Re: Pre season tour

by Notts Royal » 20 Jul 2019 20:42

Gary Hooper anyone?! :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 20:43

URZZZZ
windermereROYAL So excluding the 10 goals against the pub team its 2 goals in 5 games, and one of them was a pen.

Point taken but we have played some decent teams, whilst 50% of the time fielding a team full of youth

With the first XI games :

Defence has been on the whole solid, McIntyre has quite a bit to learn but that’s understandable

Midfield, it’s all well and good playing pretty football but when there’s no final ball, it all amounts to nothing

I want to see Nova up front in the first XI with McNulty given a chance. Loader and Meite aren’t strikers and I’m getting tired of watching them do nothing up top whilst him freezing out a natural goalscorer

But I don’t think we’re far away from achieving something. There has to be a link between the midfield and attack which were just not quite getting at the moment

I agree that Novakovich needs a chance with the first team in these friendlies. McNulty too but that means playing two up front as he cannot play the lone striker role. A bit unfair on Meite who scored some very good goals as a striker last season. He cannot do it without the service.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2019 20:46

Zip
URZZZZ
windermereROYAL So excluding the 10 goals against the pub team its 2 goals in 5 games, and one of them was a pen.

Point taken but we have played some decent teams, whilst 50% of the time fielding a team full of youth

Defence has been on the whole solid, McIntyre has quite a bit to learn but that’s understandable

Midfield, it’s all well and good playing pretty football but when there’s no final ball, it all amounts to nothing

I want to see Nova up front in the first XI with McNulty given a chance. Loader and Meite aren’t strikers and I’m getting tired of watching them do nothing up top whilst him freezing out a natural goalscorer

But I don’t think we’re far away from achieving something. There has to be a link between the midfield and attack which were just not quite getting at the moment

I agree that Novakovich needs a chance with the first team in these friendlies. McNulty too but that means playing two up front as he cannot play the lone striker role. A bit unfair on Meite who scored some very good goals as a striker last season. He cannot do it without the service.

Remember URZzz hates Meite. :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jul 2019 20:47

Zip
URZZZZ

His best performances came as a RW or a striker in a 5-3-2 formation. He doesn’t have the ability to play as a lone striker

I always thought McNulty could play the CAM role well. He finds pockets of space well and moves the ball on. Unfortunately we have many candidates for that position

For Peterborough I’d like to see a team of something like:

Virginia
Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
Blackett
Boadu
Rino
Meite/Olise
Olise/Swift
Barrow
Nova

Let Boadu and Nova have a chance in the first XI

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 20:55

Snowflake Royal
Zip
URZZZZ

Remember URZzz hates Meite. :lol:

Yes a definite feeling of deja vu.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 21:14

Apparently a Reading team including Popa and McNulty were involved in a 4-4 draw with QPR under 18’s today.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jul 2019 21:16

Zip Apparently a Reading team including Popa and McNulty were involved in a 4-4 draw with QPR under 18’s today.

Saw McNulty tweet about playing and scoring but didn’t know anything about it, where did you see that?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 21:29

URZZZZ
Zip Apparently a Reading team including Popa and McNulty were involved in a 4-4 draw with QPR under 18’s today.

Saw McNulty tweet about playing and scoring but didn’t know anything about it, where did you see that?

Zip jnr saw it on Talk Reading

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 Jul 2019 21:52

URZZZZ

Showcase game for scouts ...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jul 2019 09:10

super darren caskey Gomes needs to give Mcnulty a run out against peterborough but he wont

It was implied he refused to travel to Spain. Fcuk him if so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2019 09:43

Any relationship with McNulty is clearly broken, he needs to move on

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2019 10:10

Hound Any relationship with McNulty is clearly broken, he needs to move on

Yep. Shame.

Would really like to see Obita get at least 15 minutes against Posh. Plus Nova get a chance to play with the first XI.

If we leave the transfer window without having signed a decent proper midfielder I may try and make some of my money back betting on relegation.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 10:44

Platypuss
super darren caskey Gomes needs to give Mcnulty a run out against peterborough but he wont

I can see why he refused to go. He’s been treated pretty shabbily. Hardly given a chance upfront and then loaned out at the first opportunity and then isolated from the senior group on his return. Why would he then want to go on tour only to make up the numbers?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 10:44

Snowflake Royal

Yep. Shame.

Would really like to see Obita get at least 15 minutes against Posh. Plus Nova get a chance to play with the first XI.

If we leave the transfer window without having signed a decent proper midfielder I may try and make some of my money back betting on relegation.

Yep that’s how I see it. We really need Baker back or someone of similar ability.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jul 2019 10:53

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Yep. Shame.

Yep that’s how I see it. We really need Baker back or someone of similar ability.

Think Sergio Busquets will be a little bit out of our price range.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 21 Jul 2019 11:25

Zip
Platypuss

I can see why he refused to go. He’s been treated pretty shabbily. Hardly given a chance upfront and then loaned out at the first opportunity and then isolated from the senior group on his return. Why would he then want to go on tour only to make up the numbers?

Because it's his f*cking job? Refusing to tribal for pre-season should be a sacking offence. Imagine if you told your boss that you didn't fancy working for the next two weeks.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 11:43

Chameleon
Zip
Platypuss

Because it's his f*cking job? Refusing to tribal for pre-season should be a sacking offence. Imagine if you told your boss that you didn't fancy working for the next two weeks.

I thought someone would come back with this response. Yes it’s his job but in a normal workplace workers don’t get ostracised in the way in which McNulty has been. He is working btw and played for a Reading side yesterday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2019 12:04

He'd have a pretty good shout for constructive dismissal as a counter claim if we tried to sack him for refusing to tour.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jul 2019 12:12

Zip
Platypuss

So no point in playing him against Peterborough if he doesn't give enough of a shit.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 12:16

Platypuss
Zip
Platypuss

So no point in playing him against Peterborough if he doesn't give enough of a shit.

I would play him against Peterborough because it would be giving him a chance in the first team as opposed to going on the tour and playing with the youngsters in the reserves like Baldock has. Seems pointless to have taken Baldock on tour really.
I’m not keen on this isolation stuff. I can see why it’s been done but it’s also counter productive. If the player is a problem then fine. Isolate them. The likes of Gunter, GMac, Mannone etc are far from that.

603 posts