Clear out started

211 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clear out started

by leon » 07 Jan 2019 19:20

tidus_mi2
CountryRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash Vito not happy with being listed and ostracised according to social media post

Can't find what was said?

That doesn’t sound great tbh.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jan 2019 19:21

I`m wondering if that is a fake account, I`m surprised Vito would go public on something like this until after got a move,

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jan 2019 19:21

What a lovely club we've turned into.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jan 2019 19:21

windermereROYAL I`m wondering if that is a fake account, I`m surprised Vito would go public on something like this until after got a move,

Does seem a trifle odd.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:22

Mannone has a point. Whatever his faults he has always been professional and being treated like this is harsh. I realise why it’s being done but he’s. a decent pro and hardly a trouble maker.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:25

Gomes was pretty clear that he wanted a smaller squad and that whilst it may seem unfair to individuals, it was better to isolate the players he wanted from the players he didn't. Especially ones pissed off at being told their surplus to requirements. And of course, it helps encourage them to find a way to leave. Gomes doesn't owe Mannone anything.

It's very sad that Vito made such an effort in very difficult circumstances but, when is there ever sentiment in football? Most players would ditch their team in a heartbeat for the right offer no matter how well it'd treated them. It's the same both ways.

I can't say I'm very comfortable with it, but I don't think it's particularly poor in football.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jan 2019 19:26

Looks like a personal message on Instagram so he's either been betrayed by someone he considers a friend or as you say, it could be a fake account.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jan 2019 19:32

leon That doesn’t sound great tbh.

It's brutal by the club and to be honest, I'm surprised Mannone is one of them considering I don't think his performances have been that bad (certainly no worse than Jaakkola).

But in desperate times the club needs to do everything it can - sure it's a bit distasteful but if it keeps us up, then it was worth pissing off a few highly paid professionals.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:34

genome

It's brutal by the club and to be honest, I'm surprised Mannone is one of them considering I don't think his performances have been that bad (certainly no worse than Jaakkola).

But in desperate times the club needs to do everything it can - sure it's a bit distasteful but if it keeps us up, then it was worth pissing off a few highly paid professionals.

Also, it's probably quite awkward to single out one player you transfer list to stay training with the first team and using the same facilities at the same time, when you've told the others to oxf*rd right off. Mannone could be 'collateral' damage.

Still feels bad though.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:35

Lower West
URZZZZ Good to see Gomes having a go at restructuring the squad but I thought the whole idea of the summer was to restructure?

Problems started when Clarke was here. All those loan signings. Blowing the Thai's budget on a one off promotion gamble. McD never had a chance to recruit. We were threadbare away at Blackburn on the last day of that season. Ever since we've struggled to have a settled balanced team. Only real top class player we've had is Yann. As could produce something out of nothing.

No guarantee that Gomes will be able to attract quality players permanently. Nor that any that do come settle in. We'll see how good a coaching team they are with the younger ones. As that's where much of the future must lie.

Yes he did - he signed gems such as Gravenberch and Rakels in the Jan window he was here and there were probably others I've forgotten.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:37

genome

I thought the criticism of Mannone after the Derby game was harsh. I would have him ahead of Jaakkola and Walker but appreciate there isn’t much in it and he is the highest paid of the three.
I don’t see why he should be treated like this though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:39

Mid Sussex Royal
Lower West
URZZZZ Good to see Gomes having a go at restructuring the squad but I thought the whole idea of the summer was to restructure?

Problems started when Clarke was here. All those loan signings. Blowing the Thai's budget on a one off promotion gamble. McD never had a chance to recruit. We were threadbare away at Blackburn on the last day of that season. Ever since we've struggled to have a settled balanced team. Only real top class player we've had is Yann. As could produce something out of nothing.

No guarantee that Gomes will be able to attract quality players permanently. Nor that any that do come settle in. We'll see how good a coaching team they are with the younger ones. As that's where much of the future must lie.

Yes he did - he signed gems such as Gravenberch and Rakels in the Jan window he was here and there were probably others I've forgotten.

Well yes but he was hardly given a pot of gold to spend on signings. Look how much was wasted on signings in 2017.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:40

Mid Sussex Royal
Lower West

Gravenberch was signed about three days before he was sacked in the summer, and was pretty clearly a Tevreden signing. I think it's fair to say that a couple of signings in January and then getting the boot for no reason isn't much of a chance to recruit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jan 2019 19:42

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Lower West

Gravenberch was signed about three days before he was sacked in the summer, and was pretty clearly a Tevreden signing. I think it's fair to say that a couple of signings in January and then getting the boot for no reason isn't much of a chance to recruit.

Rakels was an owners signing as well.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 07 Jan 2019 19:47

Snowflake Royal I'd also add that whilst it's great Gomes has transfer listed the McShane, Mannone and Meyler, it doesn't mean they'll go anywhere.

Given Clement signed Walker and extended Jaakkola it's not unreasonable to consider that he may have been trying to shift Mannone. And he certainly dropped Meyler and McShane like hot potatoes too.

Hopefully Gomes will have more success but I fear of the four Ms the one most likely to go is the one whose likely cheapest and most likely to be useful next season in League One. And we'll still be paying at least two of the other three come Feb.

But if they are training seperately and not being picked then it doesnt matter surely (other than the cost)?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 07 Jan 2019 19:47

tidus_mi2 Looks like a personal message on Instagram so he's either been betrayed by someone he considers a friend or as you say, it could be a fake account.

Having just done a quick Google search it appears that's not his account on Insta, there's one called vitomannoneofficial. Does seem rather harsh on him. I'm sure the club have been expecting him to move at some point this season or this coming summer, but if it wasn't for his penalty saves last season i'm not sure we'd have stayed up, and also he's had to deal with his mother's death.

On another note, I called Edwards going to Shrewsbury when that rumour started last summer of him going to Gillingham. I was meh about him coming in the first place, didn't see why we needed him (and Wolves fans didn't think he'd fit into Stam's style at all), and while I think he was a poor signing he comes across as a decent bloke. Not fussed about him leaving us but good to be right!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jan 2019 19:48

CF reporting 5 players have been removed from 1st team training, are we thinking Baldock too?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:48

New signing about to be announced.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:52

Ejaria is a Royal.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 19:54

Ejaria on loan until the end of the season. Confirmed.

211 posts