Nick Shorey joins Accademy as Scout

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nick Shorey joins Accademy as Scout

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jul 2019 20:48

Snowflake Royal I also find it bizarre how I make one passing comment on my personal opinion and suddenly half a dozen people are piling in.
well quite Ian

Some classify “bizarre” as being “precious”

:wink: no malice

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2019 09:04

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal I also find it bizarre how I make one passing comment on my personal opinion and suddenly half a dozen people are piling in.
well quite Ian

Nah, being precious is running off in a sulk because someone told you they think you're wrong.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jul 2019 10:12

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
well quite Ian

running off in a sulk
?? how bizarre

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Jul 2019 12:14

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
well quite Ian

Nah, being precious is running off in a sulk because someone told you they think you're wrong.

:|

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Jul 2019 12:15

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71
Yeah.

Shame on him for wanting more money and to better his career

I think Ian is the sort of person to never have had a job promotion because he is comfortable working gthe drive thru

Nope.

What a strange, barely related mini rant to try and insult you..

Christ I get not agreeing that a player who had his head turned equals he has a bad attitude but turning that into a personal dig at you is childish and odd.

I forget sometime when I disagree with you that you do put up with quite a lot of random crap like this on here. I've probably been guilty of it at some point.

:|

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Jul 2019 16:36

RoyalinBracknell the only thing that really matters is how good he is at his new role.

Yep. I'd have thought his contact with the first team would be minimal to none, so there'd be little chance of any personal attitude, good or bad, having any significance.

I just have to hope he does a good job picking out promising players, as that's an area we've been absolutely abysmal in for the last few years.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Jul 2019 11:32

The Enfield Royal71 ....our greatest ever left back and one of the best the league has ever seen.

One of the best the league has ever seen? Really? :lol:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 11:33

Hoop Blah
The Enfield Royal71 ....our greatest ever left back and one of the best the league has ever seen.

One of the best the league has ever seen? Really? :lol:

Yes.

Name 5 better ones

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 11:43

Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Ryan Bertrand, Ian Harte...
That's an instant 4 and three have played for us!

I'll assume you mean the Championship division of the English Football League rather than the entire English league. Otherwise I could name loads more comfortably.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Jul 2019 11:53

The Enfield Royal71 Yes.

Name 5 better ones

I can't, I'm under a water tight NDA.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 12:26

Snowflake Royal Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Ryan Bertrand, Ian Harte...

I'll assume you mean the Championship division of the English Football League rather than the entire English league. Otherwise I could name loads more comfortably.

I assume you are talking about Cole/Bridge/Harte/Bertrand in their entire careers and not just in the championship? Only Harte comes close to how good Shorey was for us in the championship.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 12:26

Hoop Blah
The Enfield Royal71 Yes.

Name 5 better ones

I can't, I'm under a water tight NDA.

It's because you can't and I am right

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 12:30

The Enfield Royal71

I assume you are talking about Cole/Bridge/Harte/Bertrand in their entire careers and not just in the championship? Only Harte comes close to how good Shorey was for us in the championship.

So let me get this straight . Shorey is one of the greatest left backs in the English second tier provided you ignore all the really good left backs who stepped down in their twilight and all the ones who stepped up before they reached their best, and if it's a full moon and you exclude anyone who wears red.

Ok. :lol:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 12:57

Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71

So let me get this straight . Shorey is one of the greatest left backs in the English second tier provided you ignore all the really good left backs who stepped down in their twilight and all the ones who stepped up before they reached their best, and if it's a full moon and you exclude anyone who wears red.

Ok. :lol:

I fail to see how you equate me saying he is one of the top 5 players in the Championship based on his form in that league to then you deciding to assume I mean every player who has ever played in the League even if they were terrible in it. That is non-sensical.

So if you tell me who the best ever Reading 11 was, you would say Daniel Carrico because he has won the Europa League multiple times with Sevilla? Which is what you are saying in that Cole was better because he won a crap ton of trophies.

You logic makes absolutely no sense :lol:

I get you need to be it for your job but this is an internet portal and You are ridiculously over-literal and dense mate. Its a tad laughable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 13:03

Is accusing someone of being too literal because you get called on crazy claims the new "I was fishing" excuse?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 13:22

Snowflake Royal Is accusing someone of being too literal because you get called on crazy claims the new "I was fishing" excuse?

It wasn't a crazy claim. You know I am right and you can't admit it.

You said that players who have played in the championship before they were top players or after (Ashley Cole) are better then Shorey was just in the Championship.

You are therefore saying Daniel Carrico is in our best ever 11.

If I DD you are LL

Literally Laughable

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2019 13:40

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Is accusing someone of being too literal because you get called on crazy claims the new "I was fishing" excuse?

You said that players who have played in the championship before they were top players or after (Ashley Cole) are better then Shorey was just in the Championship.

If I DD you are LL

Literally Laughable

Jeez, you don’t half talk some rubbish

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 14:37

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

If I DD you are LL

Literally Laughable

Jeez, you don’t half talk some rubbish

Thats 2 of you in the wrong camp then. I suppose this is another bashing session and if somebody else said it you would be sucking up to them.

I just can't believe you both think that Carrico would make our best ever 11 based on your LOLogic.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jul 2019 14:48

I understand what Enfield's saying.

If we go since the "formation" of the Championship in 2004 or whenever, then based on performances in the second tier I think Shorey would be up there with Fox, Baines, and young Gareth Bale. Probably a case for Bridge at Brighton.

Doubtless I've missed someone obvious.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 15:11

SCIAG I understand what Enfield's saying.

If we go since the "formation" of the Championship in 2004 or whenever, then based on performances in the second tier I think Shorey would be up there with Fox, Baines, and young Gareth Bale. Probably a case for Bridge at Brighton.

Doubtless I've missed someone obvious.

Thanks. Finally some sense.