Michael Olise new contract

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Michael Olise new contract

by Royals and Racers » 16 Jul 2019 09:38

Michael Olise has signed a 3 years pro contract with the Royals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVgMrB72mc

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Michael Olise new contract

by PistolPete » 20 Feb 2021 14:56

Can't find a general Micahel Olise thread - also can't find a 'how do you pronounce players name thread' :) So...

Pre match on Radio Berks, the players introduce themselves. Olise says "I'm Michael Ol-ees, I'm playing in midfield'

He literally says this pre recorded thing every time he plays. Why then, do Mick and Tim say:

O-Lee- Say

?

If he went to the trouble of calling Pele 'Judilson Gomes' surely he can go to the trouble of getting Olise right?

Unless I've misheard every time and I'm the twat

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2021 15:02

PistolPete Can't find a general Micahel Olise thread - also can't find a 'how do you pronounce players name thread' :) So...

Pre match on Radio Berks, the players introduce themselves. Olise says "I'm Michael Ol-ees, I'm playing in midfield'

He literally says this pre recorded thing every time he plays. Why then, do Mick and Tim say:

O-Lee- Say

?

If he went to the trouble of calling Pele 'Judilson Gomes' surely he can go to the trouble of getting Olise right?

It’s just a repeat of the same shoddy non journalism that you get in all walks of the mainstream media. Michael Olise does indeed say “O-Lees” in his introduction and I am fairly certain that of anyone he would be best placed to know how to pronounce it.

You get the same irritating mis-pronounciation from SKY.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2021 15:15

PistolPete Can't find a general Micahel Olise thread - also can't find a 'how do you pronounce players name thread' :) So...

O-Lee- Say

?

Tim just said he's asked Olise and was told Olisay.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 Feb 2021 15:17

Snowflake Royal

O-Lee- Say

?

Are we sure he actually asked Olise or did he mistake Olise for someone else like he does in commentary?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Feb 2021 15:18

Orion1871
Snowflake Royal

O-Lee- Say

?

Are we sure he actually asked Olise or did he mistake Olise for someone else like he does in commentary?

Boom.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2021 15:18

Orion1871
Snowflake Royal

O-Lee- Say

?

It's a good point. Could easily have been Richards.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1