CONFIMRED - Puscas

213 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Puscas

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 09:35

NotARacist
Nameless
TBM Do we know how much the Casumo deal was worth?

Maybe they would just sell the naming rights to the stadium next season if we’re struggling to balance the books?!

Can we sell the rights ? We don’t own the stadium.....

Who owns the stadium?

Dai Yonnge’s company bought it. He could sell the naming rights but whether that money could be funnelled back into the club and recognised as revenue for FFP I don’t know.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 09:43

Gomes will now be under huge pressure to deliver. There seems little doubt our owners want promotion this season. I hope Low asks questions today about the affordability of all of this. To take a gamble on FFP by signing Puscas would be irresponsible.

It is going to be fascinating to see what formation Gomes now plays. Will he play two upfront in Puscas and Joao?
On paper we now have a strong squad that should be aiming for top six but whether Gomes can make this gel quickly really remains to be seen.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2019 09:45

@ChronCourtney

Told Puscas deal is all but done, subject to medical. £18k a week. Structured deal. £2m upfront, rising to just shy of £8m in total (including promotion/bonus payments etc). Hope they’ve got a bit left over for a Howe statue. #readingfc
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 07 Aug 2019 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 09:55

Less than 20k a week. I’ve no doubt that’s about the same as Gunter and co, maybe even less

If he is decent it’s a steal even at up to 8m (spread over 5 years). Considering Brizzle have paid 8m for Tomas Kalas for example.

This is no Gourlay signing. It’s not paying top whack for an expensive older player with no resell.

It might not work out of course, but I don’t think it’s irresponsible. It’s a educated gamble on a highly rated young striker

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 10:14

Hound Less than 20k a week. I’ve no doubt that’s about the same as Gunter and co, maybe even less

If he is decent it’s a steal even at up to 8m (spread over 5 years). Considering Brizzle have paid 8m for Tomas Kalas for example.

This is no Gourlay signing. It’s not paying top whack for an expensive older player with no resell.

It might not work out of course, but I don’t think it’s irresponsible. It’s a educated gamble on a highly rated young striker

Agreed it’s no Gourlay signing Houndy. This looks like a very good deal for a young international striker who looks like he could go a long way. If we pull this deal off and remain within FFP it looks like a great window.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 10:50

This is all a bit surreal.

We just signed a forward for fairly big money by our standards. If we sign Puscas also for big money, surely one of them will be upset.

Unless he plans on playing a different system or Puscas behind the striker.

Thought they would have just gone for Ejaria.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Aug 2019 11:09

Far too much worrying going on here about FFP and how good these signings will be.

Firstly FFP is something that the club is fully aware of and we have to trust Howe on this-it's not as if he is new, inexperienced or a bullshitter.

Secondly, the Gomes signings last season were all a success so we have no reason to believe that most of these won't be.

Thirdly, the only youngster that looks almost ready to play at this level is Olise (I am far from convinced about Barrett or Loader being anywhere near ready nor Nova) and possibly McIntyre, so good on Gomes for wanting to get in players that he thinks are ready.

All we need now is confirmation about the keeper-have we got him?- and for me, I would like another left-back and we really might have a squad that could get us to the higher reaches of the division rather than the lower reaches which looked more likely until this flurry.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 11:13

Victor Meldrew Far too much worrying going on here about FFP and how good these signings will be.

Firstly FFP is something that the club is fully aware of and we have to trust Howe on this-it's not as if he is new, inexperienced or a bullshitter.

Secondly, the Gomes signings last season were all a success so we have no reason to believe that most of these won't be.

Thirdly, the only youngster that looks almost ready to play at this level is Olise (I am far from convinced about Barrett or Loader being anywhere near ready nor Nova) and possibly McIntyre, so good on Gomes for wanting to get in players that he thinks are ready.

All we need now is confirmation about the keeper-have we got him?- and for me, I would like another left-back and we really might have a squad that could get us to the higher reaches of the division rather than the lower reaches which looked more likely until this flurry.

The keeper, Rafael, was the first player announced last night.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 11:22

Birmingham fans pretty bitter about it. One or two saying that our owners and theirs are rivals and we've tried to one up them by signing him. Explains the Morrison signing as well to be honest.

Few suggesting that Gomes knew nothing of the Morrison signing. He did seem pretty pissed off on the Spain trip.

Not sure how much Gomes and Howe have to do with this one either.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 11:29

well we've been interested in him since 2015, so he might not be a gomes signing, but it happens in football, i will not begrudge a owner wanting to sign a player or two. The problem comes if the owner then starts putting pressure on the manager to play him

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 11:36

StellaPlease Birmingham fans pretty bitter about it. One or two saying that our owners and theirs are rivals and we've tried to one up them by signing him. Explains the Morrison signing as well to be honest.

Few suggesting that Gomes knew nothing of the Morrison signing. He did seem pretty pissed off on the Spain trip.

I very much doubt he'll be unhappy with either signing though. Highly rated forward and experience head at the back

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2019 11:42

According to CF Brum hadn`t given up on this as of last night, but he`s still coming here, I wont be convinced until it`s confirmed. but that`s just me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 11:52

There is a 42 page thread on a Birmingham City messageboard on Puscas. They are horrified he would chose us over them. Talk about delusional. Birmingham are perennial under-achievers who have achieved oxf*rd all in their history.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Aug 2019 11:52

StellaPlease Birmingham fans pretty bitter about it. One or two saying that our owners and theirs are rivals and we've tried to one up them by signing him. Explains the Morrison signing as well to be honest.

Plenty of saltiness here (42 pages and counting....):

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2716258,page=1

Tinpot bingo in full swing, natch.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2019 11:55

A bit much for a team that are not even the biggest club in their own city.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Aug 2019 11:57

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless
Can we sell the rights ? We don’t own the stadium.....

Who owns the stadium?

Dai Yonnge’s company bought it. He could sell the naming rights but whether that money could be funnelled back into the club and recognised as revenue for FFP I don’t know.

I think people can relax. You don't get to be as immensely rich and successful as our owners without being very smart and having plenty of very smart people working with/for your. I imagine working within (around) FFP is pretty similar to coming up with/working with tax avoidance (legal as opposed to tax evasion that's illegal) schemes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 12:00

windermereROYAL A bit much for a team that are not even the biggest club in their own city.

At least they have a city.
We’re the only club in our village......

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Aug 2019 12:14

Have to say I'm not 100% on this one.
He looks/feels a bit too Pogrebnyak-ish for my liking.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 12:24

Platypuss

Plenty of saltiness here (42 pages and counting....):

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2716258,page=1

Tinpot bingo in full swing, natch.

Why are we so tin pot to most clubs though? Do they still see us as division 3/4 yo-yo club? Birmingham aren't even a big club, they're just in a big city.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 12:27

Platypuss Have to say I'm not 100% on this one.
He looks/feels a bit too Pogrebnyak-ish for my liking.

Pog was a personal vanity signing by Anton. I can’t see the Yongges picking a somewhat obscure Romanian player in the same way. If they wanted to make a statement then Rooney might have been more likely, or Gary Cahill. Without having seen Puscas he looks more like a clever investment that we should be able to make a decent profit on in 12 months time

213 posts