2019/20 Injury Watch

122 posts
bagman

Re: 2019/20 Injury Watch

by bagman » 12 Feb 2020 12:32

Long just signed a new contract at Southampton. New agent must work !!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Feb 2020 12:41

URZZZZ Gunter out for four weeks minimum. Bit of a blow for him because unless Yiadom gets injured again/suspended, can’t see him losing the shirt again this season

Wonder how this will affect his chances of getting a new contract. Yiadom is always solid and if Araruna impresses they might decide to let him go.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2020 13:21

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Gunter out for four weeks minimum. Bit of a blow for him because unless Yiadom gets injured again/suspended, can’t see him losing the shirt again this season

Wonder how this will affect his chances of getting a new contract. Yiadom is always solid and if Araruna impresses they might decide to let him go.

Don’t think it’ll effect his chances on whether Reading will offer him a new contract or not. IMO he’s already done enough to be offered a new deal if the club so wish

Who would have the shirt next season would more than likely be dependant on how the players concerned perform in preseason anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2020 13:26

So Howe would have been one Yiadom setback from playing every week then.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2020 13:29

Snowflake Royal So Howe would have been one Yiadom setback from playing every week then.

Or maybe not given Araruna’s arrival

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2020 17:20

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal So Howe would have been one Yiadom setback from playing every week then.

Or maybe not given Araruna’s arrival

I'm assuming Howe leaving was linked with Araruna arriving tbh.

He certainly looks nothing like what I'd expect a Championship DM to look physically. Though I spose Jem was short and slight too.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Feb 2020 13:55

midfielder Pele is set to miss next week's trip to high flying Leeds United in the Championship.

The Monaco loanee is out of today's (Saturday) trip to Sheffield Wednesday and joins an ever-increasing injury list at Royals.

BerkshireLive can reveal the 28-year-old has picked up injuries to his groin and Achilles over the past week and faces at least a week on the sidelines.

Key players such as Lucas Joao (hamstring), Matt Miazga (ankle) and Chris Gunter (groin) are all some way from returning while Tom McIntyre, Jordan Obita and Lucas Boye are also all sidelined.

Winger Garath McCleary is ill which puts the absentee list at eight going into the clash with the Owls at Hillsborough.

From https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-17754496

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2020 14:17

morganb midfielder Pele is set to miss next week's trip to high flying Leeds United in the Championship.

The Monaco loanee is out of today's (Saturday) trip to Sheffield Wednesday and joins an ever-increasing injury list at Royals.

BerkshireLive can reveal the 28-year-old has picked up injuries to his groin and Achilles over the past week and faces at least a week on the sidelines.

Key players such as Lucas Joao (hamstring), Matt Miazga (ankle) and Chris Gunter (groin) are all some way from returning while Tom McIntyre, Jordan Obita and Lucas Boye are also all sidelined.

Winger Garath McCleary is ill which puts the absentee list at eight going into the clash with the Owls at Hillsborough.

From https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-17754496

Well at least Garath should be back for the Leeds trip.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2020 16:08

Miazga has an outside chance of making the Sheff U game

João is unlikely to be available before the next international break which effectively means April

Boye and Gunter are probably also not going to be available much before the next international break

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2020 17:31

Sutekh Miazga has an outside chance of making the Sheff U game

João is unlikely to be available before the next international break which effectively means April

Boye and Gunter are probably also not going to be available much before the next international break

Positive
Bums
Partridge gif
Shame.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Mar 2020 17:35

Baldock has a slight calf strain.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Mar 2020 13:48

From Bowen's presser this lunchtime:

-Lucas Joao took part in full training
-Chris Gunter and Sam Baldock also both available
-Tom McIntyre still out

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Mar 2020 13:53

Hendo From Bowen's presser this lunchtime:

-Tom McIntyre still out

No need to rush Joao back now, should try and ease him in gently

Boye has also gone to Italy for his injury, not sure that's totally logical

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Mar 2020 13:59

URZZZZ

-Tom McIntyre still out

Agreed re: Joao, happy for him to sit out a little bit longer and then maybe start getting back into games towards the end of the month/early April.

I'd suggest that is the last we have seen of Mr Boye.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Mar 2020 14:23

Hendo
URZZZZ

Agreed re: Joao, happy for him to sit out a little bit longer and then maybe start getting back into games towards the end of the month/early April.

It's quite damning for Loader that even with Baldock and Joao both injured, he still doesn't make the 18 man squad, Bowen choosing to have no strikers on the bench instead

Suspect we've seen the last of him too

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Mar 2020 14:51

URZZZZ
Hendo
URZZZZ

It's quite damning for Loader that even with Baldock and Joao both injured, he still doesn't make the 18 man squad, Bowen choosing to have no strikers on the bench instead

Yep, hopefully he career doesn't go into nothingness as he obviously has something about him and is still so young. But I would agree his time at Reading is done, just wasn't meant to be.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Mar 2020 15:20

Hendo
URZZZZ
Hendo

Yep, hopefully he career doesn't go into nothingness as he obviously has something about him and is still so young. But I would agree his time at Reading is done, just wasn't meant to be.

Turn the clock back 6 or 7 months and some on here were suggesting that if he were sold we would receive millions.
A player who will find his niche somewhere but, rightly or wrongly, I got the impression that he felt entitled just because of a few young age England caps.
There are plenty who thought they had arrived because of similar and ended up on the road to nowhere.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Mar 2020 15:31

South Coast Royal
Hendo
URZZZZ

Turn the clock back 6 or 7 months and some on here were suggesting that if he were sold we would receive millions.
A player who will find his niche somewhere but, rightly or wrongly, I got the impression that he felt entitled just because of a few young age England caps.
There are plenty who thought they had arrived because of similar and ended up on the road to nowhere.

If we had sold him last year, I think the offer was 6 or 7 million?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Mar 2020 15:57

Hendo
South Coast Royal
Hendo

Really?
Wasn't that the same fake story as £10 million offered by Brighton for Moore the previous year?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Mar 2020 16:01

South Coast Royal
Hendo
South Coast Royal

Really?
Wasn't that the same fake story as £10 million offered by Brighton for Moore the previous year?

No, it was the Wolves story. I can't remember the exact amount but the owner blocked it, it was pretty much done and dusted if I remember correctly.

EDIT - here is the thread - https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

122 posts