Sone Aluko to China!

233 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Sone Aluko to China!

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2019 15:49

He may be better suited to the way we play now.
They could loan him back to us whilst picking up his wages in China
Everyone wins that way....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2019 15:59

Please God, no.

If there was one thing that would kill the new optimism in a flash :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2019 17:49

Nameless He may be better suited to the way we play now.

Apart from any of us who have to watch him in a Reading shirt again. God no.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Aug 2019 17:53

Snowflake Royal

If we were playing a 4-2-3-1, for sure I’d like to see him return in the right attacking midfield role. In that formation, the fullbacks carry out the role on the flanks and it gives Aluko more of a free roam position. It was the 4-3-3 where he was the problem because in that formation, the wingers need to actually play as wingers which he wasn’t

But if we are to maintain the 5-3-2 or the 3-5-2 I don’t see a place for him anyway. Possibly to play as one of the 3 midfielders chasing the game but I wouldn’t be convinced

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Aug 2019 22:15

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

If we were playing a 4-2-3-1, for sure I’d like to see him return in the right attacking midfield role. In that formation, the fullbacks carry out the role on the flanks and it gives Aluko more of a free roam position. It was the 4-3-3 where he was the problem because in that formation, the wingers need to actually play as wingers which he wasn’t

But if we are to maintain the 5-3-2 or the 3-5-2 I don’t see a place for him anyway. Possibly to play as one of the 3 midfielders chasing the game but I wouldn’t be convinced

Well he can’t pass the ball, shoot accurately or tackle/put a shift in, so no, I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Aug 2019 22:48

leon
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Apart from any of us who have to watch him in a Reading shirt again. God no.

Well he can’t pass the ball, shoot accurately or tackle/put a shift in, so no, I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

Yet many (including you and I) have criticised Swift in the past for example for “not putting a shift in” who has flourished so far this season

It’s all about matching the player to the right environment. Players not performing in an environment not suited to them doesn’t make them a bad player. We saw signs in the couple of months with Aluko and Gomes that there was potential there

Don’t expect him to play for us again but he could be an option if we do ever return to the 4-2-3-1

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Aug 2019 23:31

URZZZZ
leon
URZZZZ

Yet many (including you and I) have criticised Swift in the past for example for “not putting a shift in” who has flourished so far this season

It’s all about matching the player to the right environment. Players not performing in an environment not suited to them doesn’t make them a bad player. We saw signs in the couple of months with Aluko and Gomes that there was potential there

Don’t expect him to play for us again but he could be an option if we do ever return to the 4-2-3-1

Well Swift can (on occasion) do the other 2 things.

Aluko does none of them. Hence my post.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 27 Aug 2019 04:15

Absolutely add my +1 to the no fcking thank you list.

Sone Aluko is about as far from what this team needs as is possible.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 13:16

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Are you sure? Even if we wanted some litter picking carried out in the car park and he agreed to do it, the club would find someone else.

RFC needs the most expensive waste of space in it's history like I need a hole in the head.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Aug 2019 13:19

Woodcote Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Apart from any of us who have to watch him in a Reading shirt again. God no.

Are you sure? Even if we wanted some litter picking carried out in the car park and he agreed to do it, the club would find someone else.

RFC needs the most expensive waste of space in it's history like I need a hole in the head.

That's just asking for trouble

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 13:24

Woodcote Royal
URZZZZ

Just having him anywhere near the club would bring back the depressing memories of Gourlay/Stam/Clement. Very much doubt he'll step foot in Reading again

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Aug 2019 15:40

Couldn't we convert his contract to Academy coach so it's written off against FFP and then tell him the academy has moved back to Bradfield College.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 16:11

hmm slightly worryingly, this chat of Sone had me check Soccerway. Noticed he is no longer in the Renhe squad (after not playing for ages). Transfermarkt also has him back with us and not Renhe

Maybe he'll make a surprise appearance at Plymouth for us after all :cry:

Ranger_762

by Ranger_762 » 27 Aug 2019 16:50

leon Well he can’t pass the ball, shoot accurately or tackle/put a shift in, so no, I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

True enough, looks like the Chinese aren't nowhere near becoming a big football nation if that's the kind of playrs they hire to develop the sport at home :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2019 17:14

Hound hmm slightly worryingly, this chat of Sone had me check Soccerway. Noticed he is no longer in the Renhe squad (after not playing for ages). Transfermarkt also has him back with us and not Renhe

Bollocks. And if that's the case there's a whole load of extra expense we have to manage.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Aug 2019 17:17

Snowflake Royal
Hound hmm slightly worryingly, this chat of Sone had me check Soccerway. Noticed he is no longer in the Renhe squad (after not playing for ages). Transfermarkt also has him back with us and not Renhe

Bollocks. And if that's the case there's a whole load of extra expense we have to manage.

Yeah, he doesn't have a shirt number and hasn't been registered in the squad so can't see it happening at all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 17:17

Indeed - obvs we won’t see him here anytime soon in reality, but looks like there is only about 7 games of the Chinese season to go even if he is still there. At which point, he is back with us officially unless a new loan is sorted

And Renhe are going down almost certainly which doesn’t help the chances of an extension etc

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Aug 2019 17:20

If Aluko comes back does Adam get promoted from scapegoat?

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 27 Aug 2019 18:19

Snowball If Aluko comes back does Adam get promoted from scapegoat?

That’s the good news. The bad news is the four riders of the apocalypse on pitch, holding up play, as if waiting for something. Just ask the goalie.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2019 18:51

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

Yeah, he doesn't have a shirt number and hasn't been registered in the squad so can't see it happening at all.

Registered in the squad ? Is this a new thing ? I think PL teams have to do it and you do it for Euro’s completions but in the EFL a player is registered to a club and anyone registered is eligible. Aluko is our player and if his loan expires he reverts to us., I did think his loan was to the end of the year though....

233 posts