McShane leaves

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: McShane leaves

by Snowflake Royal » 12 May 2019 09:16

I've been very dismissive of and anti McShane the last few months.

But now he's no longer with us, I don't have to be frustrated and upset at him being on our books and no longer good enough. I don't have to worry about him being on the pitch and losing us points like Blackburn away.

Now he's no longer a problem for the now or future, I can appreciate the very positive contributions he made in the past.

I really don't know why people would dwell on the bad over the good now he's gone. The bad was rubbish enough to live through, why hold on to it now it's gone?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 May 2019 10:25

Snowflake Royal I've been very dismissive of and anti McShane the last few months.

But now he's no longer with us, I don't have to be frustrated and upset at him being on our books and no longer good enough. I don't have to worry about him being on the pitch and losing us points like Blackburn away.

Now he's no longer a problem for the now or future, I can appreciate the very positive contributions he made in the past.

I really don't know why people would dwell on the bad over the good now he's gone. The bad was rubbish enough to live through, why hold on to it now it's gone?

Namaste Ian.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2019 20:23

Hendo
biff Can't think of another player that let us down at crucial times as often as he did tbf. See ya.

Name all those times then. Or was this just a lazy throwaway comment because he isn’t the player he was 2 years ago?
ssshhh

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 May 2019 20:27

Wasn’t good enough for us/our style.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2019 20:32

hark at Hyacinth Bucket there

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 May 2019 17:36

Hendo
biff Can't think of another player that let us down at crucial times as often as he did tbf. See ya.

Name all those times then. Or was this just a lazy throwaway comment because he isn’t the player he was 2 years ago?

I'm convinced hair colour is a factor for some.
Barrow has let us down. So has Meite (yep, seen games where he did virtually nothing, or missed open goals, or couldn't even hit the target). Meyler let us down. Gunter has. Swift has. Blackett has. Aluko certainly has.
Anyway, I guess I'm done talking about McShane (and, of course, that Blackburn game). Wish him well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 May 2019 17:44

Denver Royal
Hendo

Barrow has let us down. So has Meite (yep, seen games where he did virtually nothing, or missed open goals, or couldn't even hit the target). Meyler let us down. Gunter has. Swift has. Blackett has. Aluko certainly has.
Anyway, I guess I'm done talking about McShane (and, of course, the Blackburn game). Wish him well.

You're so weird sometimes Denver.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 May 2019 18:09

Rea Ding
Denver Royal Good servant, and we got him on a free. Tired of hearing about the Blackburn game really. He made two bad tackles, and I'm sure he felt bad. He had a bad game, it happens. Age has caught up with him, time for him and us to move on. Wish him well.

This. Always gave his all, age has just caught up with him!

Zip Surprised at some of the hate for McShane. He was a hot head at times and you could see that with how he played at times.

However he was a decent centre back, albeit limited and gave us good service. He did a lot of off the field stuff too and did not complain when he didn’t get back in the side this season when recovered from injury.

I wish him well.

+1

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2019 19:07

and another + but still awaiting ‘Biff’ to convince me otherwise.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 14 May 2019 02:01

God we've got a long off season coming up if a few weeks in we're already onto whether hair colour affects people's perceptions of players.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 May 2019 10:04

Denver Royal
Hendo

Anyway, I guess I'm done talking about McShane (and, of course, that Blackburn game). Wish him well.

Individual fans have players that they instinctively like and players that they instinctively do not like, and honestly, at times there is no logic to it at all.

No player can get through a season (especially in a struggling team), without cocking up at times. But if you like the player you'll forgive and forget. And if you don't, you won't. What's more, you'll forget the things they did right as well as remembering what they did wrong.

Maybe there are some who have taken against McShane because of his hair colour. Or nationality. Or the boots he wears. Or his tattoos. Or his star-sign.

But equally, there will be other players who are on "hate-lists" for other reasons. Wears gloves with short sleeves. Dives into tackles. Doesn't dive into tackles. Interacts with fans on social media. Doesn't interact with fans on social media. Too cautious. Too gung-ho. No fight. Too aggressive. Doesn't defend team to referee. Moans to referee too much.

None of us are immune.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 May 2019 10:46

muirinho
Denver Royal
Hendo Name all those times then. Or was this just a lazy throwaway comment because he isn’t the player he was 2 years ago?

Individual fans have players that they instinctively like and players that they instinctively do not like, and honestly, at times there is no logic to it at all.

No player can get through a season (especially in a struggling team), without cocking up at times. But if you like the player you'll forgive and forget. And if you don't, you won't. What's more, you'll forget the things they did right as well as remembering what they did wrong.

Maybe there are some who have taken against McShane because of his hair colour. Or nationality. Or the boots he wears. Or his tattoos. Or his star-sign.

But equally, there will be other players who are on "hate-lists" for other reasons. Wears gloves with short sleeves. Dives into tackles. Doesn't dive into tackles. Interacts with fans on social media. Doesn't interact with fans on social media. Too cautious. Too gung-ho. No fight. Too aggressive. Doesn't defend team to referee. Moans to referee too much.

None of us are immune.

Completely agree - Gunter for example could put in 9 delicious crosses and they won't be mentioned, but he'll do one cross off the pitch and we'll have a 5 page discussion on Gunter's one bad cross. Obviously exaggerating, but you get the point

I do understand Denver's point to a certain degree that certain people do seem immune from criticism. However, he mentioned most players who are criticized on a regular basis (Gunter, Aluko, Swift, Blackett) so it sort of makes his point invalid

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 May 2019 12:51

Chameleon God we've got a long off season coming up if a few weeks in we're already onto whether hair colour affects people's perceptions of players.

Well at least he wasn’t talking about my 9 year old son.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 14 May 2019 14:01

URZZZZ
muirinho
Denver Royal I'm convinced hair colour is a factor for some.

None of us are immune.

Completely agree - Gunter for example could put in 9 delicious crosses and they won't be mentioned, but he'll do one cross off the pitch and we'll have a 5 page discussion on Gunter's one bad cross. Obviously exaggerating, but you get the point

I do understand Denver's point to a certain degree that certain people do seem immune from criticism.

Er, I never said anyone was immune from anything. I responded to McShane being the one player that has let us down more often than any other player (in our entire history?). I'm not convinced of that, but hey, it's all about opinions.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 May 2019 00:22

Denver Royal
URZZZZ
muirinho

None of us are immune.

I do understand Denver's point to a certain degree that certain people do seem immune from criticism.

Er, I never said anyone was immune from anything. I responded to McShane being the one player that has let us down more often than any other player (in our entire history?). I'm not convinced of that, but hey, it's all about opinions.

Sorry, misunderstood your point

I thought you were alluding to the fact McShane is over-criticized whereas others get away with it more. Understand what you mean now