BFTG Villa

424 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Villa

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 14:09

Snowflake Royal
sandman Can't believe anyone can see that as anything other than deliberate. The guilt may have hit him immediately afterwards once he saw the severity of what he'd done but he was looking down at Oliveira whilst he did it.

That's basically the same argument as the Hunt - Czech incident. It didn't wash then and it isn't conclusive now.

When you're stumbling and in a collision you look down. It doesn't mean you can change where you put your feet (or knee) in an instant.

You can lean one way or the other of course, its ambiguous, but anyone who tells you it's definitely deliberate or definitely accidental isn't someone whose judgement you want to rely on.

Two different situations.

Mings could have avoided contact. Was it deliberate? Who knows, was it dangerous, yes very.

Tredding on heads is the most dangerous thing you can do he should have done anything to avoid it. He didn’t.
Last edited by leon on 03 Feb 2019 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2019 14:15

Hound
Snowflake Royal
sandman Can't believe anyone can see that as anything other than deliberate. The guilt may have hit him immediately afterwards once he saw the severity of what he'd done but he was looking down at Oliveira whilst he did it.

That's basically the same argument as the Hunt - Czech incident. It didn't wash then and it isn't conclusive now.

When you're stumbling and in a collision you look down. It doesn't mean you can change where you put your feet (or knee) in an instant.

You can lean one way or the other of course, its ambiguous, but anyone who tells you it's definitely deliberate or definitely accidental isn't someone whose judgement you want to rely on.

On balance after watching it any number of times, I’m about 80% certain he purposefully did do the stamp. There something unnatural about how he has bent his knee and kind of drags his leg behind him. Strikes and absolute dead hit as well

Obvs only he knows, and doubt the FA will punish him though

I was pretty sure it was accidental the first few times I saw it. Someone posted an interesting take from a phsiological side (OMA) which was interesting. The more I see it, and knowing it's not the first time, the more I'm leaning deliberate rather than accidental.

I work in balance of probability for enforcing regulation breaches all the time at work, and I just don't think there's enough to fairly say it was deliberate and issue a sanction.

The FA's process has never seemed very robust though so who knows.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 14:30

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal That's basically the same argument as the Hunt - Czech incident. It didn't wash then and it isn't conclusive now.

On balance after watching it any number of times, I’m about 80% certain he purposefully did do the stamp. There something unnatural about how he has bent his knee and kind of drags his leg behind him. Strikes and absolute dead hit as well

I was pretty sure it was accidental the first few times I saw it. Someone posted an interesting take from a phsiological side (OMA) which was interesting. The more I see it, and knowing it's not the first time, the more I'm leaning deliberate rather than accidental.

I work in balance of probability for enforcing regulation breaches all the time at work, and I just don't think there's enough to fairly say it was deliberate and issue a sanction.

Watch it again and keep a close eye on Mings left leg. That's enough for me, he had hopped once, he could have hopped again or thrown himself forward to keep his boot out of Oliviera's face. He doesn't even attempt to lessen the contact with his right leg, it looks like he straightens it. I believe he 100% meant to make contact but clearly not to injure so badly.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2019 14:30

Liam Cooper got 6 matches for this, yesterday was worse IMO. if you did that on a Saturday night you would be banged up.

https://twitter.com/i/status/848523734713597952

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 14:37

10539.4 Miles Away
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Watch it again and keep a close eye on Mings left leg. That's enough for me, he had hopped once, he could have hopped again or thrown himself forward to keep his boot out of Oliviera's face. He doesn't even attempt to lessen the contact with his right leg, it looks like he straightens it. I believe he 100% meant to make contact but clearly not to injure so badly.

Keep a close eye on Oliveira's leg making contact and changing Mings stride pattern. Not saying he did or didn't mean to do it just pointing out there are other factors nobody is taking into consideration.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 14:38

Hound
Snowflake Royal

On balance after watching it any number of times, I’m about 80% certain he purposefully did do the stamp. There something unnatural about how he has bent his knee and kind of drags his leg behind him. Strikes an absolute dead hit as well

He could have totally avoided contact with Oliverira’s face. He should have seen red. I hope he receives a very long ban.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 14:39

windermereROYAL Liam Cooper got 6 matches for this, yesterday was worse IMO. if you did that on a Saturday night you would be banged up.

Cooper put real force into that, but of course this would be Ming’s second offence.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2019 14:41

Nameless
windermereROYAL Liam Cooper got 6 matches for this, yesterday was worse IMO. if you did that on a Saturday night you would be banged up.

Cooper put real force into that, but of course this would be Ming’s second offence.

One thing is certain, if this happened in a high profile game the media would be all over it. remains to be seen if the FA turn a blind eye.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 14:44

Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away
Snowflake Royal I was pretty sure it was accidental the first few times I saw it. Someone posted an interesting take from a phsiological side (OMA) which was interesting. The more I see it, and knowing it's not the first time, the more I'm leaning deliberate rather than accidental.

Keep a close eye on Oliveira's leg making contact and changing Mings stride pattern. Not saying he did or didn't mean to do it just pointing out there are other factors nobody is taking into consideration.

These factors don’t explain the lack of any attempt by Mings to avoid Oliviera.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 14:44

The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying. Because it happened to our player it instantly means the opposition player is guilty, nothing else is taken into consideration. He may have meant it he may not have, let nature take its course here. If the FA look at it and find Mings guilty then go nuts, abuse the guy all you like but he's currently guilty of nothing. There is a knee jerk reaction to how severe the injury is which is of course human nature but at some point logical thinking has to come into play.

Do me and the whole country a favour, do all you can to get out of jury service if any of you ever get selected. You'd be horrible at it.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 03 Feb 2019 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 14:46

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away

How do you know he didn't try to? You're assuming. Prove he did it on purpose.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 14:49

Old Man Andrews The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying. Because it happened to our player it instantly means the opposition player is guilty, nothing else is taken into consideration. He may have meant it he may not have, let nature take its course here. If the FA look at it and find Mings guilty then go nuts, abuse the guy all you like but he's currently guilty of nothing. There is a knee jerk reaction to how severe the injury is which is of course human nature but at some point logical thinking has to come into play.

Do me and the while country a favour. Do all you can to get out of jury service if any of you ever get selected. You'd be horrible at it.

To be honest that is just as stupid a reaction.
By no means everyone has said Ming’s acted intentionally, there have been a variety of views and many are just as ‘objective’ as yours.
I’d hate to be facing a jury on which you were sat , imagine 11 people sitting there while you go on and on about how you are the absolute expert on whatever the crime happened to be and anyone who disagrees is clearly mentally defective

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 14:50

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

How do you know he didn't try to? You're assuming. Prove he did it on purpose.

Watch the footage.
I don't Need to prove he did it on purpose because I don’t think he did.

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2019 14:54

Scutterbucketz I know I love Reading. Despite having not been to the Madjetski for a few years. And having to endure accusations from Arsenal prick fans that I’m a fair weather fan. I’ve done my time in the trenches.

But today reminded why I don’t go anymore. It was just shit. From kick off to finding out the town buses no longer depart from where they used to, the whole game was a huge inconvenience I’d have been happier to see the final score on tv come in on.

I’m sure I’m Reading til I die, but death seems likely a more preferable option than sitting through that shit again.

So you think moving from a smelly cold bus station to a location closer to the station exit and perfectly located outside The Greyfriar is a bad thing?!

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2019 15:00

Really nasty injury - that will take some stitching up and healing time. Reckon he’ll miss the next 3 games unfortunately.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:03

JR Really nasty injury - that will take some stitching up and healing time. Reckon he’ll miss the next 3 games unfortunately.

How have you come up with 3 games? Where does that number come from?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2019 15:09

What a great fighting display!

The whole team passing it around finding space fighting for the ball like I haven't seen in a long time.

This is the first ever I'll say Blackett was immense and it feels wrong to even type that.

Swift got really bad when tired. Surprising to me.

Aluko seems to be edging towards his old self.

Ejaria was everywhere. And also nowhere. Weird one. But yeah seens an exciting player.

Harriot started out phenomenally good. Then ended up getting tired and shit.

Yiadom brilliant.

Martinez. Wow. Sign him permanently please!

Overall brilliant but we just can't score.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Feb 2019 15:09

JR
Scutterbucketz I know I love Reading. Despite having not been to the Madjetski for a few years. And having to endure accusations from Arsenal prick fans that I’m a fair weather fan. I’ve done my time in the trenches.

But today reminded why I don’t go anymore. It was just shit. From kick off to finding out the town buses no longer depart from where they used to, the whole game was a huge inconvenience I’d have been happier to see the final score on tv come in on.

I’m sure I’m Reading til I die, but death seems likely a more preferable option than sitting through that shit again.

So you think moving from a smelly cold bus station to a location closer to the station exit and perfectly located outside The Greyfriar is a bad thing?!

No, I meant the buses that take you back to town after the game. They used to be lined up by the side of the road on the way down to the A33.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 15:10

How ironic that in the comments of that tweet they are discussing whether it worse than Mings. Mings last one that is, not this one.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 15:17

Old Man Andrews The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying. Because it happened to our player it instantly means the opposition player is guilty, nothing else is taken into consideration. He may have meant it he may not have, let nature take its course here. If the FA look at it and find Mings guilty then go nuts, abuse the guy all you like but he's currently guilty of nothing. There is a knee jerk reaction to how severe the injury is which is of course human nature but at some point logical thinking has to come into play.

Do me and the whole country a favour, do all you can to get out of jury service if any of you ever get selected. You'd be horrible at it.

Pull your head in. If you're not Kes you're doing a damn fine job of impersonating him. Try looking at some of the responses to the incident away from Villa and Reading fans and you'll see the consensus is predominantly that it was deliberate. Of course he could have avoided contact, if not then he shouldn't be a professional athlete.

And yes, he actually gets his right boot laces caught on Oliviera's boot. Does that explain the way his left leg moves? Like hell it does, it would have been more natural to hop on his left again. But I guess I'm blinkered and therefore not allowed this opinion.

424 posts