BFTG Villa

424 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Villa

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 21:13

Old Man Andrews
leon
AthleticoSpizz The Hunty thing was an in£play incident that was blown out of all proportion by the media purely because it was everybobies love child Chelsea involved and what was the “Premiers flavour of the seasons” , Jose M’s words being taken as gospel.

Never forgiven that man for his denigration of our teams integrity and our emergency services professional credentials ever since that day

This absolutely. He is an absolute cnut of a man who will lie and do anything to get ahead. I wish him only ill.

Well said.

Tips hat.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Feb 2019 21:40

The Green Programme 5 - We will stay up and we will be a force next year because we have a manager with skill and vision; a coaching team who have the belief and skill to implement his ideas and owners who will back him and a CEO who is superb.

Far too early to tell. The Championship is full of equally good management teams. Likewise owners whose clubs are in far better state financially.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2019 21:56

Lower West
The Green Programme 5 - We will stay up and we will be a force next year because we have a manager with skill and vision; a coaching team who have the belief and skill to implement his ideas and owners who will back him and a CEO who is superb.

Far too early to tell. The Championship is full of equally good management teams. Likewise owners whose clubs are in far better state financially.

It would be really fairy tail stuff if he's right.

Us in decline for not far off a decade. Gomes wanting and trying to get a gig in England for up to 25 years. Almost certain looking relegation candidates in the opening weeks and in the zone during January. Be one hell of a bounce... Gomes would deserve a knighthood if he keeps us up and gets us top 10 next year.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 22:35

Can we win a couple of games before Gomes is hailed as the messiah.

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2019 22:39

Just seen the Ming’s stamp for the first time and also reacquainted myself with the Zlatan incident.

Either he is thick as a plank (and his tweet today supports that theory) or he has animal instincts that means he wants to mame others badly when he gets the chance.

I’m 50:50 as to which - but regardless he needs at least the 5 match ban he got before. You can see the movement of his right leg is somewhat unnatural and there is no attempt to avoid/reduce the impact of the contact.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Feb 2019 22:41

Zip Can we win a couple of games before Gomes is hailed as the messiah.

No and if you even suggest it you are being overly negative. You are a disgrace.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 22:44

sandman
Zip Can we win a couple of games before Gomes is hailed as the messiah.

No and if you even suggest it you are being overly negative. You are a disgrace.

I think I should go. :(

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 04 Feb 2019 09:24

Old Man Andrews
Hound Like the Zlatan one it’s incredibly difficult to tell if there was any intention

I do think he could have at the very least made more of an effort not to land on his face like that though

It's very tough to say if it was deliberate or not, only Mings will know for sure. What I'd say is if Oliveira didn't have the horrific injury nobody would be giving it a second thought. Because it is a nasty wound it clouds the judgement of many into automatically thinking it's a deliberate act. Also if the roles were reversed we'd be defending Oliveira vehemently and calling it an accident so we have to take our supporter caps off for a minute and just wait and see what happens in terms of FA investigation, I believe they will look at it.

The on field referee gave nothing and called it an accident, his angle was bad though and probably didn't see the contact. Assistant referee who had a better angle also didn't deem it a violent conduct incident.

Everyone keeps watching it/Tweeting it in slow motion, everything looks worse in slow motion. Makes it look like Mings had way more time than he did to avoid Oliveira's head.

There was no previous incidents of conflict in the game. What was the motive for doing it?

Tyrone Mings has previous and this will come into play should there be an official FA charge. This is no different to his previous FA charge for stamping on Zlatan. If they wish to be consistent they will charge him.

In the video he appears to look down and see Oliveira is beneath him and he could possibly avoid contact. In his defence, Oliveira's right foot makes Mings break his natural stride meaning it would be harder to control where his legs/feet go.

just reading through all this now, thought it was definitely intentional even at the time. Tyrone Mings was very unhappy with Oli's dive in the box.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 09:27

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
Hound Like the Zlatan one it’s incredibly difficult to tell if there was any intention

I do think he could have at the very least made more of an effort not to land on his face like that though

It's very tough to say if it was deliberate or not, only Mings will know for sure. What I'd say is if Oliveira didn't have the horrific injury nobody would be giving it a second thought. Because it is a nasty wound it clouds the judgement of many into automatically thinking it's a deliberate act. Also if the roles were reversed we'd be defending Oliveira vehemently and calling it an accident so we have to take our supporter caps off for a minute and just wait and see what happens in terms of FA investigation, I believe they will look at it.

The on field referee gave nothing and called it an accident, his angle was bad though and probably didn't see the contact. Assistant referee who had a better angle also didn't deem it a violent conduct incident.

Everyone keeps watching it/Tweeting it in slow motion, everything looks worse in slow motion. Makes it look like Mings had way more time than he did to avoid Oliveira's head.

There was no previous incidents of conflict in the game. What was the motive for doing it?

Tyrone Mings has previous and this will come into play should there be an official FA charge. This is no different to his previous FA charge for stamping on Zlatan. If they wish to be consistent they will charge him.

In the video he appears to look down and see Oliveira is beneath him and he could possibly avoid contact. In his defence, Oliveira's right foot makes Mings break his natural stride meaning it would be harder to control where his legs/feet go.

just reading through all this now, thought it was definitely intentional even at the time. Tyrone Mings was very unhappy with Oli's dive in the box.

Good point actually, had forgotten about that. We now have a cause of the anger and a motive. Not looking great for Mr Mings.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2019 09:39

presuming it'll be announced today whether or not he'll be charged.

Not great for his career if he has 2 vicious stamps on his CV. Clearly has issues

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 04 Feb 2019 11:02

Are blades absolutely necessary? Didn't SAF ban them from Old Trafford? TM looks as guilty as hell to me, you take a tumble to avoid stamping, even horses can manage that shit!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2019 11:09

I think it often has to do with the culture of the team you were raised in. My rugby team was fairly dirty. Someone holding a ball in a ruck? Step on his hand. Someone goes too low trying to tackle you? Knee them in the face. Someone not moving out of the way of the ball in a ruck? Shout to the ref and demonstrate they are not rolling away by stamping on them.

I was a dirty player because my team was dirty growing up. It became so ingrained in me I didn't realise that I'm the exact person who would do what Mings did until this discussion blew up. Obviously I would have tried not to land on his face but I would have tried to step on something for sure.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Feb 2019 11:17

Exactly.

Most likely scenario is that Oliveira had just been booked for diving and they were having a bit of a tussle. Mings thought he'd leave a bit on him to try and get a reaction and maybe Oliveira would get a second yellow for retaliating.

I'm sure he didn't mean to do so much damage and once he saw the severity of what he'd done reality kicked in and he felt remorse.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 11:24

Hound presuming it'll be announced today whether or not he'll be charged.

Not great for his career if he has 2 vicious stamps on his CV. Clearly has issues

The FA normally release any retrospective action cases mid-afternoon, will be very interesting if they take action. Intriguing stuff.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 11:35

Hound Yep, seeing a lot of coverage of it. Pretty sure it will be reviewed

Having previous is not going to help his cause

cannot see how you can judge it without knowing his intent, which is impossible.
it looks iffy, and youd think he could have tried to avoid it more, but that's all a bit vague to be charging someone for
imo

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 11:38

Maneki Neko

cannot see how you can judge it without knowing his intent, which is impossible.
it looks iffy, and youd think he could have tried to avoid it more, but that's all a bit vague to be charging someone for
imo

It might be one of those where they ask him to explain himself, the FA do that quite a lot. They will then charge or not charge based on the info he provides.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Feb 2019 11:42

Maneki Neko

imo

If you believe a former ref his intent doesn't come into it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RefereeHalsey/status/1092066083622682624

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 11:44

2 world wars, 1 world cup
10539.4 Miles Away
2 world wars, 1 world cup What a great fighting display!

Ejaria was everywhere. And also nowhere. Weird one. But yeah seens an exciting player.

Harriot started out phenomenally good. Then ended up getting tired and shit.

Martinez. Wow. Sign him permanently please!

Overall brilliant but we just can't score.

Agreed with all this, especially the Ejaria bit :lol:

Haha yeah I couldn't work him out.

Forget to add Swift got tired and shit.

And Gomes bringing Richards on the left instead of Barrow. Quite possibly the weirdest sub decision I've seen. Barrow terrorises defences and would have been perfect. Wtf.

they had us under the cosh and he used the sub to settle us down defensively, which gave us the platform from which to get back into the game and enable us to get the ball, keep the ball and get the ball into attacking positions more. sometimes the best move offensively isn't to put more attackers on

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Feb 2019 11:46

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews

Good point actually, had forgotten about that. We now have a cause of the anger and a motive. Not looking great for Mr Mings.

Does ex-Ipswich player making contact with Norwich player add anything to the circumstantial evidence?
Norfolk Royal can possibly tell us if such clashes are deemed acceptable in the far east.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 11:49

sandman
Maneki Neko

imo

If you believe a former ref his intent doesn't come into it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RefereeHalsey/status/1092066083622682624

in which case its even harderto prove anything.
there was a coming together, he got a bit tangled up and fell over oliveira, and in a split second his foot came down on his face.
for me any charge would only be down to the seriousness of the injury rather than any certainty about mings doing him on purpose, which seems a bit off. for me.
hunt didn't mean to do it, but in real time and slow mo to anyone who isnt a one eyed reading supporter) it looked like he probably dropped his knee into Czechs head on purpose.

424 posts