Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2019 17:44

I'm not sure how you can describe the third or fourth goals as small mistakes. Maybe the second.

Calamitous is a word that springs to mind.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Aug 2019 00:40

paultheroyal A number of players and coaching staff are not overly happy with the rise of Teddy Howe. Accelerated to first team appearances not solely based on his ability.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fake news, was a standout in the u23s, has had to do a lot more to prove himself then some others due to claims like this. He's very popular in the academy. No one has a bad word to say about him and never heard any gripes along the lines of those you're suggesting.

Nice try.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 10:00

Paul fluked one prediction in the form of the Chelsea friendly and has got everything else spectacularly wrong. He dips in and out trying to give the impression that he's in the know, when in fact he knows absolutely nothing, as has been proved.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Aug 2019 10:30

Article with Obita suggest that his return is a 'long way off'.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/a ... -recovery/

Obita says that it will be a 'few weeks' before he can return to training even.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 10:33

Elm Park Kid Article with Obita suggest that his return is a 'long way off'.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/a ... -recovery/

Obita says that it will be a 'few weeks' before he can return to training even.

This is his last throw of the dice to be honest.

Everything is pointing to an early retirement unfortunately.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2019 12:36

Well. It begins tomorrow. This is the squad as far as I can tell (I included CBC as someone said Gomes named him as our 3rd choice?) and we still have 2 big holes. Exciting times ahead. Is Barrett an AML?

GK - Virginia, Walker, Andresson/CBC
DR - Yiadom, Watson, Howe
DC - Moore, Miazga, Morrison, McIntyre
DL - Blackett, Obita, Richards
MC - Rinomhota, Adam, East
AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye
ST - Loader, Novakovich, Baldock

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 12:39

NewCorkSeth Well. It begins tomorrow. This is the squad as far as I can tell (I included CBC as someone said Gomes named him as our 3rd choice?) and we still have 2 big holes. Exciting times ahead. Is Barrett an AML?

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Yeah Barrett has primarily played on the left when I've seen him in first team or unders.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2019 12:58

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Well. It begins tomorrow. This is the squad as far as I can tell (I included CBC as someone said Gomes named him as our 3rd choice?) and we still have 2 big holes. Exciting times ahead. Is Barrett an AML?

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Yeah Barrett has primarily played on the left when I've seen him in first team or unders.

That sort of confirms in my head that Barrow will play centrally a lot more this season.

Meite/Loader--------------Barrett/Boye
----------------Barrow/Nova-----------------

Maybe something like that?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 13:00

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

That sort of confirms in my head that Barrow will play centrally a lot more this season.

Loader has barely played wide at all for the first team so I don't think so. Especially as I suggested he'd be better off transitioning to the first team there.

I fear we'll see Loader lead the line more than Nova in the first couple of months.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2019 13:05

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yeah Barrett has primarily played on the left when I've seen him in first team or unders.

Loader has barely played wide at all for the first team so I don't think so. Especially as I suggested he'd be better off transitioning to the first team there.

I fear we'll see Loader lead the line more than Nova in the first couple of months.

I get the concern but actually I'm pretty excited to see what he can do. Could be a Dembele at Fulham situation. I bet plenty of their fans doubted his ability to lead the line after his first, goalless season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2019 13:58

Snowflake Royal

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Or No. Always used to play on the right or even centrally. In his first spell playing for the first team he played on the right. IIRC he only switched to the left wing last season but it seems to be where he has found a place Don’t hunk he has a chance of getting in the first team in a central role but don’t think it would be an issue if he was asked to play on the right.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Aug 2019 14:10

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Really could do with a striker though suspect that we’ll see Barrow, Boyé and Meite getting time in that position.

And do still need an AMC.

GK is the biggest worry at the moment and both that and DL might be areas that need to be strengthened in January depending on injuries/form etc.

At this stage though a lot more to look forward to about the team than for the last couple of years.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2019 14:15

Sutekh

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Really could do with a striker though suspect that we’ll see Barrow, Boyé and Meite getting time in that position.

GK is the biggest worry at the moment and both that and DL might be areas that need to be strengthened in January depending on injuries/form etc.

At this stage though a lot more to look forward to about the team than for the last couple of years.

AMC? Hardly a priority imo. Plenty of players could fill in there as well as Olise being one of our brighter prospects.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Aug 2019 14:42

NewCorkSeth
Sutekh

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

AMC? Hardly a priority imo. Plenty of players could fill in there as well as Olise being one of our brighter prospects.

Agreed. For me a combative CM is a priority so Rino can utilize his attacking instincts. LB is looking a bit light now Tyler is out for a month. CF I'm less concerned. It'll be interesting to see if Boye can lead the line or if he'll be used like Yak, bullying in form the flank.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Aug 2019 15:11

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Sutekh

Agreed. For me a combative CM is a priority so Rino can utilize his attacking instincts. LB is looking a bit light now Tyler is out for a month. CF I'm less concerned. It'll be interesting to see if Boye can lead the line or if he'll be used like Yak, bullying in form the flank.

I wonder if a deep striker/false 9 could work with Meite/Barrow/Boye having license to come inside. Baldock and Loader could be suited to this. It'd be a lower Championship version on Liverpool's front 3.

I agree DM is top priority, though club seem to want out and out CF.

Esteban

by Esteban » 02 Aug 2019 15:12

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Might add Holsgrove to the midfield, but another defensive minded player is required in there.

Striker is an interesting one, if we are still looking for another player, I think we need one to leave.

Being greedy, I would love to see Ejaria back on loan, but I think that is unlikely now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 18:12

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

AMR - Meite, Barrett
AMC - Swift, Olise
AML - Barrow, Boye

Or No. Always used to play on the right or even centrally. In his first spell playing for the first team he played on the right. IIRC he only switched to the left wing last season but it seems to be where he has found a place Don’t hunk he has a chance of getting in the first team in a central role but don’t think it would be an issue if he was asked to play on the right.

Couldn't remember his debut and must have only seen him in youth games last season then.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Aug 2019 19:52

maffff
paultheroyal A number of players and coaching staff are not overly happy with the rise of Teddy Howe. Accelerated to first team appearances not solely based on his ability.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fake news, was a standout in the u23s, has had to do a lot more to prove himself then some others due to claims like this. He's very popular in the academy. No one has a bad word to say about him and never heard any gripes along the lines of those you're suggesting.

Nice try.

Can imagine one particular U23 midfielder's family might be spreading shit because they always are. The player is good friends with Howe but I've got the impression he spends a lot of time being embarrassed by his family.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2019 20:32

SCIAG
maffff

Nice try.

Can imagine one particular U23 midfielder's family might be spreading shit because they always are. The player is good friends with Howe but I've got the impression he spends a lot of time being embarrassed by his family.

Dish sis x

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Aug 2019 18:07

JG says he ideally wants a striker and midfielder minimum before the deadline on Thursday. Not really a surprise there though as we know that’s where the club is short. Hope it does happen as we need to stop playing players, particularly the youngsters, out of their natural/familiar positions

1826 posts