Where will we finish?

209 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Where will we finish?

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2019 07:56

Much talk of a top half finish. From what I’ve seen, if we can keep players fit then this is a top 6 team all day long.

WestYorksRoyal

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Aug 2019 08:10

Oilroyal Much talk of a top half finish. From what I’ve seen, if we can keep players fit then this is a top 6 team all day long.

I hope so. I stuck £30 on it at 16-1 the day after the window closed.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2019 08:23

WestYorksRoyal
Oilroyal Much talk of a top half finish. From what I’ve seen, if we can keep players fit then this is a top 6 team all day long.

I actually put money on for automatic ... but don’t tell anyone.

Hound
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hound » 22 Aug 2019 11:04

got 4 games that on paper look winnable coming up now after a tough start. Then another little tough patch, and then if the early season table looks correct, a November and December where we could really rack up some points.

Reckon if we're top half going into November, then the POs could be a reasonable target

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2019 13:04

Oilroyal
WestYorksRoyal

Well I put money on us being so good we're promoted to play the rest of the season in the PL come January.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2019 13:17

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal
WestYorksRoyal I hope so. I stuck £30 on it at 16-1 the day after the window closed.

Well I put money on us being so good we're promoted to play the rest of the season in the PL come January.

yeah but you operate on a totally different level Ian

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Aug 2019 13:31

WestYorksRoyal

I still managed to get 10/1 for top 6 after the Cardiff game. Thought that was worth a shot as it would pay £660 for £60. You never know I might win back my losses for making a big bet we would finish top half in the 2017/18 season after we lost the play offs. I remember I could not believe the odds were so good for a top 12 finish that season when we had been 3rd the season before. Just goes to show that the bookies normally get it right!

krapmle

by krapmle » 24 Aug 2019 10:10

been watching reading for over 50 years and have seen quite a range of teams. Awful to brilliant.

This team are generating excitement already which is good but its still too early to say in my opinion. There are some really promising signs but there are also some very worrying ones. Short corners and goalkicks where we play ourselves straight into trouble belong in Sunday league football and not at this level.

If they can sort that out quickly and all the new goal scorers start firing on all cylinders some of you may win some money.
At the moment the inconsistencies still concern me and I would go for mid table.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Aug 2019 19:17

What strikes me with this team is the clear style which has been implemented and is being enjoyed by the players. We tried the 4-3-3 for what, 3yrs? We never quite mastered it. Or adapted when things weren’t going well.

At some point we’ll be ‘scouted out’ but what is great to see, is that each and every position knows their role; and each player puts their all in to getting back and taking one for the team.

The new signings are characters - from Rafael ‘Grace be to God’ Cabral to George ‘Don’t oxf*rd with me’ Puscas. They seem to have that extra something in them to believe we are contenders in the division.

I said 18th before the season began. Without getting too carried away if we can get another good result before the international break I’m now going with top 6 - what will then be key is if we can keep important players like Morrison and Rafael in good shape till May.

Come on URZZ

209 posts