MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Billy Whitehurst

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Billy Whitehurst

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 00:39

Denver Royal
From Despair To Where?
grey_squirrel I am reliably informed far from it's reputation as being a shlthole, Hull is actually quite a nice place. I've never been, nor am I likely to, so cannot comment further.

Hull suffers from past reputation and from geographically being out on a limb, but it's really not that bad a place and certainly no worse than most large northern cities. The people are generally nice and can be applauded for their RL inspired pathalogical hatred of all things Leeds.

I think we've got a very good chance of coming away with something from the game.

Whoever draws Bowen has his work cut out. He normally lines up on the right(?), so it could be Blackett. Not a great matchup. Wouldn’t be shocked if we (should?) switch things around.

Agree that Blackett will most likely struggle, but where are the alternatives? Gunter isn't the answer at LB, he backs off too much which suits Bowen's game. Possibly Yiadom left and Gunter right. Then that leaves the question how would Gunter fare with Grosicki, another tricky skilful winger. Omar Richards? Isn't ready yet IMO. Maybe it is better to stick with Blackett

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Apr 2019 01:53

CountryRoyal Will be my first trip to Hull so looking forward to it.

It's alright actually. Ground is a bit like ours. For those who moan about the Mad Stad atmosphere go to KC and the soulless stadium. It is the worst by miles. For a true shit hole experience I reccomend Boro.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Apr 2019 03:33

Yeah, heard Boro is rank.

(Anyone played Ganton? It's the land that time forgot. Old English and privileged. They give you a tour. Reserved wooden lockers. The course is great, but really hard. I was young then, and playing well, but it's brutal. You then (try) go in the bar afterwards, you need a pass There's an old guy, must be in his 80's, sitting at the door, suit and tie, checking you in. Thankfully a mate told me, and we had the required attire. When in there, it's fine, tho small. Ales. Mostly very old couples. Plaques everywhere. Olazabal winning the British Junior Open, etc.)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2019 07:02

Zip
grey_squirrel I am reliably informed far from it's reputation as being a shlthole, Hull is actually quite a nice place. I've never been, nor am I likely to, so cannot comment further.

It’s a shithole although Hessle isn’t too bad.

Oliveira likely to be fit for Hull according to Jonathan Low. Talking of which on his Q & A a certain Ian Royal suggested that Van Den Berg and Meyler should be brought back and that McNulty will be our top scorer next season. :lol:

Oh. That retard is back pretending to be me again. How hilarious. Yawn.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2019 08:36

Jackson Corner

It's alright actually. Ground is a bit like ours. For those who moan about the Mad Stad atmosphere go to KC and the soulless stadium. It is the worst by miles. For a true shit hole experience I reccomend Boro.

Last away of the season isn’t it?

Looking forward to that too :lol: must get jabs first.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Apr 2019 09:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip

It’s a shithole although Hessle isn’t too bad.

Oliveira likely to be fit for Hull according to Jonathan Low. Talking of which on his Q & A a certain Ian Royal suggested that Van Den Berg and Meyler should be brought back and that McNulty will be our top scorer next season. :lol:

Oh. That retard is back pretending to be me again. How hilarious. Yawn.

You just going to take that DD?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2019 09:47

CountryRoyal
Jackson Corner

Last away of the season isn’t it?

Looking forward to that too :lol: must get jabs first.

Is 'boro or Brum inflatable day? Guess it might depend on how delicate Reading's relegation situation is....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Apr 2019 13:18

McShane injured (allegedly) :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Apr 2019 13:40

windermereROYAL McShane injured (allegedly) :D

Severely bruised ego I heard

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 21:59

When was the last time we won away and kept a clean sheet? Got to be a long long time ago now

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2019 22:20

URZZZZ When was the last time we won away and kept a clean sheet? Got to be a long long time ago now

Leeds October 2017.

JamesJackson

by JamesJackson » 05 Apr 2019 12:16

I think this will be very close. Going to go for a 2-2 draw. Looking at the stats, you can see why: https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-championship/hull-vs-reading/

ferret

by ferret » 05 Apr 2019 15:45

I have lived up in Hull now for over ten years and yeah there are parts of the city you wouldn't want to spend any time there but the city centre is pretty nice and as its been stated before, the locals are mainly a friendly bunch too.

If you thinking about going for a drink before the game, there's nothing near the stadium at all, Princess Ave is full of nice bars and places to eat but that's about a ten minute walk from the train station and then the walk to the stadium from there, is about another ten mins as well.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Apr 2019 19:27

This is gonna be a tough one, Hull lately have been absolute garbage away from home but unbeatable at home, record since the turn of the year:

Home:

W5 D2 L0

Away:

W1 D1 L5

That away win was their last game against Ipswich and one of the stats from the BBC, Hull have scored 2 or more goals in 9 consecutive home games.

I'd take a point now.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 05 Apr 2019 19:56

I presented Billy Whitehurst with the MOTM award away at Huddersfield in 1988 when we won 2-0 and he scored both goals. CSB eh?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Apr 2019 22:02

tidus_mi2 This is gonna be a tough one, Hull lately have been absolute garbage away from home but unbeatable at home, record since the turn of the year:

Home:

W5 D2 L0

Away:

W1 D1 L5

That away win was their last game against Ipswich and one of the stats from the BBC, Hull have scored 2 or more goals in 9 consecutive home games.

I'd take a point now.

But then those two draws at home have been 2-2 v a dreadful QPR and throwing away a 2-0 lead against struggling Rotherham so there is a chance if Reading can be organised, battle for everything and make themselves some luck.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Apr 2019 23:00

Muskrat I presented Billy Whitehurst with the MOTM award away at Huddersfield in 1988 when we won 2-0 and he scored both goals. CSB eh?

Did he chin you?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 06 Apr 2019 00:01

leon
Muskrat I presented Billy Whitehurst with the MOTM award away at Huddersfield in 1988 when we won 2-0 and he scored both goals. CSB eh?

Did he chin you?

No he was the perfect gent. Prolly got pissed in the players lounge afterwards though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Apr 2019 10:51

Sutekh
tidus_mi2 This is gonna be a tough one, Hull lately have been absolute garbage away from home but unbeatable at home, record since the turn of the year:

Home:

W5 D2 L0

Away:

W1 D1 L5

I'd take a point now.

But then those two draws at home have been 2-2 v a dreadful QPR and throwing away a 2-0 lead against struggling Rotherham so there is a chance if Reading can be organised, battle for everything and make themselves some luck.

Rotherham should have won that as well - they battered them second half

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Apr 2019 13:49

Think we'll see something like this

Martinez, Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Blackett, Baker, Rinomhota, Meite, Swift, Ejaria, Barrow
Walker, O'Shea, Gunter, Kelly, Harriott, McCleary, Oliveira