BFTG Villa

424 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Villa

by Zip » 02 Feb 2019 20:48

El Diablo Decent all round, without looking too menacing. Defending has improved massively, and confidence is back.
Credit to jose, in a short space of time we've turned a corner. 2 months ago villa would've won that easily.

I don’t understand this corner we have turned. We remain in the relegation zone and find it almost impossible to win a game. We have won once in the past three months...obvs Gomes has only been here for half of that time but only one win for him against a team that had two players sent off doesn’t equate to a corner turned.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Feb 2019 20:48

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews
My extensive qualifications and experience in the subject enjoy it to. Notice everyone laughs at your footballing opinions Ian? Doesn't that tell you something? You're just a big joke here.

What I’m enjoying, is the mangling of the English language and grammar you two clowns are dishing up whilst attempting to land blows on each other, like piss addled tramps fighting over a dead pigeon.

Shut up you boring nob.

How was the spelling and grammar there?

I’d have put a comma after the up in order to emphasise both the initial comment and the insult afterwards.

biff

by biff » 02 Feb 2019 20:49

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews
My extensive qualifications and experience in the subject enjoy it to. Notice everyone laughs at your footballing opinions Ian? Doesn't that tell you something? You're just a big joke here.

What I’m enjoying, is the mangling of the English language and grammar you two clowns are dishing up whilst attempting to land blows on each other, like piss addled tramps fighting over a dead pigeon.

Shut up you boring nob.

*knob

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Feb 2019 20:49

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon

Shut up you boring nob.

I’d have put a comma after the up in order to emphasise both the initial comment and the insult afterwards.

:D :D c*nt.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Feb 2019 20:51

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews
Shut up you boring nob.

:D :D c*nt.

Well quite.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Feb 2019 20:54

Zip
El Diablo Decent all round, without looking too menacing. Defending has improved massively, and confidence is back.
Credit to jose, in a short space of time we've turned a corner. 2 months ago villa would've won that easily.

I don’t understand this corner we have turned. We remain in the relegation zone and find it almost impossible to win a game. We have won once in the past three months...obvs Gomes has only been here for half of that time but only one win for him against a team that had two players sent off doesn’t equate to a corner turned.

We were in control of the game against Forest and were already winning before the first red card. I see your point though but what I would say is that we were losing games before because we were conceding too many opportunities and goals. Now we are conceding less and if we can just get our attacking play sorted out we will be fine and if we keep more clean sheets, we're guaranteed to come away from games with at least a point.

I think it's a far better position to be in rather than with Clement hoping we outscore enough of our opponents to stay up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Feb 2019 20:57

John Madejski's Wallet Not convinced by the keeper at all. Nearly cost us a fee times today

Velocisquid

by Velocisquid » 02 Feb 2019 21:02

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Feb 2019 21:02

Zip

It's OK, people are trying to justify Clement being incorrectly sacked, because 1 win in 10 is a pretty good record. I mean after all watching Martinez pass to Swift or Rino who then run into trouble because the front 4 don't move (excluding Oliveira in the first half) is great entertainment

Had high hopes for Gomes after QPR but I just can't see it

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Feb 2019 21:04

Velocisquid https://m.imgur.com/a/g8sV3sY :o

Ouchie! :shock:

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 02 Feb 2019 21:12

leon
Scutterbucketz I know I love Reading. Despite having not been to the Madjetski for a few years. And having to endure accusations from Arsenal prick fans that I’m a fair weather fan. I’ve done my time in the trenches.

But today reminded why I don’t go anymore. It was just shit. From kick off to finding out the town buses no longer depart from where they used to, the whole game was a huge inconvenience I’d have been happier to see the final score on tv come in on.

I’m sure I’m Reading til I die, but death seems likely a more preferable option than sitting through that shit again.

Ah mate if only you’d been in the ED stand. It was epic.

I was kind of hoping you’d see me in Y19 dressed all in black, taking up 3 seats and looking thoroughly fukkkng put out.

I do t know if they played well compared with previous weeks. All I know is I was critically bored. Maybe this is all on me? Some part of me might have died.

Possibly my boredom threshold as a direct result of the huge rise of internet culture? ; Whenever I’m bored usually I whip out my phone and start watching cat videos. Not an option in Y19.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Feb 2019 21:26

Scutterbucketz
leon
Scutterbucketz I know I love Reading. Despite having not been to the Madjetski for a few years. And having to endure accusations from Arsenal prick fans that I’m a fair weather fan. I’ve done my time in the trenches.

But today reminded why I don’t go anymore. It was just shit. From kick off to finding out the town buses no longer depart from where they used to, the whole game was a huge inconvenience I’d have been happier to see the final score on tv come in on.

I’m sure I’m Reading til I die, but death seems likely a more preferable option than sitting through that shit again.

Ah mate if only you’d been in the ED stand. It was epic.

I was kind of hoping you’d see me in Y19 dressed all in black, taking up 3 seats and looking thoroughly fukkkng put out.

I do t know if they played well compared with previous weeks. All I know is I was critically bored. Maybe this is all on me? Some part of me might have died.

Possibly my boredom threshold as a direct result of the huge rise of internet culture? ; Whenever I’m bored usually I whip out my phone and start watching cat videos. Not an option in Y19.

I think all the excitement of the snow tired you out and you just couldn't get yourself up for the game. It was one of the all time great 0-0 draws.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 02 Feb 2019 21:29

Singing Defective

Um, last August we drew with a Baldock 93 minute pen. Lovely day out then and all that, but did we look likely to do that today?

Villa sacked Bruce in October after one win in nine , since then they've massively improved and been banging in goals for fun. We would've lost that under Clement, no doubt. Defensively , we're much better.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 02 Feb 2019 21:29

Singing Defective

Um, last August we drew with a Baldock 93 minute pen. Lovely day out then and all that, but did we look likely to do that today?

Villa sacked Bruce in October after one win in nine , since then they've massively improved and been banging in goals for fun. We would've lost that under Clement, no doubt. Defensively , we're much better.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2019 21:38

Lower West
John Madejski's Wallet Can we all just :shock: :shock: at Swift's lack of fitness. 10 minutes to go and he was falling over with tiredness. Just wtaf

If the entire team was match fit. Perhaps would be better for him. Did cover a lot of ground.

I like you JMW, but you don’t have come up with some nonsense sometimes

Swift didn’t stop running all game and would be very surprised if he didn’t cover the most ground of any of our players today. He has no fitness issues at all

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Feb 2019 21:39

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Feb 2019 21:43

Pepe the Horseman

As bad as it looks it was just an unfortunate accident imo.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 02 Feb 2019 21:48

Pepe the Horseman

It didn't look to nasty in real time, but after viewing the video replay and this pic, then i think the FA may well take some action against the Villa player?
Hopefully after some stitches and the swelling goes down he may be good to go for the weekend? but i'm no doctor lol.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2019 21:49

Pepe the Horseman

Bloodyhell that looks painful!!

Broken nose and stitches?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Feb 2019 21:52

Zip

Yeah I'm not convinced we've turned a corner, and I'm not sure Gomes thinks so either. We're very much a work in progress and so much hard work remains. For starters we need to get our fk's on target instead of sending them several feet over the bar each week. Have seen that from Swift for some time now, and Baker did the same today.

Also peeved that Rovrum got a point today that I didn't think they would. Millwall are no great shakes but it's a tough place to go.

424 posts