certain players. He didn't much like Vydra when he was here, either.

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... ra-comment

I recall that some felt Dellor had something to do with Rogers being fired? I was never sure whether to believe that, or whether he had that much influence(?)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Dec 2018 16:42

Not even slightly a good post. Anyone who thinks Mick Gooding is decent on the radio needs their head checking, he might as well not be there. He is a fence sitter and offers zero to the coverage.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Dec 2018 16:47

Denver Royal Good post.

Dellor is alright, but goes over board sometimes. The other week, Aluko lost the ball in the middle of the park, and so then Dellor went off on Aluko for about 20 mins, mid game. He has it in for certain players. He didn't much like Vydra when he was here, either.

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... ra-comment

I recall that some felt Dellor had something to do with Rogers being fired? I was never sure whether to believe that, or whether he had that much influence(?)

Agreed was a decent post.