Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
percy_freeman

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

by percy_freeman » 28 Aug 2020 22:20

Finally, some sort of show of commitment. FFS can we now all have a half full glass and get together. This could be the start of something really good....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2020 22:42

bcubed
NewCorkSeth Well I for one am delighted. Off to have a oxf*rd.

Fair play

You obviously take this transfer business very seriously

I only masturbate to Ovie Ejaria announcements.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Aug 2020 23:52

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth Well I for one am delighted. Off to have a oxf*rd.

Fair play

Any announcement?!
What about
Ejaria is injured. Or
Ejaria has been dropped for the next game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2020 07:33

bcubed
NewCorkSeth
bcubed
Fair play

Any announcement?!
What about
Ejaria is injured. Or

Yes.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Aug 2020 07:36

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth I only masturbate to Ovie Ejaria announcements.

Any announcement?!
What about
Ejaria is injured. Or

Yes.

I wonder if we can get Ovie to start making announcements every hour on the hour.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Aug 2020 07:38

Ovie wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2020 07:47

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
bcubed
Any announcement?!
What about
Ejaria is injured. Or

Yes.

I wonder if we can get Ovie to start making announcements every hour on the hour.

He is notoriously media shy. Good luck. I'll start practicing just in case. After all: fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 09:34

Hound Tbf we’re looking decent up front and CM now. Back 5 of Yiadom, Moore, MM, McIntyre and Richards is strong. GK is solid.

Couple of proper wingers and we’re covering most bases now

Looking very fragile at the back to me.

Little proven cover at RB or CB in the case of injuries, none at LB. Moore has been consistently shite when played as RCB, particularly as one of three. Got torn apart last season when playing with advanced wing backs, massive holes down the channels and CBs pulled all over the place and all left isolated because they were too spread apart.

Not much width. Yiadom prefers cutting inside and shooting and Richards isn't much different.

Hard to see where our top scorer fits in.

Light on defensive midfield options.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2020 09:44

Snowflake Royal
Hound Tbf we’re looking decent up front and CM now. Back 5 of Yiadom, Moore, MM, McIntyre and Richards is strong. GK is solid.

Little proven cover at RB or CB in the case of injuries, none at LB. Moore has been consistently shite when played as RCB, particularly as one of three. Got torn apart last season when playing with advanced wing backs, massive holes down the channels and CBs pulled all over the place and all left isolated because they were too spread apart.

Not much width. Yiadom prefers cutting inside and shooting and Richards isn't much different.

We are very light at full back. Not too concerned about centre back. I think we have three good enough at this level to play there. We will have to wait and see re Holmes. Very lacking in wide players. Wingers have to be a priority.
We could do with a CDM because at the moment we ain’t got one.

So I think we need five players. Two full backs, two wingers and a CDM. Move on Smith, Watson, Walker, Aluko, McNulty and for me Baldock. We will then finally have a sensibly sized squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 12:30

Zip
Snowflake Royal

We are very light at full back. Not too concerned about centre back. I think we have three good enough at this level to play there. We will have to wait and see re Holmes. Very lacking in wide players. Wingers have to be a priority.

So I think we need five players. Two full backs, two wingers and a CDM. Move on Smith, Watson, Walker, Aluko, McNulty and for me Baldock. We will then finally have a sensibly sized squad.

Wingers is an interesting one, because we're setting up more than ever to play without them.

I'd be tempted to save on them and put the money into better wing backs than we'd otherwise get, and ones that are happy to cross.

CB worries me, one injury and we have no CB subs unless we change the shape and revert to two. And we can't even more Yiadom in as an emergency because his cover is highly suspect. And no DM who can drop in either.

Moore has his shoulder issues. Morrison is getting on. McIntyre is not unused to injury.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2020 12:39

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Looking very fragile at the back to me.

Wingers is an interesting one, because we're setting up more than ever to play without them.

I'd be tempted to save on them and put the money into better wing backs than we'd otherwise get, and ones that are happy to cross.

CB worries me, one injury and we have no CB subs unless we change the shape and revert to two. And we can't even more Yiadom in as an emergency because his cover is highly suspect. And no DM who can drop in either.

Moore has his shoulder issues. Morrison is getting on. McIntyre is not unused to injury.

I would rather we played out and out wingers. Too often fullbacks become wingbacks but without the ability to do the winger part very well. I see your point regarding centre backs but both Moore and Morrison have very good fitness records. They rarely miss many games a season. McIntyre has been injury prone but for now I’d rather give Holmes a chance to see if he can make the grade than bring another cb in.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2020 12:44

Wonder if Dorsett might be seen as a serious option? Obviously with a new manager everything is up in the air, and he hasn’t had any involvement so far, so probably not.

Samuels at left back could be a reasonable back up if Richards is going to be the main man all season?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Aug 2020 13:29

SCIAG Wonder if Dorsett might be seen as a serious option? Obviously with a new manager everything is up in the air, and he hasn’t had any involvement so far, so probably not.

Samuels at left back could be a reasonable back up if Richards is going to be the main man all season?

Not sure if Dorsett is injured but didn't notice him involved against orient for the u23s or in the first team pics and Nelson Abbey has travelled with the first team to Portugal. Otherwise he'd seem like the obvious backup for McIntyre

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Aug 2020 13:35

I would love to see Ejaria just trying to be played higher up the pitch. Just in that Arsenalesque Kanu role where he is fed and holds the ball and looks for a run. To me to that's his strongest attribute. His game suffers when we play a counter attacking game, he doesn't seem quick enough or instinctively puts his foot on the ball.
I'm pretty excited about the new coach (unlike some).....I think he may get the best out of some of these players.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 14:41

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I would rather we played out and out wingers. Too often fullbacks become wingbacks but without the ability to do the winger part very well. I see your point regarding centre backs but both Moore and Morrison have very good fitness records. They rarely miss many games a season. McIntyre has been injury prone but for now I’d rather give Holmes a chance to see if he can make the grade than bring another cb in.

If you're playing 3 at the back, 4 CBs isn't enough. I have no issue with Holmes but one problem and we're bare bones.

I know you want us to play wingers, but there's no point buying any if we're not going to play with them. I'm not talking about using wing backs as wingers, I'm talking about using them as wing backs, as we're currently set up to do. Playing proper wingers at wing back is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 14:43

SCIAG Wonder if Dorsett might be seen as a serious option? Obviously with a new manager everything is up in the air, and he hasn’t had any involvement so far, so probably not.

Don't know anything about Samuels, what's the low down on him?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2020 15:43

Simon's Church

Not sure if Dorsett is injured but didn't notice him involved against orient for the u23s or in the first team pics and Nelson Abbey has travelled with the first team to Portugal. Otherwise he'd seem like the obvious backup for McIntyre

I support anything that leads to Nelson Abbey playing for Reading. Would even beat Tom Holmes playing at the same time as both Ben House and Tennai Watson.

@Ian - don’t recall having seen Samuels play and he’s only 17, but he came on against Spurs and is an England U17 international. If we’re struggling to find an affordable back-up then maybe he’s an optimistic choice.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 16:35

SCIAG
Simon's Church

I support anything that leads to Nelson Abbey playing for Reading. Would even beat Tom Holmes playing at the same time as both Ben House and Tennai Watson.

@Ian - don’t recall having seen Samuels play and he’s only 17, but he came on against Spurs and is an England U17 international. If we’re struggling to find an affordable back-up then maybe he’s an optimistic choice.

If he's actually a LB, that seems not too bad, cheers.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2020 17:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Wingers is an interesting one, because we're setting up more than ever to play without them.

If you're playing 3 at the back, 4 CBs isn't enough. I have no issue with Holmes but one problem and we're bare bones.

I know you want us to play wingers, but there's no point buying any if we're not going to play with them. I'm not talking about using wing backs as wingers, I'm talking about using them as wing backs, as we're currently set up to do. Playing proper wingers at wing back is a recipe for disaster IMO.

I don’t want three at the back. It doesn’t work for us. Would rather have conventional fullbacks and two cb’s with wingers down the flanks. We will have to see how the new manager sets us but we lack width and pace and that needs to change.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 19:02

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I don’t want three at the back. It doesn’t work for us. Would rather have conventional fullbacks and two cb’s with wingers down the flanks. We will have to see how the new manager sets us but we lack width and pace and that needs to change.

OK, if you're tlking about what you want, rather than making what we're doing work, fair enough, we're talking about different things. Not sure I agree we should do that, but if we do I agree you're right.

368 posts