Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by Jordan Holsgrove's dad

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 17:14

Zip
LUX
Hound
Rotherham are a joke.

harsh. They've put in some great performances over the past few months (excepting Derby away). Not good enough, true, but not a joke.

Feel sorry for them too (not at our expense, obviously)

Agreed. Would much rather Millwall had down instead.

I didn’t say I wanted them to go down, I actually don’t mind them as a club. Just all the ‘gladiators’ nonsense, when the reality is they’ve completely bottled it

Millwall would undoubtedly been preferable

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Apr 2019 17:27

Hound
Zip
LUX
harsh. They've put in some great performances over the past few months (excepting Derby away). Not good enough, true, but not a joke.

Feel sorry for them too (not at our expense, obviously)

Agreed. Would much rather Millwall had down instead.

I didn’t say I wanted them to go down, I actually don’t mind them as a club. Just all the ‘gladiators’ nonsense, when the reality is they’ve completely bottled it

Millwall would undoubtedly been preferable

Get a grip Houndy :wink: Rotherham have some decent players but are very poor defensively. Calling them a joke is unHoundlike.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 17:30

Maybe a (very little bit) harsh. But imagine the meltdowns on here if we’d lost the last 4 or 5 after taking the lead.

There are other clubs on crappy small budgets or have their own problems that don’t get half the excuses Rotherham get

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Apr 2019 17:44

Just seen the highlights. That really didn’t look like a pen at all. Great save by Martinez with his legs in the second half.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Apr 2019 17:46

Snowflake Royal Found that quite frustrating. Could easily have won it with Meite and / Oliveira.... McCleary failing to convert multiple good opportunities... missing clear balls forward into space, delaying getting the cross in... but we still had enough opportunities to equalise. Mind you, M'bro had plenty of their own chances. Shame Eza didn't get to come on.

Barrett looks as skillful as ever, but much stronger these days. something about Olise that doesn't convince me and I just don't know why. Ejaria played several soft or poorly directed through balls.

Frustrated, but all in all a decent performance against a team justifiably at the top end of the table. And we're safe. Hope all who went had a good time despite the result. Can still finish the season on a high with a win v Brum, though it would have been nice to go out unbeaten in a few.

Oh ffs Ian. He's only17 years old.
Last edited by sandman on 27 Apr 2019 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Apr 2019 17:53

Gunter back to his usual self. Think we would have won that with Blackett.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 18:47

Zip Just seen the highlights. That really didn’t look like a pen at all. Great save by Martinez with his legs in the second half.

Agreed on that. Pretty dodgy decision

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 27 Apr 2019 18:59

sandman
Snowflake Royal Found that quite frustrating. Could easily have won it with Meite and / Oliveira.... McCleary failing to convert multiple good opportunities... missing clear balls forward into space, delaying getting the cross in... but we still had enough opportunities to equalise. Mind you, M'bro had plenty of their own chances. Shame Eza didn't get to come on.

Barrett looks as skillful as ever, but much stronger these days. something about Olise that doesn't convince me and I just don't know why. Ejaria played several soft or poorly directed through balls.

Frustrated, but all in all a decent performance against a team justifiably at the top end of the table. And we're safe. Hope all who went had a good time despite the result. Can still finish the season on a high with a win v Brum, though it would have been nice to go out unbeaten in a few.

Oh ffs Ian he's 17 years old.

Mick Gooding was saying the complete opposite of what Ian said about Olise. It's fascinating how so many people watch the same game but have different opinions. I guess we'll find out in a couple of years who was right.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2019 19:06

I’d say there is very much something about Olise that is exciting. Loads of confidence for a 17 year old who probably wasn’t expected to be playing for the u23 side this season let alone the first team. No guarantee he’ll ‘train on’ but I hope some of our fans treat him more considerately than they have Danny Loader.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Apr 2019 19:17

Hound
Zip Just seen the highlights. That really didn’t look like a pen at all. Great save by Martinez with his legs in the second half.

Haven’t seen it back but it looked soft from the stands. Was so frustrating though because it came about from our own ineptitude and down our left side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Apr 2019 19:26

CountryRoyal
Hound

Haven’t seen it back but it looked soft from the stands. Was so frustrating though because it came about from our own ineptitude and down our left side.

Yiadom barely made any contact. A very poor decision. Fortunately it hasn’t cost us.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Apr 2019 19:31

Ranty McRantface
sandman

Mick Gooding was saying the complete opposite of what Ian said about Olise. It's fascinating how so many people watch the same game but have different opinions. I guess we'll find out in a couple of years who was right.

I'd go with Gooding's view as an ex pro rather than someone who was adamant 2 months ago Parky was our saviour

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 19:32

Zip
CountryRoyal
Hound

Yiadom barely made any contact. A very poor decision. Fortunately it hasn’t cost us.

I have no idea what else exactly Yiadom was meant to do there. Other than just disappear.

Seen some pretty rancid refereeing recently

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Apr 2019 19:35

It felt like this plonker didn’t have a clue. So many situations occurred about two foot away from him clear as day and then he took ages to make a decision and then often seemingly chose the wrong one. Felt he was guessing half the time tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2019 19:45

Ranty McRantface
sandman

Oh there's no logic or reason that I can think of. You ever sometimes just don't immediately take to a player with no explanation? It's that. Nothing to do with performance or apparent talent. It's definitely me, not him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2019 19:46

Hound
Zip
CountryRoyal

I have no idea what else exactly Yiadom was meant to do there. Other than just disappear.

Seen some pretty rancid refereeing recently

My initial reaction on a slightly blurry stream was that Rino had waded in and caused it unnecessarily, but replays seemed to suggest he didn't really touch him and there was some fairly normal contact from Yiadom.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Apr 2019 20:07

Highlights wasn`t pretty viewing in the 1st half, for once Pulis was right, they should have been out of sight. penalty was very harsh though.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 27 Apr 2019 21:39

Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface
sandman

Oh there's no logic or reason that I can think of. You ever sometimes just don't immediately take to a player with no explanation? It's that. Nothing to do with performance or apparent talent. It's definitely me, not him.

This reads more like a "it's not you, it's me" break up than anything to do with football :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2019 21:44

Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface
sandman

I think the odd thing here is expecting to ‘bond’ with a player having seen him play just once or twice.
I wouldn’t expect you to have his name on your shirt or a tattoo yet but give the lad a chance !

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Apr 2019 22:01

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface

I think the odd thing here is expecting to ‘bond’ with a player having seen him play just once or twice.
I wouldn’t expect you to have his name on your shirt or a tattoo yet but give the lad a chance !

Agreed, Lawrence Logic isn’t making a great deal of sense here.

122 posts