MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

298 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2019 22:06

Zip
Nameless I’d be tempted to let Moore miss this game and be fit for Saturday which is a much more realistic game to take points from.
Tom Holmes would be a more than adequate replacement.

Holmes struggled on debut last season. I would have preferred Osho ahead of other centre back options but he’s out on loan. Is McIntyre fit? If not I would start with McShane who I think will get the nod anyway.

Don’t think Holmes struggled, considering he was marking ALF he did pretty well but the suggestion was tongue in cheek. McIntyre isn’t fit yet so isn’t an option and in any case I’d go for McShane just for his experience. Osho/ McIntyre/ Holmes will get games next season

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Mar 2019 22:26

URZZZZ
Zip
Nameless I’d be tempted to let Moore miss this game and be fit for Saturday which is a much more realistic game to take points from.
Tom Holmes would be a more than adequate replacement.

Holmes struggled on debut last season. I would have preferred Osho ahead of other centre back options but he’s out on loan. Is McIntyre fit? If not I would start with McShane who I think will get the nod anyway.

Yah, it was the usual rate a player higher than what he should be because it’s his debut and he’s from the academy. Didn’t see McIntyre so can’t comment, osho looked ok but Holmes wasn’t great. Could possibly put yiadom cb and Gunter in at rb if he doesn’t trust McShane/oshea but that’s tinkering too much for my liking

Yep. ALF gave Holmes the runaround. He looked a little slow although was very good in the air. He was playing in a very poor team in dreadful form that night though which would not have helped.
McShane is likely to start. He will be keen to impress.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Mar 2019 22:30

I would move Blackett to CB and put Gunter at LB.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Mar 2019 22:35

windermereROYAL I would move Blackett to CB and put Gunter at LB.

Didn't think about that, good shout, be a kick in the nuts for McShane though. I'd probably rather Richards as LB for balance rather than Gunter but I don't mind Gunter so I wouldn't mind either way

mot

by mot » 10 Mar 2019 23:19

Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Mar 2019 23:40

mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

I'd rather be one of the "most dullest" supporters than be a thick uneducated knob like you

I suppose living in Leeds, the only interest you can have is football considering the dump you live in and the fact there's nothing else to do

mot

by mot » 10 Mar 2019 23:42

URZZZZ
mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

I'd rather be one of the "most dullest" supporters than be a thick uneducated knob like you

I suppose living in Leeds, the only interest you can have is football considering the dump you live in and the fact there's nothing else to do

erm.......Rhinos?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Mar 2019 00:14

Does it hurt that we have had 3 seasons in the Premier League since you were relegated? Or will it hurt more when Loleeds bottle promotion for the umpteenth time.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 11 Mar 2019 00:34

Results have been more promising and Gomes and the recruitment needs praise but I fear that we will be punished by better sides who play with a lot more confidence.

Thanks to the Ipswich result, we don’t need a result here but a point would be another blow to our rivals. I feel that even with the above, the injury list will start to bite soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2019 00:35

windermereROYAL I would move Blackett to CB and put Gunter at LB.

Its certainly better than see McShane play again.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2019 02:08

is most dullest even duller than dullest?

(asking for a friend)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Mar 2019 08:00

Thanks for your opinion. We really don’t care.
I see the predictions are Norwich and Sheffield Utd to get auto. The world will enjoy the Leeds tears in the playoffs.
As for the away end, you get the full allocation. The split has always been flexible and on Saturday the home section was nearly full.
I doubt Leeds simply hand over as many tickets as visiting teams demand. There won’t be 2000 Leeds fans in the home stands.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 11 Mar 2019 08:00

Wigan, Hull or Rotheham’s grounds any better? Not much in it surely

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 08:08

Lets sit back and defend for as long as we can, try and get out of there with a draw. Unlikely but we aren't going to get anything other than extreme pain if we attack them.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Mar 2019 09:03

mot
URZZZZ

erm.......Rhinos?

:lol: oxf*rd hell, you're bringing rugby league up, must be a proper boring shit hole if you have to go to that for entertainment.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 09:06

Why would anyone want 4000 Leeds supporters anywhere near them though?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Mar 2019 09:07

Former Champions League semi finalists obsessed by the playing style, atmosphere and attendance of Reading FC.

How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Mar 2019 09:16

Old Man Andrews Lets sit back and defend for as long as we can, try and get out of there with a draw. Unlikely but we aren't going to get anything other than extreme pain if we attack them.

Something like this.

Thought we gave them a game last time out (soft goal and a missed pen, could have stolen a draw).

Was chatting with JMW and I think a lot of our survival hopes are pinned on midtable teams starting to go on holiday about now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 09:18

I'd also like to see us shithouse them a bit, wind them up early. They have a couple of real hot heads in their side.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Mar 2019 09:23

Old Man Andrews I'd also like to see us shithouse them a bit, wind them up early. They have a couple of real hot heads in their side.

This.
TBH we have been pretty naive and too nice which in this league, you get walked over or as we have seen many times this season the ref not dealing with opposition properly.

298 posts