Relegation watch

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation watch

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2019 12:50

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Hound Though still far less pointless and negative than writing another post solely to criticise (inevitably unnamed) other posters :wink:

I'm glad someone else has noticed.

Well, to be fair, most are aimed at you :lol:

It's the petty gutlessness of not having the balls to name the person he's having a dig at that gets me.

And how obsessed he is.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 Jul 2019 12:53

Reading FC have a lot of work to do before the transfer window ends on 8th August - less than 5 weeks now for "incoming" loan or permanent signings.

I am not sure of the wisdom of alienating the large group of senior payers that have been excluded as there is a good chance that some of them will not find another Championship club by 8th August and they might not fancy dropping down to League 1 and so we could end up being stuck with for another season.

If we sign some good incoming loan players and all the unwanted leave then things could look spectacularly better in 5 weeks but if not it could be a hard season ahead.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2019 13:00

andrew1957 Reading FC have a lot of work to do before the transfer window ends on 8th August - less than 5 weeks now for "incoming" loan or permanent signings.

I am not sure of the wisdom of alienating the large group of senior payers that have been excluded as there is a good chance that some of them will not find another Championship club by 8th August and they might not fancy dropping down to League 1 and so we could end up being stuck with for another season.

If we sign some good incoming loan players and all the unwanted leave then things could look spectacularly better in 5 weeks but if not it could be a hard season ahead.

Still plenty of time. We did a lot of good work in the January transfer window. We managed to do all our business inside a month back then so hopefully we can replicate that over the next month.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2019 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
paddy20
Agree with you on Reading. Not sure where some of the optimism is coming from. We just survived with 5 great loanees. At best maybe one to return. No money to spend and weighed down by a load of senior professionals that will be sitting out their contracts and with the threat of points deduction hanging over us. Only positives are Gomez and young players coming through but doubt the will be enough

Where is this threat of a points deduction? I must've missed the FA confirming they were looking into us? :roll:

We're very open about being close to FFP and needing to cut costs. The simplest glance at our last two years' accounts supports this.

We're open about having been in a soft transfer embargo.

If we breach FFP = points deduction. Pretty simple.

Considering we seem to have engaged the EFL and it’s down to the utter incompetence of one man pretty much, I’m sure the EFL would go fairly easy on us though

Really not much we can do if no one wants our players, and it’s be unfair to be forced to sell players at well below market value just to get under the 39m

As long as we play ball with the EFL, I doubt we’ll get a points deduction. Think Brum mainly got it through a) making a 2m signing when under the embargo and b) not selling Che Adams when offered 12m

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2019 13:03

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal I'm glad someone else has noticed.

Well, to be fair, most are aimed at you :lol:

It's the petty gutlessness of not having the balls to name the person he's having a dig at that gets me.

And how obsessed he is.

Yep but it’s all good because there is a :wink: at the end of it

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2019 13:44

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Where is this threat of a points deduction? I must've missed the FA confirming they were looking into us? :roll:

We're very open about being close to FFP and needing to cut costs. The simplest glance at our last two years' accounts supports this.

Considering we seem to have engaged the EFL and it’s down to the utter incompetence of one man pretty much, I’m sure the EFL would go fairly easy on us though

Really not much we can do if no one wants our players, and it’s be unfair to be forced to sell players at well below market value just to get under the 39m

As long as we play ball with the EFL, I doubt we’ll get a points deduction. Think Brum mainly got it through a) making a 2m signing when under the embargo and b) not selling Che Adams when offered 12m

Yeah, this ^^ Birmingham were done because they oxf*rd around even though they were in a bad position.

Plus it took weeks of FA investigation for Birmingham to be given the points deduction. I don't consider there to be a "threat" of a points deduction hanging over our heads right now, I would expect us to be a long way from that. Also adding in the new sponsorship deal.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Jul 2019 15:51

If we do get a points deduction we may aswell go play Fleetwood and Accrington now. We would be more buggered then a guy dropping the soap in prison.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jul 2019 15:53

The Enfield Royal71 If we do get a points deduction we may aswell go play Fleetwood and Accrington now. We would be more buggered then a guy dropping the soap in prison.

What if Fleetwood and Accrington drop down to league two?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Jul 2019 16:49

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71 If we do get a points deduction we may aswell go play Fleetwood and Accrington now. We would be more buggered then a guy dropping the soap in prison.

What if Fleetwood and Accrington drop down to league two?

They won't

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2019 16:56

Hendo
Hound
Snowflake Royal We're very open about being close to FFP and needing to cut costs. The simplest glance at our last two years' accounts supports this.

Yeah, this ^^ Birmingham were done because they oxf*rd around even though they were in a bad position.

Plus it took weeks of FA investigation for Birmingham to be given the points deduction. I don't consider there to be a "threat" of a points deduction hanging over our heads right now, I would expect us to be a long way from that. Also adding in the new sponsorship deal.

I agree we'll get some leeway, it is quite a one off issue, we have a scapegoat and we're trying hard. But I can also see the FL not having much wiggle room if we can't bring costs down much.

Fact is we are in danger of breaching FFP and we are therefore in danger of a points deduction. It may be relatively small danger, but it does clearly exist and we shouldn't lose sight of that.