MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

298 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by Zip » 11 Mar 2019 21:20

mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

Well don’t oxf*rd come then.

Rax

by Rax » 11 Mar 2019 21:47

mot
URZZZZ
mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

I'd rather be one of the "most dullest" supporters than be a thick uneducated knob like you

I suppose living in Leeds, the only interest you can have is football considering the dump you live in and the fact there's nothing else to do

erm.......Rhinos?

Nah, he's injured m8!

mot

by mot » 11 Mar 2019 22:07

Cape Town Royal Am checking in on this thread so have not read the posts as yet.

But, just wondered if we have had our seasonal seasonal greeting from that Ascot (or somewhere close to there) twat southern based Leeds fan yet telling us that they are the true Champions of Europe (though never have been) are a bigger club than Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid combined and that Leeds is such a lovely place to visit, its a wonder we all book Greece for 2 weeks for our summer holidays...

He does make me smile, if they do get up this year (only taken the kings of Europe about 17 years to do that), I will miss his annual message)... .

Hello (waves furiously)

mot

by mot » 11 Mar 2019 22:09

Cape Town Royal
sandman Former Champions League semi finalists obsessed by the playing style, atmosphere and attendance of Reading FC.

How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Even when they were mighty, they kept screwing it up..

In that period of the late 60's and early 70's when they did have a very good side they kept blowing it.. FA Cup Finals, The European Cup Final against Bayern and how many times did they screw up the league and only finish 2nd? 4 maybe 5 times...

I guess if they lose tomorrow night their fans will be walking over the bonnets of peoples cars again in that way that makes them the most loved club in the country...

Thought we had agreed that this was a made up story last season??

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Mar 2019 23:16

No idea who's fit but would go with:

Martinez

Yiadom
McShane
Miazga
Blackett

Baker
Kelly (Swift if not fit/available/alive)

McCleary
Swift (Loader if Swift drops back)
Barrow

Meite

Walker, Gunter, Richards, O'Shea, East, Harriott, Loader

Options are severely limited, that bench looks awful if we need gamechangers

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 07:44

URZZZZ No idea who's fit but would go with:

Martinez

Yiadom
McShane
Miazga
Blackett

Baker

McCleary
Barrow

Meite

Another game another Urzzz putting Liam Kelly in his starting line up..... It is like clockwork.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2019 07:55

Another game where hes right to do so if hes fit.

If not, then East for me.

And Blackett at CB over Captain Penalty, with Gunts at FB please.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 08:04

Snowflake Royal Another game where hes right to do so if hes fit.

No he isn't. Liam Kelly isn't good enough Ian, never will be. Your obsession with him blinds you to that fact.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Mar 2019 08:26

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG
NewCorkSeth 'Greed.

Reading 3-0 Hull - Yiadom played left back and scored
Reading 2-2 Nottingham Forest - Yiadom switched to left back and forced an own goal

Also have a feeling there was a match where he played left back and set up Baldock for a couple of chances that he missed but I can't remember who we were playing.

Overall this season he's scored once and set up four goals. Of those, at least two of the assists came when he was playing left back despite him spending much more time at right back.

RB - 3 assists
LB - 1 assist and 1 goal.

Not that you can draw conclusions from that. I think he's been better at RB and has been our most consistent player this season. Imo he would have been even better had he not been moved around a bunch.

Those statistics are based on where he started the match, not where he was playing when he actually got the assist. For example, his assist against Forest is chalked up for "right back" even though he was playing left back at the time.

Tbf my initial phrasing of "most of his best performances" is probably wrong because he's spent so much more time at right back. But I would maintain that he's been just as good at left back, arguably even slightly better.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Mar 2019 08:39

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth
SCIAG Reading 3-0 Hull - Yiadom played left back and scored
Reading 2-2 Nottingham Forest - Yiadom switched to left back and forced an own goal

Also have a feeling there was a match where he played left back and set up Baldock for a couple of chances that he missed but I can't remember who we were playing.

Overall this season he's scored once and set up four goals. Of those, at least two of the assists came when he was playing left back despite him spending much more time at right back.

RB - 3 assists
LB - 1 assist and 1 goal.

Not that you can draw conclusions from that. I think he's been better at RB and has been our most consistent player this season. Imo he would have been even better had he not been moved around a bunch.

Those statistics are based on where he started the match, not where he was playing when he actually got the assist. For example, his assist against Forest is chalked up for "right back" even though he was playing left back at the time.

Tbf my initial phrasing of "most of his best performances" is probably wrong because he's spent so much more time at right back. But I would maintain that he's been just as good at left back, arguably even slightly better.

Ah fair enough. Apart from our January loan signings Yiadom, for me, has been our best player. I would prefer him to play on his stronger side as much as possible.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Mar 2019 10:01

Old Man Andrews

Martinez

Yiadom
McShane
Miazga
Blackett

Baker

McCleary
Barrow

Meite

Another game another Urzzz putting Liam Kelly in his starting line up..... It is like clockwork.

tbf, if no Ejaria, I'd also have Kelly start. God knows where he actually is though. Obvs wouldn't pick him if he's injured

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 10:02

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Martinez

Yiadom
McShane
Miazga
Blackett

Baker

McCleary
Barrow

Meite

tbf, if no Ejaria, I'd also have Kelly start. God knows where he actually is though. Obvs wouldn't pick him if he's injured

No you have an U23 CDM come in. You simply cannot have Liam Kelly playing against that Leeds midfield. We would be better off starting with 10 men rather than Kelly playing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Mar 2019 10:05

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews

No you have an U23 CDM come in. You simply cannot have Liam Kelly playing against that Leeds midfield. We would be better off starting with 10 men rather than Kelly playing.

But that player is currently injured....
You really suggest throwing a player in for his debut in adult football makes sense ? Especially when he’s hardly a tough tackling ball winner himself ?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Mar 2019 10:08

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews

Kelly played well at Elland Road so that’s nonsense. If you can’t even admit he had a good game then, there’s no hope of trying to even reason with you

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 10:09

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Hound

But that player is currently injured....
You really suggest throwing a player in for his debut in adult football makes sense ? Especially when he’s hardly a tough tackling ball winner himself ?

Yes because we have nothing to lose against Leeds, it is a free hit. We are expected to lose and can play with no pressure after the vital win at the weekend. Our season will not be defined by a game against Leeds United.

I am pretty sure the under 23's have more than one player that can play as a CDM. Rinomhota, who I assume you are referring to isn't a Reading U23 player btw. Keep up.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 10:11

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Kelly played well at Elland Road so that’s nonsense. If you can’t even admit he had a good game then, there’s no hope of trying to even reason with you

He didn't play well. He was average at best in a night where Leeds were way off the pace.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Mar 2019 10:17

Snowflake Royal Another game where hes right to do so if hes fit.

I personally wouldn’t swap Blackett back to CB - he’s showing a good level of consistency since January apart from one or two poor displays

I know you don’t like mcshane but I do think consistency in positions and structure is key, I don’t think moving Blackett from LB to CB back to LB will do him any good in all honesty

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Mar 2019 10:20

much as I'd absolutely hate to see him play normally, I think McShane is a better option than Gunter. Gunter has been useless this year and little better than McShane. And would mean playing someone out of position.

Just hope Moore is either fit or back very soon.

A starting line up with McShane and Kelly is a depressing thought tbh, but thats prob the way to go

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Mar 2019 10:28

Theoretically if we had to promote a CM or DM to the first team who is first in line?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Mar 2019 10:48

John Smith Leeds lost 1-0 at QPR last week, they're probably about as good as we are right now. I'd say we're easily capable of winning this but I am fully expecting a point at least.

I hope, like you, it is the Leeds of the QPR game-you have forgotten Leeds' win since then at play-off hopefuls Bristol City on Saturday where they won 1-0 and had 16 shots (to 4 for Bristol).
The other stat that might be significant is that they had 4 bookings.

I believe our best chance is for our wingers to get at hothead Alioski ,who is a winger playing at left-back,and not just stand off and let Leeds come at us.
West Brom did that the other day and were smashed 4-0.

I hope the manager doesn't do any more square pegs in round holes and plays a centre-back in Moore's position if he is unfit.
Also I hope that he doesn't play young Loader in midfield-he looks lost there and at the moment is not physically strong enough.

Regular posters will know that I am one of those that doesn't want to see our Welsh International star anywhere near the first team and IIRC he played at left-back up there and got the complete runaround so I will be most disappointed if gets a start tonight.

298 posts