The Danny Loader conundrum

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Danny Loader conundrum

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Apr 2019 15:49

John Smith
windermereROYAL I think a big decision on Nova should be coming in the summer too, there are is bound to be interest from Holland.
One year left on his contract and can leave for nothing next year. I`m all for getting him back here next season. big and strong, just what we need.

I was wondering how long it would take before someone piped up about him. Forget him - he will never, ever play for Reading again because he isn't good enough to do so.

Yet again your lack of football knowledge is astounding.

Nova is miles better then LOLoader. I think cutting our ties with Loader now is the best option.

Basildon

by Basildon » 25 Apr 2019 15:55

The Enfield Royal71
John Smith
windermereROYAL I think a big decision on Nova should be coming in the summer too, there are is bound to be interest from Holland.
One year left on his contract and can leave for nothing next year. I`m all for getting him back here next season. big and strong, just what we need.

I was wondering how long it would take before someone piped up about him. Forget him - he will never, ever play for Reading again because he isn't good enough to do so.

Nova is miles better then LOLoader. I think cutting our ties with Loader now is the best option.

How would cutting our ties with Loader be the best option? Realistically he'll be on low wages, and has the potential to be an important player for us. Why would we just get rid now?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 25 Apr 2019 16:17

The Enfield Royal71

So you think getting rid of a Reading born lad who is still 18 years old is the best option.
He's represented England at U16,U17,U18 and under 19, was in the squad that finished runners up in the U17 Euros and went on to win the U17 world cup.

Honestly mate stick to making a prat of yourself in AE, at least in there you are amongst folk as daft as yourself

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Apr 2019 16:31

72 bus
The Enfield Royal71

So you think getting rid of a Reading born lad who is still 18 years old is the best option.
He's represented England at U16,U17,U18 and under 19, was in the squad that finished runners up in the U17 Euros and went on to win the U17 world cup.

Honestly mate stick to making a prat of yourself in AE, at least in there you are amongst folk as daft as yourself

Yes he represented England that is good and an already established fact. Leroy Lita did If I recall. What happened to him?

And I didn't say get rid did I.....

Get him out on a long term 2 year loan and if he is still rubbish then he can go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2019 16:33

cutting ties is getting rid DD, not going out on loan

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Apr 2019 17:02

Hound cutting ties is getting rid DD, not going out on loan

Is that guy DD? These constantly changing usernames are killing me.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Apr 2019 17:26

NewCorkSeth

Yep.

Came back, gave the old "I've changed" Spiel and now slowly turning back into the usual routine.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2019 17:50

sandman
NewCorkSeth

Yep.

Came back, gave the old "I've changed" Spiel and now slowly turning back into the usual routine.

Yep.

I'd like to cut ties with DD and John Smith both rather than Loader or Nova.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2019 18:03

NewCorkSeth

Easier said than done but it's probably easier to ignore them. If they get no bites, they'll get bored and move on to something else

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 25 Apr 2019 18:27

72 bus
sandman Bit of an ask to send a teenage lad over to the continent.

LOL, The Lads agent was trying to get him a permanent move to Germany before the Club gave him an extended contract, Loader himself was up for the move.

The best I’ve seen him play was against the U23-39 Bayern Muenchen 2nd team. He was a real handful for them to control, so they resorted to lots of slightly late challenges just to slow him down. Only worked up to a point.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Apr 2019 18:32

I love how we still believe we need to bulk our players up. The English solution? Eat a bunch of food and lift weights. Some of the best players in the championship and premier league are not big or bulky. If you are smart, technical, composed and have a good burst of pace or awareness for space you are more than fine. They don't put anywhere near the same emphasis in bulking players up in Spain or Germany and they do ok in producing players. I'd rather we sent him on loan to Europe than league one.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 25 Apr 2019 18:38

FiNeRaIn I love how we still believe we need to bulk our players up. The English solution? Eat a bunch of food and lift weights. Some of the best players in the championship and premier league are not big or bulky. If you are smart, technical, composed and have a good burst of pace or awareness for space you are more than fine. They don't put anywhere near the same emphasis in bulking players up in Spain or Germany and they do ok in producing players. I'd rather we sent him on loan to Europe than league one.

Too right. Joe Cole bulked up and was never the same again. David Silva stayed sevlte and magical.

King Coppell

by King Coppell » 25 Apr 2019 18:41

You can see there's been progression with Danny. He needs to work hard in the gym this summer and get stronger, and start learning to use his body to defend the ball and make a nuisance of himself, but he's finding space now and just needs a few goals to find that confidence.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 25 Apr 2019 18:44

While both currently youngsters, I don't think a comparison between the current Novakovich and the current Loader is fair.

We shouldn't forget when Novakovich was 19 he was loaned out to Cheltenham in the Conference for an initial month, and didn't warrant an extension from his 4 appearances. At a year younger than that the consensus appears to be that Loader currently looks below championship level, with flashes of potential - lots on here think a goal could make a big difference to getting him settled following the big step up from youth/u23 football. If we did loan him out, it would certainly be above Conference level. At his age a year of physical growth can make a huge difference - at the extreme end of hot prospects, Moise Kean went from a solid 4 goals in 20 games last season as an 18 year old at Verona, bulked up over the summer and has now scored 7 in 12 league games for Juve, not looking out of place.

While he has scored some goals out in Holland, those leagues are notoriously hard to judge (Ajax's Champions League performances aside). Lots of players with much better records there never make the grade in 'top' leagues, and lower Eredivsie teams are probably closer to League 1 than Championship. Anyone expecting Novakovich to be an above average striker next season given significant gametime is very optimistic IMO.

I think Loader will get a good chance in the last 2 games, and finally he can feature in games without any pressure for results. He will still be young next season so I don't see the rush to decide his future right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2019 20:30

Fox Talbot
FiNeRaIn I love how we still believe we need to bulk our players up. The English solution? Eat a bunch of food and lift weights. Some of the best players in the championship and premier league are not big or bulky. If you are smart, technical, composed and have a good burst of pace or awareness for space you are more than fine. They don't put anywhere near the same emphasis in bulking players up in Spain or Germany and they do ok in producing players. I'd rather we sent him on loan to Europe than league one.

Too right. Joe Cole bulked up and was never the same again. David Silva stayed sevlte and magical.

It’s not so much a case of bulking up as just getting that bit stronger and better balance that comes with being that age. Don’t want him to come back next season built like a rugby player

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 25 Apr 2019 21:19

Hound
Fox Talbot

It’s not so much a case of bulking up as just getting that bit stronger and better balance that comes with being that age. Don’t want him to come back next season built like a rugby player

Tangentially, I remember an Anthony Joshua interview from his early 20's when he said he was looking forward to getting his "man strength" which was a pretty terrifying prospect considering how easily he had pummeled through his first 10 or so opponents.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Apr 2019 23:06

72 bus
The Enfield Royal71

How very dare you.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Apr 2019 05:51

Hound
Fox Talbot

.we may aswell just get his brother the rugby player instead.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2019 20:02

The Loader dynasty used to work together, Ben Loader is also a decent footballer, Athelete and (probably) Cricketer too.

At least one of the Loader boys will represent their country at a senior level during their careers for sure.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Apr 2019 20:39

I'll be honest at least. I said ages ago he wouldn't make it. I havnt changed my mind.....I just don't see enough in him.......can't remember if it was Leeds away where he had chances and didn't take them, but he just seemed to not have enough in his game.......then again he might come good.....
Keep or stay? I dunno.......