Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour- Ovie Ejaria

by Stranded » 07 Jan 2019 15:07

Chronic suggesting this is actually a permanent transfer not a loan and that a fee has been agreed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jan 2019 15:28

Gerrard was disappointed to see him go, so can't have been doing too bad in Scotland.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 07 Jan 2019 15:28

Do we really need someone else’s pampered Academy player. We played nice football at Manure, but it got a bit too pretty for no reward. Then later I saw Doncaster’s John Marquis and then Barnets Coulthurst wrecking better opposition by holding the ball up front and generally bruising defenders. Surely one or two lumps amongst our pretty stuff would pay dividends?. Sheffield United looked punch drunk against Colthurst, but they looked Worldies when we played them recently.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jan 2019 15:51

Stranded Chronic suggesting this is actually a permanent transfer not a loan and that a fee has been agreed.

It’s down as a loan everywhere that I can see. Chronicle just says a fee has been agreed but don’t clubs pay a fee to bring a player on loan as well?

For the record Ejaria is a central midfielder who can also play in the attacking midfield role.

If he’s any good he’ll most likely be injured by the first week of February and out until late April.

Tazewell Royal

by Tazewell Royal » 07 Jan 2019 16:22

Victor Meldrew An interesting one-I wonder if it is a case of wanting to be back down near London and Barry Hunter having a part to play.

It was Barry Hunter who was instrumental in Tiago Illori coming. Is he using his old club as a dumping ground for Anfield's misfits?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Jan 2019 16:47

You could get somebody that you know to ask him TR. :wink:
BTW shouldn't you consider a name change to Thatcham Royal?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 16:53

Sutekh
Stranded Chronic suggesting this is actually a permanent transfer not a loan and that a fee has been agreed.

It’s down as a loan everywhere that I can see. Chronicle just says a fee has been agreed but don’t clubs pay a fee to bring a player on loan as well?

For the record Ejaria is a central midfielder who can also play in the attacking midfield role.

If he’s any good he’ll most likely be injured by the first week of February and out until late April.

I think he’s competition for Swift isn’t he?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2019 16:55

yep, but wondering where that leaves Aluko

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Jan 2019 16:59

Hound yep, but wondering where that leaves Aluko

Hopefully somewhere far far away.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jan 2019 17:35

Sutekh

l.

More likely we’vegot an initial 6 month loan and then an option to buy at a preagreed price.

I think loan fees vary. Depends who initiates the loan. If we loan Myler out a Div 2 side I doubt we’ll be charging them.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:08

Hound my googling suggests a decent player, but not really a priority area to fix. sounds fairly similar to Rinomhota

Can see why he fits into Gomes plan. Be interesting to see who goes from the current midfield set up if he comes in

Seems a bit more attacking than Rinomhota.

Whoscored has him as more in advanced in Sunderland's last game of the season (4-1-4-1 where he's in the midfield four). Across his (not many appearances for them he has almost a shot a game, 1 key pass a game. And of course, a solitary goal.

By comparison Rino is on 0.2 shots a game and 0.5 key passes, but with what looks like similar defensive work from a quick and dirty comparison.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2019 19:57

Snowflake Royal
Hound my googling suggests a decent player, but not really a priority area to fix. sounds fairly similar to Rinomhota

Can see why he fits into Gomes plan. Be interesting to see who goes from the current midfield set up if he comes in

Seems a bit more attacking than Rinomhota.

Whoscored has him as more in advanced in Sunderland's last game of the season (4-1-4-1 where he's in the midfield four). Across his (not many appearances for them he has almost a shot a game, 1 key pass a game. And of course, a solitary goal.

By comparison Rino is on 0.2 shots a game and 0.5 key passes, but with what looks like similar defensive work from a quick and dirty comparison.

Yep indeed. After more research seems more of an attacking mid

@sonkimarsson

by @sonkimarsson » 07 Jan 2019 20:06

Confirmed on loan for the rest of the season.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... -madejski/

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 07 Jan 2019 20:08

Nameless
Sutekh

l.

More likely we’vegot an initial 6 month loan and then an option to buy at a preagreed price.

I think loan fees vary. Depends who initiates the loan. If we loan Myler out a Div 2 side I doubt we’ll be charging them.....

We'd probably have to pay them ...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2019 20:31

Nameless
Sutekh He isn’t going to have much of a career in England if he can’t take to the physical side of the game.

Anybody whelmed by this one?

Probably the same people who were very down beat about Gomes !
I want to give the lad a chance rather than writing him off on the back of one comment by a Scottish journalist ....

Some thoughts from people who've actually seen him play

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/ovie-ejaria-to-join-reading.61472

Anyway, not writing him off, just looking for a slighly more informed opinion in the absence of us knowing anything about him. I hope he does well for us and can provide some much needed creativity.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 07 Jan 2019 20:38, edited 2 times in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jan 2019 20:35

@sonkimarsson Confirmed on loan for the rest of the season.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... -madejski/

Confimred.

biff

by biff » 07 Jan 2019 20:47

More or less universally panned. Not entirely sure why we're in for this kind of player, maybe Ezatolahi is actually dead and they haven't got the heart to tell us?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Jan 2019 20:49

Is he eligible to play in the play-offs?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2019 22:19

Snowball Is he eligible to play in the play-offs?

No, we're his third club this season, he can't sign for anyone else.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Jan 2019 22:34

Delighted we're getting a midfielder in.

That's the one area we've completely neglected in the last couple of years and we have no youngsters who can step up either.

Oh.

368 posts