BFTG Villa

424 posts
bigshaka'away'

Re: BFTG Villa

by bigshaka'away' » 03 Feb 2019 19:58

Aside from the stamp...much has been said on that.

A good game, which was pretty even. We were lucky to get away with a penalty for handball - it was pretty blatant.

The new 'keeper is a massive upgrade, and all in all we looked good at the back. I liked the passing out from the back and general build up play in the first half.

I thought Ovie Ejaria, after a poor opening 20 mins, was excellent. He has skill that bamboozles both defenders, and at times himself. It's these type of footballers that make you enjoy going to the game, and that you want in your side. He, along with Martinez, was MOTM.

Our fans, as I have said previously in the 'where has the hardcore gone' thread was pretty woeful for songs. The club is hard to love at the moment, but still....It's a sad time to be in Y25 and Y26.

Anyhow compared to many other games, this was fairly enjoyable. If we play like this for the rest of the season we will get enough points to stay up. If we don't - well I am looking forward to Stanley away.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 20:12

Zip I think he’s heading for a very lengthy ban.

Fun game.

Will Mings be charged?

What will he be charged with?

If guilty how long will the ban be?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 20:14

Apparently Oliveira has had surgery. Presumably to his smashed up nose. I can’t see him being able to play for a couple of weeks.

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2019 20:18

Old Man Andrews
JR Really nasty injury - that will take some stitching up and healing time. Reckon he’ll miss the next 3 games unfortunately.

How have you come up with 3 games? Where does that number come from?

Two or three very nasty cuts there that will require plastics surgery. He probably had this today and they’ll want to give it a least week to heal.

So best case he’ll be back in training next Monday and you’d think he would need a mask to play football. Would be surprised if he gets thrown straight into the Blackburn midweek game, so maybe it’s the following Saturday if things go well and a 2 rather than 3 game break.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 20:18

Zip Apparently Oliveira has had surgery. Presumably to his smashed up nose. I can’t see him being able to play for a couple of weeks.

FFS. What is it with this season and injuries?

I’ve watched that clip again and frankly Mings should be banned. Absolutely no way he can say he couldn’t have got his foot out of the way.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 20:22

Old Man Andrews
Zip I think he’s heading for a very lengthy ban.

Fun game.

Will Mings be charged?

What will he be charged with?

If guilty how long will the ban be?

Yes
Violent Conduct ( I think he has a defence that he was careless or reckless rather than deliberately violent but I would expect the precedent of his previous offence to mean that defence is not accepted)
8 games (based on having served 5 for the same offence last time, but not taking into account any other disciplinary record)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2019 20:23

Be surprised if Oliveira is out for more than 2 games. Players often play with broken noses - not going to affect him that much. The other wounds will be sewn up and sore for a while but no more

Be back for the game on the 16th I reckon, prob in a mask

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 20:24

leon
Zip Apparently Oliveira has had surgery. Presumably to his smashed up nose. I can’t see him being able to play for a couple of weeks.

I’ve watched that clip again and frankly Mings should be banned. Absolutely no way he can say he couldn’t have got his foot out of the way.

It’s how I see it too particularly as he must have been wearing blades.In those circumstances you have to do everything possible to avoid your boot impacting against a face. That certainly wasn’t the case here. I’m sure the FA will look at this. It’s certainly being picked up by football fans up and down the country so this won’t be ignored.
This player has now done this twice and that is simply unacceptable.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2019 20:28

Yep, seeing a lot of coverage of it. Pretty sure it will be reviewed

Having previous is not going to help his cause

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Feb 2019 20:34

Hound
Be back for the game on the 16th I reckon, prob in a mask

How will we know it's him?

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 03 Feb 2019 20:36

I know football is a game that generates varied opinion but I do wonder about some of the posts on here.
1- Gomes is doing an excellent job in developing a team with skill, passion, pace and purpose.
2 - Clement was a nice bloke but a clueless manager of athletes; all language used in pre-Match and post match comments was about his own popularity as opposed to any demonstration of leadership. It showed his weakness.
We were heading down; not just the team but the management generally too.
3- Our owners showed leadership in dealing decisively with the situation and bringing in a top man who is taking great strides in moving us forward into the 21st century as a team and Nigel Howe is a superb CEO. We are a great Club.
4 - Past two home games against two very, very good Chamionship teams 4 points and two clean sheets.
5 - We will stay up and we will be a force next year because we have a manager with skill and vision; a coaching team who have the belief and skill to implement his ideas and owners who will back him and a CEO who is superb.
6 - we are where we are because of the past, not because of the present.
7 - what we build in the present will create our future.
8 - yesterday was a tense, exciting, closely fought game; the importance of the game added to the tension and we earned a well deserved point.
9 - Ejaria was awesome as was the whole back four and our keeper. rhinamota was a tower of strength; anyone who has played a good level of football and understands the game can see what he does and see what he brings to the team; Swift is a special player; he’s a risk taker and risk takers make mistakes sometimes but as with all ‘mavericks’ I can forget his clangers because when he produces; it’s special.
10 - FFS can we please start supporting our manager, our players and our team and stop whining about everything. (Not everyone, just those who do)
11 - Finally; apologies for rambling somewhat; Mings on Oliveira...
An appalling event; again, anyone who has played the game knows that what he did (stamping on OUR striker) was intended; because he could have chosen not to.
And in any event, under current rules, intention is irrelevant anyway; each player has a responsibility to control his own body and not (by failing to do so) endanger an opponent; hence the reason that sometimes even what may appear to be a fair tackle; can be penalised harshly if a trailing leg or arm etc., catches an opponent.
I am still very angry about Mings (who had been by far Villa’s best player until that moment)
The referee was poor; Hutton and Whelan could very easily have received another yellow; had the referee penalised their cynical ‘checks’ evertime they were caught out of position; knowing their lack of pace was exposed.
I hope Mings gets a lengthy suspension and most of all I hope Nelson recovers; he is a top player and will be vital for us; providing he stays fit.
End of monogue
URZ....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2019 20:39

It doesn't matter what I think about the stamp on Oliveira as I'll just be another voice but the Hunt Cech incident springs to mind.

We were almost unanimous in our defence of Hunt and Cheatski fans were almost unanimous in their complaints but someone here said something that made me pause and think: if it was the other way round what would we be saying? I know what I'd be saying.

Best wishes to Oliveira.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Feb 2019 20:43

Zip
leon

It’s how I see it too particularly as he must have been wearing blades.In those circumstances you have to do everything possible to avoid your boot impacting against a face. That certainly wasn’t the case here. I’m sure the FA will look at this. It’s certainly being picked up by football fans up and down the country so this won’t be ignored.

Why the hell haven't they banned blades yet? Not only are they a danger to other players but I'm also pretty sure they lead to a greater risk of twisted joint/messed up ligament type injuries to the players that wear them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Feb 2019 20:49

The Hunty thing was an in£play incident that was blown out of all proportion by the media purely because it was everybobies love child Chelsea involved and what was the “Premiers flavour of the seasons” , Jose M’s words being taken as gospel.

Never forgiven that man for his denigration of our teams integrity and our emergency services professional credentials ever since that day

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 21:01

AthleticoSpizz The Hunty thing was an in£play incident that was blown out of all proportion by the media purely because it was everybobies love child Chelsea involved and what was the “Premiers flavour of the seasons” , Jose M’s words being taken as gospel.

Never forgiven that man for his denigration of our teams integrity and our emergency services professional credentials ever since that day

This absolutely. He is an absolute cnut of a man who will lie and do anything to get ahead. I wish him only ill.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 21:03

RoyalBlue
Zip
leon

Why the hell haven't they banned blades yet? Not only are they a danger to other players but I'm also pretty sure they lead to a greater risk of twisted joint/messed up ligament type injuries to the players that wear them.

Yep agreed. No need for blades to be used.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 21:03

leon
AthleticoSpizz The Hunty thing was an in£play incident that was blown out of all proportion by the media purely because it was everybobies love child Chelsea involved and what was the “Premiers flavour of the seasons” , Jose M’s words being taken as gospel.

This absolutely. He is an absolute cnut of a man who will lie and do anything to get ahead. I wish him only ill.

Well said.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 21:04

leon

I wish you wouldn’t sit on the fence all of the time leon.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 21:08

Zip
RoyalBlue
Zip

Yep agreed. No need for blades to be used.

I've banned them from being used on club nights. I've seen two fairly serious injury incidents in a few years of coaching with kids getting sliced. Those things can end up scuffing up and becoming sharp. Hate them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 21:11

With regard to whether the referee refers to the incident in his report, I suspect he will be given some advice.
If the FA want to take action then it is quite possible the referee will be gently told that he obviously didn’t see the incident. As he took no action this would be entirely plausible, there are no awkward inconsistencies to explain.

424 posts