New sponsor- Confimred

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New sponsor

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jun 2019 00:13

genome

You should have passed it off as sarcastic but fair play for owning it. As well as the comp being sponsored like 80%+ of teams in the top two tiers are sponsored by betting firms or something.

Not to rub salt in the wounds or anything. :P

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2019 08:03

I still consider Courage to be our ‘real’ sponsor. Has any team ever had better words on their chests ? I guess maybe someone has been sponsored by Champion spark plugs or Winalot dog food ?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jun 2019 10:09

When we were sponsored by Carabao and we made a new signing they used to set up some Carabao cans as a teaser and in the publicity shots.

Wonder what we'll get with Casumo - A pile of those tiny pens you only see in the bookies perhaps?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 Jun 2019 10:35

Nameless I still consider Courage to be our ‘real’ sponsor. Has any team ever had better words on their chests ? I guess maybe someone has been sponsored by Champion spark plugs or Winalot dog food ?

Sorry mate. All surpassed by 'Durex' just for the lols.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2019 11:50

Tilehurstsouthbank
Nameless I still consider Courage to be our ‘real’ sponsor. Has any team ever had better words on their chests ? I guess maybe someone has been sponsored by Champion spark plugs or Winalot dog food ?

Palace fans all walking round with ‘Virgin’ on their replica shirts was amusing too. Must have made their trips to Brighton exciting.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jun 2019 12:03

Nameless
Tilehurstsouthbank

Palace fans all walking round with ‘Virgin’ on their replica shirts was amusing too. Must have made their trips to Brighton exciting.....

Weren't Brighton sponsored by Nobo?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New sponsor- Confirmed

by Hound » 28 Jun 2019 14:30

Confrimed on the main site. 2 year deal

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jun 2019 14:31

Hound Confrimed on the main site. 2 year deal

But the title says its "confirmed".. traditions are dying.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2019 14:31

The questi9n about sponsorship from betting firms wasn’t actually that daft....
I believe there can be no connection to youth sides or fans so none of the Academy ideas would wear the logo and in the same way kids shirts can’t have the Skybet league flashes the kids replica shirts couldn’t have the sponsor on .

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2019 14:36

I do find it a little odd that sponsors are happy to only sponsor the adult first team kit. Surely the majority of kits sold are kid’s ones?

Still must work for them being as so many advertise. How many people actually use these sites? I’m amazed there is so many

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jun 2019 14:40

Nameless The questi9n about sponsorship from betting firms wasn’t actually that daft....
I believe there can be no connection to youth sides or fans so none of the Academy ideas would wear the logo and in the same way kids shirts can’t have the Skybet league flashes the kids replica shirts couldn’t have the sponsor on .

The kid's replica shirts never had the Carabao logo on.

Norwich for example are sponsored by a betting firm but have a local trampoline park sponsoring the children's shirts. Perhaps we might do something similar.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 28 Jun 2019 14:51

What about having "Reading FC" across the front in the same font as the sponsor. A bit like a few years ago when Formula 1 wasnt allowed tobacco sponsorship in certain countries. Benson and Hedges became Bitten and Hisses

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jun 2019 14:56

Nameless The questi9n about sponsorship from betting firms wasn’t actually that daft....

Will be interesting to see what happens with Olise's shirt up to 18th birthday. Looking at photos from last season, his shirt's did not have the Sky Bet flashes on the sleeves, so can only assume he'll have to wear an unsponsored shirt if he plays.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Jun 2019 15:01

Hendo

Would expect just the wording to be on the shirts with the character to be on ad boards etc...

I hope so, the f*cking cow logo was b*llsh*t enough and spoilt the shirts, that crappy logo would send me into orbit.....

Any news on any sponsors on the back of the shirt?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2019 15:01

morganb

The kid's replica shirts never had the Carabao logo on.

Norwich for example are sponsored by a betting firm but have a local trampoline park sponsoring the children's shirts. Perhaps we might do something similar.

I believe there are also rules around energy drinks, There is / is going to be a ban on kids buying them and I believe there are advertising restrictions.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jun 2019 15:41

"As part of this new association with the club, Casumo’s brand will display their logo on the front of Reading’s first team and adult replica shirts until the summer of 2021."

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 28 Jun 2019 15:44

genome The Casumo Stadium has a nice ring to it.

Their logo has a character not unlike your avatar i.e. a large Japanese man with a bandage up the crack of his a*se

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jun 2019 15:45

Sutekh
"As part of this new association with the club, Casumo’s brand will display their logo on the front of Reading’s first team and adult replica shirts until the summer of 2021."

Just like the previous few years then.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Jun 2019 16:24

Sutekh

Think Im gonna cry!!!!!! :(

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jun 2019 17:17

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh

Think Im gonna cry!!!!!! :(

Why?