CONFIMRED - Bod to Millwall.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Bod to Millwall.

by Denver Royal » 12 Jul 2019 19:12

Zip
Denver Royal
Zip This is my recollection too. Even when he did score it wasn’t enough for him to start in the following game.

Scored in 7 games for Stam, and started the next game 4 times.

My memory is good. I recalled him scoring against Hull late on in the game Obita was badly injured at the end. Next game v Millwall he was on the bench.

Yeah, didn't say it had never happened. Just that on 4 of 7 occasions it didn't.
Anyway, as he departs, my wider point (which seems to have been ignored), was the next 3 managers under-played him too, not that Stam hadn't.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jul 2019 19:13

Denver Royal
Zip
Denver Royal Scored in 7 games for Stam, and started the next game 4 times.

My memory is good. I recalled him scoring against Hull late on in the game Obita was badly injured at the end. Next game v Millwall he was on the bench.

Yeah, didn't say it had never happened. Just that on 4 of 7 occasions it didn't.
Anyway, as he departs, my wider point was the next 3 managers under-played him too, not that Stam hadn't.

You’re like a terrier yapping at someone’s heel Denver.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jul 2019 19:15

Denver Royal
Zip
Denver Royal Scored in 7 games for Stam, and started the next game 4 times.

Anyway, as he departs, my wider point (which seems to have been ignored), was the next 3 managers under-played him too, not that Stam hadn't.

It was ignored because it didn’t happen

Clement - started pretty much all games when available, injury aside

Gomes - yep, that’s one, but he was injured most of his reign so a bit misguided

Who’s the 3rd manager? Surely you’re not including Marshall or am I missing someone

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 12 Jul 2019 20:32

Brain Traysers
Mid Sussex Royal Actually was thinking the opposite, he is not good in the air for a big player (where the ball spends most of its time at Millwall) and his hold up play is generally poor ....yes he'll run all day but in all honesty he could have found a better club.

Yes I think he falls into the Peter Crouch category of being big, but actually better with his feet. Won only 37% of aerial duels in his time with us, although 43% of his 44 shots were headers, but only 3 (21%) of his goals were.

I think Nova will be his replacement as a 'sort of' plan B - slightly taller/more aerial presence but a long way from the traditional big lump of a centre forward. For comparison he won 43% of aerial duels last season (albeit in a a mostly inferior league), but only one of his 9 goals came via his head.

Yep, I've not seen him much myself, but hopefully with Bod leaving, Nova can be an aerial threat up front this season.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 12 Jul 2019 20:34

From my perspective showed a lot of promise and didn't deliver (See Pog)
A massive injury prone disappointment
Better off without him

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 12 Jul 2019 21:58

Royality creeps In From my perspective showed a lot of promise and didn't deliver (See Pog)
Better off without him

This really.

He had a good spell early last season and then got injured and never looked likely to do anything again. I wish him well at Millwall, but hope our fee doesn't depend on appearances.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 12 Jul 2019 22:26

Controversial opinion but one of the worst strikers we have had in 15 years. Terrible goal return and just not a consistent performer. Millwall can have him and get relegated any way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2019 08:51

muirinho
Denver Royal
John Madejski's Wallet A previous posters have said. Criminally underused by Stam.

In 2017, he started 1st game of season (for a playoff team) and got injured. Was essentially hampered by injury Aug thru Nov, but still played in 27 of 37 total games under Stam.
In actuality, he was unavailable for 7 of those 37 directly thru injury, basically missing Aug and Oct.
So, he played in 27 of the 30 Champ games he was available to Stam. (Also played in FA Cup 3rd Rd scoring hattrick)

Coming back from serious injury, played mostly as sub in Dec, which is basically the only time frame that I could criticize really. Again, unsure if he was completely fit, so maybe they were easing him back slowly.
Once fully fit, etc, starting in Jan, in Stam's last 10 games, he played 90, 90, 90, 63, 90, 90, 17, 90, 83 mins.

Exactly. So, saying he was criminally underused by Stam is total rubbish then. But of course, Stam is the current scapegoat manager, so I'm sure it's still his fault somehow.

Nope. Bod started 20 league games. Including subs with his starts is just misleading.

There was a substantial period where Bod was fit and back from his injury and despite his good scoring record Kermorgant was consistently started over him, despite not looking like he'd score at all and like he should have already retired. Kermorgant got 13 starts. At least half of those should have been Bod's at an absolutely crucial point in the season.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Jul 2019 10:04

We're going to have to find another Icelander from somewhere if we are going to do anything this season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jul 2019 10:07

Jack Celliers
Royality creeps In From my perspective showed a lot of promise and didn't deliver (See Pog)
Better off without him

This really.

He had a good spell early last season and then got injured and never looked likely to do anything again. I wish him well at Millwall, but hope our fee doesn't depend on appearances.

I can't disagree with this.

IN terms of minutes per goal seemed to do well, but never really inspired confidence when used as our main threat.

I'd have kept him as a 3rd or 4th striker though, a good option to have.

I just hope the freed wages and transfer fee are worth it to get someone else in.

I can see him doing ok for Millwall.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jul 2019 10:25

The Enfield Royal71 Controversial opinion but one of the worst strikers we have had in 15 years. Terrible goal return and just not a consistent performer. Millwall can have him and get relegated any way.

Are you trolling? Wasn't he statistically one of the best goal scorers we've had in the last god knows how many years?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2019 12:04

Jagermesiter1871
The Enfield Royal71 Controversial opinion but one of the worst strikers we have had in 15 years. Terrible goal return and just not a consistent performer. Millwall can have him and get relegated any way.

Are you trolling? Wasn't he statistically one of the best goal scorers we've had in the last god knows how many years?

It's DD so probably.

But it depends what one means by goal return. If it's scoring rate ie goals per game or minutes per goal, he's pretty darn good. If you're talking absolute numbers, he's very poor, but only because he didn't play enough through injury and selection.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 15 Jul 2019 12:11

Im talking numbers. If You are saying goals per minute is the basis of being a great striker you could say that the world's best striker is paco alcacer with a goal every 67 minutes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jul 2019 22:42

The Enfield Royal71 Im talking numbers. If You are saying goals per minute is the basis of being a great striker you could say that the world's best striker is paco alcacer with a goal every 67 minutes.

Well tbh any other metric is stupid. It's nigh on impossible to score when you're not playing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2019 23:05

Jagermesiter1871
The Enfield Royal71 Im talking numbers. If You are saying goals per minute is the basis of being a great striker you could say that the world's best striker is paco alcacer with a goal every 67 minutes.

Well tbh any other metric is stupid. It's nigh on impossible to score when you're not playing.

Nigh on?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 15 Jul 2019 23:10

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Nigh on?

Nigh is an old-fashioned word that can be used as an adjective or adverb to mean near or nearly. Something that is nigh impossible — like knitting a sweater in one night — will be very difficult to accomplish.

As an adjective, nigh is an older form of the word "near," both of which are rooted in the Old English word neah. People like to use the word nigh when they talk about the apocalypse: "Repent! The end is nigh." It's most common to use nigh today when you're trying to sound poetic or referencing the archaic or biblical uses of the word.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2019 23:13

Yeah, thanks Google, I'm well aware what it means.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jul 2019 09:58

Snowflake Royal Yeah, thanks Google, I'm well aware what it means.

We'll we've scored before without actually putting the ball in the net so didn't want to completely rule it out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2019 12:58

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Yeah, thanks Google, I'm well aware what it means.

We'll we've scored before without actually putting the ball in the net so didn't want to completely rule it out.

:lol:

Point. Definitely a point.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jul 2019 14:39

I haven't seen a more accurate post than this for quite some time. He was garbage.