219 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: CONFIMRED - Rafael Cabral

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 10:53

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
And the other 9 players, of course

No it was pretty much just those two who got us to the heights we did that season. The others played at their level, Al-Habsi and Yann were way above expectations.

Did you go to any of the games?

Hmm, I seem to remember Danny Williams having a few stand-out games, McShane was excellent and Swift was playing at the same level he currently is.

All of them played at the level they are capable of and Al-Habsi and Yann were way above their normal level.

Glad you agree.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2020 10:55

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Along with Kemorgant he got us into a playoff final, John.

No it was pretty much just those two who got us to the heights we did that season. The others played at their level, Al-Habsi and Yann were way above expectations.

Many people seem to forget that Kermorgant only had 9 goals until the latter stages of the season, where he then went on a purple patch, scoring
9 in the last 9 games. Infact, some were even calling for him to be dropped through various stages of the season and wanted Grabban as the main striker

Only a moronic person could argue two players carried us to where we finished

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 10:56

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Many people seem to forget that Kermorgant only had 9 goals until the latter stages of the season, where he then went on a purple patch, scoring
9 in the last 9 games. Infact, some were even calling for him to be dropped through various stages of the season and wanted Grabban as the main striker

So because he scored a lot of late goals near the end of the season it doesn't matter? Wow, thats thick even for you.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2020 10:57

every
oxf*rd
day

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2020 10:58

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews No it was pretty much just those two who got us to the heights we did that season. The others played at their level, Al-Habsi and Yann were way above expectations.

Hmm, I seem to remember Danny Williams having a few stand-out games, McShane was excellent and Swift was playing at the same level he currently is.

All of them played at the level they are capable of and Al-Habsi and Yann were way above their normal level.

Glad you agree.

Although Yann scored 15 in 38 for Bournemouth just 2 years before so I don't know if it was way above expectations. He also had a few decent seasons at Charlton before that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2020 10:58

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews No it was pretty much just those two who got us to the heights we did that season. The others played at their level, Al-Habsi and Yann were way above expectations.

So because he scored a lot of late goals near the end of the season it doesn't matter? Wow, thats thick even for you.

why do you need to be so rude to everyone

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2020 10:59

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

No OMA. Try again

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 11:01

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

See the post I replied to, I was called names by Urzzz. He started it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2020 11:02

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews So because he scored a lot of late goals near the end of the season it doesn't matter? Wow, thats thick even for you.

See the post I replied to, I was called names by Urzzz. He started it.

:| are you 7? sort of thing my daughter would say.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2020 11:02

EVERY DAY

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2020 11:03

genome EVERY DAY

Cue the OMA “sniping from the sideline” comment

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 11:12

URZZZZ
genome EVERY DAY

Cue the OMA “sniping from the sideline” comment

Well sadly you get away with it thanks to people like Genome.

You were incorrect in what you said regarding the team that got us to the playoff final, it was a two man operation that season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2020 11:16

Just, how do you have the energy to do this everyday? Is your need to be right and prove everybody else wrong that desperate?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 11:17

genome Just, how do you have the energy to do this everyday? Is your need to be right and prove everybody else wrong that desperate?

No it is a debate about football, its what a forum is for. Different opinions.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2020 11:23

Old Man Andrews
genome Just, how do you have the energy to do this everyday? Is your need to be right and prove everybody else wrong that desperate?

Not sure how many I times I need to say this:

It's not what you're saying, it's how you talk to other people.

This is coming from someone who does actually generally like you; I don't want you to be banned or anything. You just really need to reflect on your demeanour around here and the way you participate in discussions. When nigh on everybody is telling you there's a problem, it's time to look inwards.

And that's the last I'll say on the matter because I can't have the same conversation with you every single day.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2020 11:38

Hendo
John Smith
Hendo
Would've thought that AAH got one?

I wouldn't have. He was dreadful.

Well he was nominated for a PotM in November 2016, was in the EFL Championship Team of the Season for 2016-17 and was POTS for Reading in a season where we finished 3rd, so yeah, dreadful.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's one I stand by. A nice guy off the pitch, without doubt, but on it he was a lettuce-handed flapper who made Heurelho Gomes look like a safe pair of hands. The comedic errors against Man United (a) and QPR (h) are just two examples.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2020 11:39

John Smith
Hendo
John Smith I wouldn't have. He was dreadful.

Well he was nominated for a PotM in November 2016, was in the EFL Championship Team of the Season for 2016-17 and was POTS for Reading in a season where we finished 3rd, so yeah, dreadful.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's one I stand by. A nice guy off the pitch, without doubt, but on it he was a lettuce-handed flapper who made Heurelho Gomes look like a safe pair of hands. The comedic errors against Man United (a) and QPR (h) are pretty much the only two examples.

edited for you

waits for OMA to arrive and agree with john smith and call everyone else a pcunt
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 09 Jan 2020 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2020 11:42

John Smith
Hendo
John Smith I wouldn't have. He was dreadful.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's one I stand by. A nice guy off the pitch, without doubt, but on it he was a lettuce-handed flapper who made Heurelho Gomes look like a safe pair of hands. The comedic errors against Man United (a) and QPR (h) are just two examples.

Wow, how bad must've the other 23 teams keepers to play in the Championship that year been?

I don't think he was our best keeper, would put him behind Hahnemann, Federici and McCarthy. But to describe him as dreadful is pretty far of the mark.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Jan 2020 11:46

genome
Old Man Andrews

Not sure how many I times I need to say this:

It's not what you're saying, it's how you talk to other people.

This is coming from someone who does actually generally like you; I don't want you to be banned or anything. You just really need to reflect on your demeanour around here and the way you participate in discussions. When nigh on everybody is telling you there's a problem, it's time to look inwards.

And that's the last I'll say on the matter because I can't have the same conversation with you every single day.

Hey OMA, you know we get on.

And you know I blocked you for ages, until I decided you're not that bad.

genome has a point here buddy. You're not a bad chap and your contributions are always worthwhile whether people agree or not. Just think about wording things differently and you'll be fine. Don't take it personally when people disagree.

You're not the only one but some (like Ian - sorry but it's true you weren't too dissimilar, I just never blocked you) changed their ways over the years and are much more pleasant to disagree with now and have a good friendly debate.

Perhaps it's time everybody just resets: it's been a difficult time with f**king Brexit and f**king Trump and emotions are running high. Draw a line under it all and start afresh. This means noone jumping on everything OMA says too, it's not fair on him either.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 11:50

Hislop
Martinez
McCarthy
Hahnemann
Al-Habsi
Federici
Mannone
Whitehead
Mihaylov