CONFIMRED - Lucas Boye

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: CONFIMRED - Lucas Boye

by Kitsondinho » 02 Aug 2019 12:18

Wycombe Royal If he is to be used more on the left wing, then it frees up Barrow to play centrally more frequently. Also adds more fluidity to our front line with most of the players being able to play anywhere across the attacking positions.

This was exactly what I thought. Hopefully means Loader or Nova get played as the main striker too....exciting times. Quietly confident about this season now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2019 12:19

We have an option to make the deal permanent as well.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 02 Aug 2019 12:24

If he really was being valued at 7.5mill and is in the last year of his contract then someone has worked some serious business to get this season long loan to happen. Well done to the club*

*Unless of course we paid a loan fee of 7.5mill and contractually have to play him in every game. :wink:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Aug 2019 12:31

Whats has assist record like? because 14 goals in 159 career appearances is meh.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Aug 2019 12:34

'It will be interesting to see how he combines with fellow Argentine Ezequiel Ponce in Athens.'

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 12:37

Interesting to see what happens with him. Does Gomes want him as the big guy to lead the line and hold the ball up?

Does Gomes want to play two big rough diamonds wide in Boye and Meite for the big diagonal outball and to bully full backs attacking the far post? Would that mean Barrow upfront? In behind the striker? On his way out?

What does it mean for Loader, Olise, Barrett and Nova?

This guy certainly seems like a combative physical presence.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 02 Aug 2019 12:46

so hang on, he was on Loan at AEK Athens, and by all accounts is a 'hot prospect' being looked at by Boro and other clubs

and AEK Athens recently signed Nelson Oliveira, who was on loan to us supposedly with an agreement to sign permanently....

I wonder.... :wink:

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 12:49

Snowflake Royal Interesting to see what happens with him. Does Gomes want him as the big guy to lead the line and hold the ball up?

Does Gomes want to play two big rough diamonds wide in Boye and Meite for the big diagonal outball and to bully full backs attacking the far post? Would that mean Barrow upfront? In behind the striker? On his way out?

:roll:

He plays as a winger and has been signed as a winger.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Aug 2019 12:54

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 02 Aug 2019 13:12

Looks like a quality signing , and judging from the YouTube clips, has abit of the Glenn Little's about him -

Well played RFC

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Aug 2019 13:13

Who is he?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Aug 2019 13:14

StellaPlease
Snowflake Royal Interesting to see what happens with him. Does Gomes want him as the big guy to lead the line and hold the ball up?

Yes this post doesn't really fit Ians narrative of players who only play in one position.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2019 13:18

WestYorksRoyal I assume tomorrow is too soon for him.

My biggest concern is things like cultural adaptation to Championship and language barrier with rest of the squad. Manage that well and it looks like a very exciting signing.

he's played in Argentina, Spain, Italy and Greece by the age of 23. If anyone can adapt, hopefully it would be him

Guessing he'd be able to communicate pretty fluently with the Portugese staff which helps

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 13:18

The Enfield Royal71
StellaPlease

Yes this post doesn't really fit Ians narrative of players who only play in one position.

I assume you mean snowflake?
I think he over analyses things.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2019 13:20

My biggest concern is things like cultural adaptation to Championship and language barrier with rest of the squad. Manage that well and it looks like a very exciting signing.

He’s Brazilian isn’t he ? So speaks Portuguese ? We must have someone at the club who will understand him ?

Ok, so he’s Argentinian, Jose speaks Spanish and Greek so still ok !
Last edited by Nameless on 02 Aug 2019 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2019 13:23

StellaPlease

Ian is correct. The player himself says he can play as a centre forward or out wide. Similar to Meite in that respect.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Aug 2019 13:24

Nameless

He’s Brazilian isn’t he ? So speaks Portuguese ? We must have someone at the club who will understand him ?

Argentinian, and I think Spanish is the language there....

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 13:30

Zip
StellaPlease

Ian is correct. The player himself says he can play as a centre forward or out wide. Similar to Meite in that respect.

He can, yes. But like barrow, he is a winger that, at a stretch, can play in another position.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 02 Aug 2019 13:35

Zip
StellaPlease

...or indeed every single goalkeeper that I've ever come into contact with (why do they always think they're good upfront?)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Aug 2019 14:29

StellaPlease
The Enfield Royal71
StellaPlease

I assume you mean snowflake?
I think he over analyses things.

Are you not Kes?