135 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - PNE

by Denver Royal » 02 Apr 2019 14:29

NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal
Mr Optimist After the first few minutes on Saturday I thought we might be in for a good afternoon as Preston weren't doing what most teams do against us, which is close us down quickly, reduce our time on the ball, and force us into silly errors and gifts for the opposition.

I was really surprised by that as I was expecting to see that being their main tactic to squeeze the space, but they were quite happy to sit off us.

The part Martinez is playing for us is huge as you can see how the confidence is growing from the back from having a "proper" keeper there.

Any news on Mo and if he will be out for long? Similarly hopefully Swifty just went off as a precaution.

Good post. Yep, Preston came out flat and pedestrian. And you're right, they sat off us, which suited us. Surprising, given the tear they'd been on, and being in the playoff hunt, etc.
Alex Neil said afterwards that they were missing a few key players and that it showed. "We knew today was going to be a tough day for us. Reading are a very different type of team. We knew it was going to be a passing type of game, but we just didn’t really get in behind them".

That said, Barrow was crucial with his goal and the assist, because beyond that we didn't really have too many clear chances. Think their keeper only made one other save of note, which was a good save from Eja.

I think there was just one more which was the cross Ejaria walked over. Had he made contact with it few keepers could have saved it.

Yes, you're right Seth, I forgot that one. Not sure if Eja was surprised and saw it late, got his long legs stuck under him or what, but the goal was gaping.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 14:31

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal Good post. Yep, Preston came out flat and pedestrian. And you're right, they sat off us, which suited us. Surprising, given the tear they'd been on, and being in the playoff hunt, etc.
Alex Neil said afterwards that they were missing a few key players and that it showed. "We knew today was going to be a tough day for us. Reading are a very different type of team. We knew it was going to be a passing type of game, but we just didn’t really get in behind them".

That said, Barrow was crucial with his goal and the assist, because beyond that we didn't really have too many clear chances. Think their keeper only made one other save of note, which was a good save from Eja.

I think there was just one more which was the cross Ejaria walked over. Had he made contact with it few keepers could have saved it.

Yes, you're right Seth, I forgot that one. Not sure if Eja was surprised and saw it late, got his long legs stuck under him or what, but the goal was gaping.

The official highlights forgot it too which was annoying as I wanted to see it again. I presumed at the time that the miss was down to his inexperience. Much like Loader just not getting things quite right at times.
If Ejaria can grow into this level a bit more hes a real tidy player in the making.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 02 Apr 2019 14:36

If it was the chance in the second half, I think the Sky highlights show it Seth.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 15:00

Mr Optimist If it was the chance in the second half, I think the Sky highlights show it Seth.

Ah. I cant watch those though as I live in France.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Apr 2019 15:24

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 16:02

Platypuss Also on Quest highlights.

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest

Again it is sadly blocked for me.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Apr 2019 16:06

Just do what Kes(RIP) does and use Hola or Tunnelbear.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 16:10

Platypuss Just do what Kes(RIP) does and use Hola or Tunnelbear.

I was warned to stay away from Bears on the internet.. but if you think it's a good idea then thank you.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Apr 2019 16:42

NewCorkSeth
Mr Optimist If it was the chance in the second half, I think the Sky highlights show it Seth.

Try this?

https://www.goalsarena.tv/en/video/england-championship/30-03-2019-reading-2-1-preston-north-end-championship.html

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 17:31

John Smith
NewCorkSeth

Try this?

https://www.goalsarena.tv/en/video/england-championship/30-03-2019-reading-2-1-preston-north-end-championship.html

We have a winner!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2019 18:22

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal Good post. Yep, Preston came out flat and pedestrian. And you're right, they sat off us, which suited us. Surprising, given the tear they'd been on, and being in the playoff hunt, etc.

Plus when Eja hit the woodwork right?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Apr 2019 18:42

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth I think there was just one more which was the cross Ejaria walked over. Had he made contact with it few keepers could have saved it.

He actually hit the target - their keeper managed to push his shot onto the post with a great save.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Apr 2019 18:49

John Smith
NewCorkSeth

Try this?

If i remembered correctly it went through his legs

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2019 19:12

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal Yes, you're right Seth, I forgot that one. Not sure if Eja was surprised and saw it late, got his long legs stuck under him or what, but the goal was gaping.

He actually hit the target - their keeper managed to push his shot onto the post with a great save.

Ok, did wonder whether it was the saved shot they were talking about, but couldn't remember it well enough.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Apr 2019 09:37

Platypuss Also on Quest highlights.

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest

28.30ish if anyone looks

135 posts