BFTG - PNE

135 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - PNE

by Hound » 30 Mar 2019 20:29

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip If only we could keep all these loanees next season. They are all totally committed to the team and it shows in their performances. They have made a huge difference.

I was a bit sceptical given our past experience with bulk loan signings but each of them has vastly improved our options and fortunes. I dont know who is to thank for that but I presume it's the scouting team. Well done to them. It's honestly difficult to choose which of the loans has been best.

Yes it’s unclear who was behind the signings but a big well done to whoever was responsible. It’s made all the difference. I hope we can sign a couple of them for next season.

It’s an interesting one certainly. All I expect have been on the radar previously - obvs we know about Nelson, Baker and Miazga

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2019 20:39

NewCorkSeth
Zip If only we could keep all these loanees next season. They are all totally committed to the team and it shows in their performances. They have made a huge difference.

I was a bit sceptical given our past experience with bulk loan signings but each of them has vastly improved our options and fortunes. I dont know who is to thank for that but I presume it's the scouting team. Well done to them. It's honestly difficult to choose which of the loans has been best.

There's very little to pick between Miazga, Martinez and Oliveira.

And let's not forget that until he got injured Ezatolahi looked a candidate for best player too.

Loan jinx well and truly busted.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Mar 2019 20:41

Hound
Zip
NewCorkSeth I was a bit sceptical given our past experience with bulk loan signings but each of them has vastly improved our options and fortunes. I dont know who is to thank for that but I presume it's the scouting team. Well done to them. It's honestly difficult to choose which of the loans has been best.

Yes it’s unclear who was behind the signings but a big well done to whoever was responsible. It’s made all the difference. I hope we can sign a couple of them for next season.

It’s an interesting one certainly. All I expect have been on the radar previously - obvs we know about Nelson, Baker and Miazga

Hopefully one or two of them may want to come back because they have enjoyed playing for the club this season. Who knows. Maybe we can get one or two back on year long loans.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Mar 2019 20:45

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

And let's not forget that until he got injured Ezatolahi looked a candidate for best player too.

Completely yeah. I was sure Ezatolahi was the second coming of christ for a bit.

While the 3 you mentioned have been obviously very, very good (by any standards not just for loans) Baker and Ejaria have been just as important and impressive in their own ways.

The energy from all of our January loans has been more than impressive. Obviously this opinion could be tinted by the Jose Gomes positivity but I'm not gonna fight it. I'm delighted with this group at the moment.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Mar 2019 20:46

Zip
Hound
Zip

Hopefully one or two of them may want to come back because they have enjoyed playing for the club this season. Who knows. Maybe we can get one or two back on year long loans.

I really hope so. They all seem happy enough.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2019 20:59

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I was a bit sceptical given our past experience with bulk loan signings but each of them has vastly improved our options and fortunes. I dont know who is to thank for that but I presume it's the scouting team. Well done to them. It's honestly difficult to choose which of the loans has been best.

Completely yeah. I was sure Ezatolahi was the second coming of christ for a bit.

While the 3 you mentioned have been obviously very, very good (by any standards not just for loans) Baker and Ejaria have been just as important and impressive in their own ways.

The energy from all of our January loans has been more than impressive. Obviously this opinion could be tinted by the Jose Gomes positivity but I'm not gonna fight it. I'm delighted with this group at the moment.

Oh yeah, the only difference for Ejaria and Baker is that they started slower and have had some downs as well as ups. The other three have just been consistently a cut above. The other two are left somewhat in their shadow by just how good those three are.

A midfield of Rinomhota / Ezatolahi and Baker / Kelly to choose from for the deeper two roles plus East as cover would look pretty fooking sweet to me next season.

Anyway, the game. Good goals and was that Ejaria who rattled the woodwork with a belter or Blackett? They both have the same mop of hair on a phone screen

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Mar 2019 21:00

Nice to see JG has binned the play it out from the back from the keeper, his kicking from the hand is very similar to Adam Federici.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 30 Mar 2019 21:03

A few minutes after the final whistle a couple of the loanees (Miazga, Martinez) were looking up at the scoreboard.
They appeared to punch the air when they saw the Millwall and Rotherham results. If so....fair play lads.

Cracking result. Very good performance. Pretty good atmosphere as well.

Dare i say it, are the good times coming back ? Gomez is doing OK. The fans seem to be enjoying it. Bit of a feel good factor
about the place these days. And attendances up around 16-17k as well.

A 50 year veteran me....but am currently enjoying what I am seeing. Keep Gomez. Try and sign a few of our current loanees. Stay up this season. Clear the treatment room. Stay up PLEASE...then roll on August.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Mar 2019 21:04

windermereROYAL Nice to see JG has binned the play it out from the back from the keeper, his kicking from the hand is very similar to Adam Federici.

Yep and we went long ball at times too. Much more pragmatic which is what it needs to be, There was real progress in that performance today. The scoreline flattered Preston.
I was also surprised how long Pearson stayed on the pitch for them. He was hobbling for a long time before he eventually went off.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Mar 2019 21:06

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal There's very little to pick between Miazga, Martinez and Oliveira.

Oh yeah, the only difference for Ejaria and Baker is that they started slower and have had some downs as well as ups. The other three have just been consistently a cut above. The other two are left somewhat in their shadow by just how good those three are.

A midfield of Rinomhota / Ezatolahi and Baker / Kelly to choose from for the deeper two roles plus East as cover would look pretty fooking sweet to me next season.

Anyway, the game. Good goals and was that Ejaria who rattled the woodwork with a belter or Blackett? They both have the same mop of hair on a phone screen

It was Ejaria’s effort on goal. I can’t see Kelly being here next season btw

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 30 Mar 2019 21:32

Nice for Gomes and the team to beat a side on a 12 game unbeaten streak relatively easily. The more time Gomes has with this group, the more it seems to be having a positive effect. Even the doomsday sayers on here have dramatically changed their tune or gone quiet. Far more readable on that front.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Mar 2019 21:34

The Lino was totally inept for Preston`s goal missing 2 offsides in the build up

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Mar 2019 21:35

Yeah Gomes has been great for us. If by some miracle he can convince Oliveira to sign for next season I think we may be hovering around the top 10 by this time next year.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 30 Mar 2019 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Mar 2019 21:36

Yup, just scan back a few months worth of posts (when JG was first appointed)

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 30 Mar 2019 21:53

Zip I was also surprised how long Pearson stayed on the pitch for them. He was hobbling for a long time before he eventually went off.

They had no more subs left, having already subbed one of their subs, which is why they finished with ten men (during which time they scored :| )

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Mar 2019 21:58

I believe the whole thing about the team spirit is entirely down to the manager. He's come in from Day 1 with an infectious positivity, he's kind of put his arm around the squad and given them a fair crack, sussed out pretty quickly what needs changing, implemented changes and by and large they are responding. He's also seems to have really invested emotionally in the club. It may just be PR on his part but it's pretty effective and I think people respond to it.

It's all about man management and i think he's brilliant at it. you don't hear many people still moaning about his less than stellar CV.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 30 Mar 2019 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Mar 2019 21:58

Muskrat
Zip I was also surprised how long Pearson stayed on the pitch for them. He was hobbling for a long time before he eventually went off.

They had no more subs left, having already subbed one of their subs, which is why they finished with ten men (during which time they scored :| )

Yeah I know but it was obvious he wasn’t fit to play on so it seemed pretty stupid risking making his injury far worse. It looked like his hamstring so playing on was madness.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Mar 2019 22:18

Zip
Muskrat

Yeah I know but it was obvious he wasn’t fit to play on so it seemed pretty stupid risking making his injury far worse. It looked like his hamstring so playing on was madness.

Yep, esp when the game looked to have gone for them - he looks their best player as well

Gmac knew what he was doing trying to make it a got race with him. Finished him off that

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Mar 2019 22:25

Hound
Zip
Muskrat

Yep, esp when the game looked to have gone for them - he looks their best player as well

Gmac knew what he was doing trying to make it a got race with him. Finished him off that

We were linked with Pearson. Good player. My 16 year old son who is very passionate suggested that Rinomhota went in hard on Pearson to finish him off. :oops:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Mar 2019 22:32

That ball from Swift for the first goal is a delight - I'm sure if that was de Bruyne, it'd be talked about everywhere. This is what I was saying about Swift, he can easily do that sort of pass and then misplace a 3 yard pass. He could be a really good player if he became more consistent

Meite was much better in his actual position, funny that. Barrow also looked better up front, could it be because he didn't have to worry about defensive duties

Back four were good, in particular Miazga, would be a great addition if we could get him in permanetly. Likewise Baker, Nelson and Martinez. Ejaria? Played well today but still not 100% convinced he'd be a long term fit. We'll see though

Rino is superb. I really hope he wins POTS, the level of consistency for someone that has never played first team football before this season is staggering. Only thing we can hope for is he doesn't follow the Tshibola route of hunting for money, or even the Kelly route of becoming too complacent

Paul McShane :lol: :lol: :lol:

135 posts