Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Aug 2019 10:19

StellaPlease No way Boye has been signed for the bench. I think we'll stick him in behind the striker instead of swift.

He's a tricky winger. Not a no.10. We essentially have 3 first choice wingers, with Boye, Barrow and Meite, all of whom could fill in up front if something happens to Joao. They will all get plenty of game time over the course of a gruelling season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2019 10:20

StellaPlease No way Boye has been signed for the bench. I think we'll stick him in behind the striker instead of swift.

Reckon hes been signed to cover the wings. Dont thinks hes played much centrally so that's a big leap. After Meite and Barrow we only really had Baldock and Barrett to play out wide so it makes sense to get a 3rd choice in for injury/drops in form.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Aug 2019 10:20

One other thing to maybe consider. If we do bring in Joao, Rafael and Pele, I can see us cashing in on Barrow before the end of August. He's the one player who has attracted interest.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2019 10:23

From Despair To Where? One other thing to maybe consider. If we do bring in Joao, Rafael and Pele, I can see us cashing in on Barrow before the end of August. He's the one player who has attracted interest.

Other than Meite.......

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 06 Aug 2019 10:24

NewCorkSeth

Reckon hes been signed to cover the wings. Dont thinks hes played much centrally so that's a big leap. After Meite and Barrow we only really had Baldock and Barrett to play out wide so it makes sense to get a 3rd choice in for injury/drops in form.

Baldock isn't a winger, but olise is so your wrong on all fronts, as usual.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Aug 2019 10:28

Nameless
From Despair To Where? One other thing to maybe consider. If we do bring in Joao, Rafael and Pele, I can see us cashing in on Barrow before the end of August. He's the one player who has attracted interest.

Other than Meite.......

True but I think Barrow was the one player that we actually got an offer for rather than it just being paper talk.

If we had to sell one of Meite or Barrow, I'd definitely sell Barrow.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2019 10:31

StellaPlease
NewCorkSeth

Is this a wum? Baldock played more games out wide for us last season than up front. I was saying those 2 cover the wide positions not that they are wingers. We dont even really play traditional wingers. We play with inside forwards/wide forwards. Olise is a number 10 not a winger.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2019 10:34

NewCorkSeth
StellaPlease
NewCorkSeth Reckon hes been signed to cover the wings. Dont thinks hes played much centrally so that's a big leap. After Meite and Barrow we only really had Baldock and Barrett to play out wide so it makes sense to get a 3rd choice in for injury/drops in form.

Is this a wum? Baldock played more games out wide for us last season than up front. I was saying those 2 cover the wide positions not that they are wingers. We dont even really play traditional wingers. We play with inside forwards/wide forwards. Olise is a number 10 not a winger.

Spot on, Olise is not in any way a winger. But then neither is Meite.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 06 Aug 2019 10:34

NewCorkSeth
StellaPlease
NewCorkSeth Reckon hes been signed to cover the wings. Dont thinks hes played much centrally so that's a big leap. After Meite and Barrow we only really had Baldock and Barrett to play out wide so it makes sense to get a 3rd choice in for injury/drops in form.

Yes Baldock played on the wing for us to great effect. Olise is a winger but also very effective as a no10

Just because someone calls you out on your poor knowledge, doesn't make them a wum.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2019 10:36

StellaPlease
NewCorkSeth
StellaPlease

Yes Baldock played on the wing for us to great effect. Olise is a winger but also very effective as a no10

Just because someone calls you out on your poor knowledge, doesn't make them a wum.

Lol. K boo. Talk later when you're feeling better xx

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Aug 2019 10:38

WestYorksRoyal

He's a tricky winger. Not a no.10. We essentially have 3 first choice wingers, with Boye, Barrow and Meite, all of whom could fill in up front if something happens to Joao. They will all get plenty of game time over the course of a gruelling season.

Pretty sure Gomes said that Boye is a secondary striker or something similar but can certainly play on the left and the right at a push. The plan seems to be to have a fluid front 4 who can rotate position - Boye and Joao should fit into this mould well.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 06 Aug 2019 10:41

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal

Pretty sure Gomes said that Boye is a secondary striker or something similar but can certainly play on the left and the right at a push. The plan seems to be to have a fluid front 4 who can rotate position - Boye and Joao should fit into this mould well.

We need to get them on the training pitch together asap. Another defeat in Saturday then again on Sunday would drain any feel good factor remaining.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Aug 2019 10:43

StellaPlease
Stranded
WestYorksRoyal He's a tricky winger. Not a no.10. We essentially have 3 first choice wingers, with Boye, Barrow and Meite, all of whom could fill in up front if something happens to Joao. They will all get plenty of game time over the course of a gruelling season.

We need to get them on the training pitch together asap. Another defeat in Saturday then again on Sunday would drain any feel good factor remaining.

Agreed - I would hope all are done deals today (Pele, Rafael & Joao) so they can train the rest of the week and travel. Would expect Joao to go straight in as he has already played this season - rest depends on fitness.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Aug 2019 10:43

I don't like this front 4 idea. It's over the top and imbalanced.

I'd like to see Swift pushed up into a more advanced role ahead of Rino and Pele, with a front 3. But obviously Gomes is manager so my opinion is fairly irrelevant.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2019 10:47

WestYorksRoyal I don't like this front 4 idea. It's over the top and imbalanced.

I'd like to see Swift pushed up into a more advanced role ahead of Rino and Pele, with a front 3. But obviously Gomes is manager so my opinion is fairly irrelevant.

You're not alone in disliking it. I prefer a front 3 too. I dont mind interchangeable forwards. The fluidity is effective and being able to switch between 3 possible players up front is useful depending on opposition. Their defenders are strong and dominant in the air? Meite shifts up front. Their defenders are slower and less organised? Barrow shifts up front. Etc.

I would ideally like to see a midfield 3 with Swift and Olise taking the advanced playmaker role between them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Aug 2019 10:54

StellaPlease
Stranded
WestYorksRoyal He's a tricky winger. Not a no.10. We essentially have 3 first choice wingers, with Boye, Barrow and Meite, all of whom could fill in up front if something happens to Joao. They will all get plenty of game time over the course of a gruelling season.

Yes agreed. We need to get these players to gel as soon as possible. The squad looks strong on paper now but a lot of our signings have come in a big splurge at the back end of pre season/start of new season. Now Gomes needs to come up with the right formation to make this work.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Aug 2019 10:55

WestYorksRoyal I don't like this front 4 idea. It's over the top and imbalanced.

It's not a front 4 in that sense. It's a front 3 with a midfielder pushed on in an AM role. The plan would be that essentially you have players who could for portions of the game turn up in any of those positions but they would predominantly play in their starting roles.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Aug 2019 11:13

Why are we discussing next season's squad when we have barely started this season?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2019 12:39

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yes. Would mean a big squad again though. The bench should certainly be decent!

Rafael
Yiadom, Miazga, Moore, Blackett
Rinomhota, Pele
Meite, Swift, Barrow
Joao

Walker, Morrison, McIntyre, Adam, Boye, Novakovich, Olise/Loader/Baldock

Is that a suggested team for Hull or a theoretical XI for the season?

Theoretical xi for the season.

I see Boye as essentially pushing the forwards for their place and who ever is in better form on the pitch and in training playing.

You can say Boye hasn't arrived to sit on the bench, but equally, neither has Morrison or Miazga and Meite, Barrow and Moore aren't still here to just sit on the bench either. But some of them will have to.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Aug 2019 13:45

Boye should hopefully put a rocket up Barrow's arse.

1826 posts