MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by the need not ot lose

199 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by the need not ot lose

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 22:27

Having seen the highlights:

How the oxf*rd did Swift miss the target?
Some excellent work by Martinez
Slick passing
Somewhat lucky to get a soft penalty although hard to see clearly and the ref was well placed
Excellently taken penalty.
Shocking pressure on the ball for them to take their time crossing
Weak marking in the box with little atempt to win the cross and clear it.

Same old same old.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Jan 2019 23:50

Stranded Oliveria was superb, lead the line excellently.

Stranded, yep, goals have been a prob, but encouraged last nite? Looking forward to what he and Bod do up front together, and how Gomes uses them. Could maybe see Meite coming on last 20-30 for Bod, neither one is really a 90 min player, for me. (Early doors, but if Norwich go up, not sure they’d want Oliveira in PL? Norfolk?)

And, Martinez was different class. Could hardly have had more impressive debut. Confident and assured throughout. Defenders prolly in shock. I know I was.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 07:48

Denver Royal
Stranded Oliveria was superb, lead the line excellently.

Stranded, yep, goals have been a prob, but encouraged last nite? Looking forward to what he and Bod do up front together, and how Gomes uses them. Could maybe see Meite coming on last 20-30 for Bod, neither one is really a 90 min player, for me. (Early doors, but if Norwich go up, not sure they’d want Oliveira in PL? Norfolk?)

And, Martinez was different class. Could hardly have had more impressive debut. Confident and assured throughout. Defenders prolly in shock. I know I was.

What makes you think Gomes would play 2 upfront to allow Bod to play with Oliveira... I've seen nothing to suggest that's at all likely.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2019 10:18

Snowflake Royal Having seen the highlights:

Slick passing
Somewhat lucky to get a soft penalty although hard to see clearly and the ref was well placed

Same old same old.

Pen was soft but was a pen and we really should have had one in the 1st half when the keeper clattered Oliveria in the area but the ref gave a foul on the edge instead (from which the ball ended up being cleared off the line).

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2019 10:18

Slick passing

Same old same old.

Shame you didn't see the game Oliviera did superb work coming back to help and pressing after the ball was lost. Think Bod but a lot stronger.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2019 10:20

Stranded

Slick passing

Same old same old.

Pen was soft but was a pen and we really should have had one in the 1st half when the keeper clattered Oliveria in the area but the ref gave a foul on the edge instead (from which the ball ended up being cleared off the line).

Soft? I thought it was the definition of a foul in the box. His back leg was clipped by the defender. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick so why a soft penalty?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jan 2019 11:07

No BFTG thread or is this it?

That result was really, really bad. The manner of the defeat was poor as well given that we dominated the game. It should have been put to bed long before. Relying on penalties to score and conceding cheap headers from set pieces is basics at its best.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 11:12

John Smith No BFTG thread or is this it?

That result was really, really bad. The manner of the defeat was poor as well given that we dominated the game. It should have been put to bed long before. Relying on penalties to score and conceding cheap headers from set pieces is basics at its best.

We didn't lose my friend.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jan 2019 11:15

Old Man Andrews
John Smith No BFTG thread or is this it?

We didn't lose my friend.

Oh deary me. Freudian slip at its worst.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 19:01

NewCorkSeth
Stranded

Slick passing

Same old same old.

Soft? I thought it was the definition of a foul in the box. His back leg was clipped by the defender. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick so why a soft penalty?

It looked as much like McCleary kicks his leg on the shot attempt as he clips McCleary... but I didn't get a clear look at it.

I think you could easily see a ref wave play on in the box or anywhere else, because it looks so innocuous.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Feb 2019 15:51

Not enough has been made of this result. I really think it could prove to be costly come the end of the season when we need 2 points from somewhere. I know we have to move on but this was a disaster on a monumental level.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Feb 2019 16:51

John Smith Not enough has been made of this result. I really think it could prove to be costly come the end of the season when we need 2 points from somewhere. I know we have to move on but this was a disaster on a monumental level.

Monumental disaster with 48 points up for grabs, being 1 point from safety and with teams in and around us still to play, sure I can see why you'd think that...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Feb 2019 08:39

John Smith Not enough has been made of this result. I really think it could prove to be costly come the end of the season when we need 2 points from somewhere. I know we have to move on but this was a disaster on a monumental level.

Fully agreed. As you said above it was a defeat, which although it was not it sure felt like that! We really needed those 3 points.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Feb 2019 08:39

Fully agreed. As you said above it was a defeat, which although it was not it sure felt like that! We really needed those 3 points.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2019 14:51

Hendo

Monumental disaster with 48 points up for grabs, being 1 point from safety and with teams in and around us still to play, sure I can see why you'd think that...

You can continue to brush it under the carpet Hendo but like I say when we're 2 points off survival because of a lack of concentration at vital times then this game will be the first one you'll be looking to in hindsight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2019 15:20

yep it was a shit end to the game and a massive 2 points dropped. Now can we let this thread drop off never to be re-opened?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Feb 2019 15:49

Hound yep it was a shit end to the game and a massive 2 points dropped. Now can we let this thread drop off never to be re-opened?

I'd like to think we'll still be talking about this result in 20 years time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2019 15:52

leon
Hound yep it was a shit end to the game and a massive 2 points dropped. Now can we let this thread drop off never to be re-opened?

I'd like to think we'll still be talking about this result in 20 years time.

John Smith might be

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2019 16:10

John Smith
Hendo

You can continue to brush it under the carpet Hendo but like I say when we're 2 points off survival because of a lack of concentration at vital times then this game will be the first one you'll be looking to in hindsight.

Just trying to balance the sensationalism.

199 posts