Aeroguide

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Nigel Adkins

by Aeroguide » 10 Aug 2019 16:58

normal service resumed

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Aug 2019 16:59

Just finished watching the game on iFollow - god the commentary was dire by Glen and Tim ... those muppets really are clueless. Loved Glen as a player but as a commentator ...

Anyway, we were unlucky not to get anything out of that game against what looked like a pretty poor Hull side ... once again though our keeper looked poor for the first goal, and yes we were denied an obvious penalty - with VAR that would have been a definite. And we hit the cross bar and post. Big positives for me, Joao looks class and Swift and Richards both played well.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Aug 2019 17:01

Reckon we will be this seasons Ipswich 5 wins relegated by Easter.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Aug 2019 17:03

skipper Going back to the penalty shout, how close was it?
Is that 2 games in 2 we should have had a pen? Wondering if we're saving all our good luck for later in the season...

Yep, looked a trip to me. On another day it's given.
Slow start cost us, when we came out flat and disjointed (no surprise). Awful keeper mistake on 5 mins, can’t afford that, esp away. Encouraged by 2nd half performance.
On this showing, Jaoa and Puscas look good signings. Puscas very lively, good movement, you can see he has goals in him. Meite invisible 1st half, much better after.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 10 Aug 2019 17:03

The 2nd half sounded much more encouraging. A bit unfortunate striking the wood and we probably should have had a penalty.

24 fouls by Hull. Wednesday were very physical in the opener also. Is this how teams are going to play against us?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Aug 2019 17:04

44 games to go and we are down already, god I love our fans.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Aug 2019 17:06

Typical "generic_team go two down and then play well enough from then on to think there's hope just around the corner" performance

This type of moderate 'success' is a slow killer

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 17:06

A very poor result. With some very tough games coming up Gomes must get his team selections right. Virginia isn’t up to it.Rafael must start against Cardiff. I think Morrison should also start.We have to tighten up and stop conceding such soft goals.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Aug 2019 17:08

Zip A very poor result. With some very tough games coming up Gomes must get his team selections right. Virginia isn’t up to it.Rafael must start against Cardiff. I think Morrison should also start.We have to tighten up and stop conceding such soft goals.

So who do you drop to put Morrison in for? Moore who was at fault for not marking his man for 2nd goal?

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 10 Aug 2019 17:09

Royalwaster Just finished watching the game on iFollow - god the commentary was dire by Glen and Tim ... those muppets really are clueless. Loved Glen as a player but as a commentator ...

Anyway, we were unlucky not to get anything out of that game against what looked like a pretty poor Hull side ... once again though our keeper looked poor for the first goal, and yes we were denied an obvious penalty - with VAR that would have been a definite. And we hit the cross bar and post. Big positives for me, Joao looks class and Swift and Richards both played well.

If your watching from the U.K may I ask which vpn you are using on what setting?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 17:09

Royalwaster Just finished watching the game on iFollow - god the commentary was dire by Glen and Tim ... those muppets really are clueless. Loved Glen as a player but as a commentator ...

This is why VAR has to come in. It may slow the game down but it should ensure a greater number of correct decisions.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 17:11

Royalwaster
Zip A very poor result. With some very tough games coming up Gomes must get his team selections right. Virginia isn’t up to it.Rafael must start against Cardiff. I think Morrison should also start.We have to tighten up and stop conceding such soft goals.

So who do you drop to put Morrison in for? Moore who was at fault for not marking his man for 2nd goal?

Moore has made a poor start to the season but won’t be dropped. I would play three centre backs against a physical Cardiff side.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Aug 2019 17:11

Royalwaster Anyway, we were unlucky not to get anything out of that game against what looked like a pretty poor Hull side ... once again though our keeper looked poor for the first goal, and yes we were denied an obvious penalty - with VAR that would have been a definite. And we hit the cross bar and post. Big positives for me, Joao looks class and Swift and Richards both played well.

Yep, deserved a draw at least, 2nd half very encouraging, and very early doors and long way to go.
But you can't start away games like that in Champ.
Lacked a wide player, may regret selling Barrow.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Aug 2019 17:15

Game of margins, if we get the pen last week we could be 1-0 against 10 men, then another today instead of 0 points we could have 4 or 6. fukk the refs in this league.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 10 Aug 2019 17:21

Zip
Royalwaster

Moore has made a poor start to the season but won’t be dropped. I would play three centre backs against a physical Cardiff side.

I don't think you understand football. If we have no insurance Infront of the defence, they'll be opened up time and time again.

Poor from Gomes today, tactically.

He needs to learn away from home, and fast. Game was over after 20 mins.

Oh well, out in hull we go

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Aug 2019 17:22

sandman
URZZZZ For all the optimism of the squad I’m not sure. Ejaria flatters to deceive, Joao was far behind the pecking order at Wednesday, I don’t rate Meite,Swift blows too hot and cold, Pele struggled badly at Forest, Richards is league one level etc etc. To me, this team is too narrow, and even though Barrow was badly overrated, he was still a different option which I think we lack

You don't rate Meite. Why didn't you say something?

Must have let it slip. Blokes beyond woeful

retro royal

by retro royal » 10 Aug 2019 17:23

Like to see us play 3 CB and push Yiadom and Richards further up, sure it would suit us better. Obviously switch the Goalkeeper.

265 posts