CONFIMRED - Puscas

213 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Puscas

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 07:05

Old Man Andrews As I exclusively revealed earlier the transfer is now confirmed. All the men in their 30's and 40's acting like children on social media can now calm down.

:lol:

I think we have the worlds most embarrassing social media accounts.

'AnNoUnCe PuScAs So I cAn gO To BeD'

Utter embarrassing to even read.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Puscas

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 07:06

Nameless
StellaPlease He won't, he's always favoured a 1 up top.

Just because he signed two, doesn't mean he'll play both hence his comments. It just gives him more options.

We didn’t play one up front on Saturday, or against Peterborough.

Have you just started watching football etc etc

It's that thick racist Kes.

If it ain't Chelsea, he doesn't know.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 07:23

I loved his interview. Great enthusiasm and spoke fluent English which I didn't know. Should make settling in much easier.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2019 07:27

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews As I exclusively revealed earlier the transfer is now confirmed. All the men in their 30's and 40's acting like children on social media can now calm down.

Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 07:27

We’ve made two signings that have cost money. Both are spread over a long period of time and both have good re-sell value

The figures really aren’t huge by champ standards

We’ve shed a huge number of players in the past 6 months. Don’t think there is a huge amount to be worried about

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 07:28

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71

Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

Pair of you really should stop worrying about Twitter. Everyone knows it’s full of absolute muppets

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 07:38

Good to see he speaks decent English - will help him settle no doubts

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 07:51

Hound
Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71

Pair of you really should stop worrying about Twitter. Everyone knows it’s full of absolute muppets

Who said we are worrying?

Im just ashamed to be associated to a team with a social media account full of absolute wet wipes and babies.

Facebook is just as bad.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 07:51

The Enfield Royal71
Nameless
StellaPlease He won't, he's always favoured a 1 up top.

Just because he signed two, doesn't mean he'll play both hence his comments. It just gives him more options.

We didn’t play one up front on Saturday, or against Peterborough.

Have you just started watching football etc etc

It's that thick racist Kes.

If it ain't Chelsea, he doesn't know.

Is it actually Kes? When did he come back?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Aug 2019 08:55

The Enfield Royal71

RFC social media accounts are better now that the "Platypustherat" and "OldManAndrea" accounts aren't around anymore.

Can't think who would have been behind those...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 09:00

sandman
The Enfield Royal71

RFC social media accounts are better now that the "Platypustherat" and "OldManAndrea" accounts aren't around anymore.

Can't think who would have been behind those...

Not sure but not as sad as the person bringing it up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Aug 2019 09:06

WestYorksRoyal I loved his interview. Great enthusiasm and spoke fluent English which I didn't know. Should make settling in much easier.

What English words did he use that you didn't know?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Aug 2019 09:16

The Enfield Royal71
Hound
Old Man Andrews Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

Who said we are worrying?

Im just ashamed to be associated to a team with a social media account full of absolute wet wipes and babies.

Facebook is just as bad.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this problem isn't exclusive to us.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 09:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup
WestYorksRoyal I loved his interview. Great enthusiasm and spoke fluent English which I didn't know. Should make settling in much easier.

What English words did he use that you didn't know?

Lolz

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 08 Aug 2019 09:36

I don't think that some Reading fans are much different to fans of other clubs, in that the club can't do right for doing wrong. One poster on here doesn't like Gomes. Fair enough, I suppose. But the difference last season after Gomes took over was unbelievable. Not results, but the way we played was so much better than before. He brought in a number of loanees, most of which I'd never heard of, but they were all good and all gelled into the team. If that wasn't down to Gomes, who was it down to?

He has now brought in five players, including a Brazilian international goalkeeper, for Christ's sake, and somebody called Pele and one called Puskas. I have absolutely no doubt that this will be an incredible season for us (mind you, I think we're going up every season and I've been right six(?) times since I started supporting us 1n 1967), I appreciate that other people are not so optimistic and call themselves 'realists'. But I can see no point in supporting Reading unless I believe what I do. I could support Liverpool, Man C or Spurs if I wanted guaranteed success every season. How boring would that be? Supporting a club which you have no connection with just because they are successful.

Gomes was right to bring in the loanees last season, and I believe he has seen something in the players he's brought in this season which will create another good team.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Aug 2019 09:58

Hampshire Royal I don't think that some Reading fans are much different to fans of other clubs, in that the club can't do right for doing wrong. One poster on here doesn't like Gomes. Fair enough, I suppose. But the difference last season after Gomes took over was unbelievable. Not results, but the way we played was so much better than before. He brought in a number of loanees, most of which I'd never heard of, but they were all good and all gelled into the team. If that wasn't down to Gomes, who was it down to?

He has now brought in five players, including a Brazilian international goalkeeper, for Christ's sake, and somebody called Pele and one called Puskas. I have absolutely no doubt that this will be an incredible season for us (mind you, I think we're going up every season and I've been right six(?) times since I started supporting us 1n 1967), I appreciate that other people are not so optimistic and call themselves 'realists'. But I can see no point in supporting Reading unless I believe what I do. I could support Liverpool, Man C or Spurs if I wanted guaranteed success every season. How boring would that be? Supporting a club which you have no connection with just because they are successful.

Gomes was right to bring in the loanees last season, and I believe he has seen something in the players he's brought in this season which will create another good team.

Well said.....despite the complete sh*te we witnessed at the weekend Im still optimistic, there seems to be some exciting players bought in, we just need to click and get the balance right.......
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 08 Aug 2019 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Aug 2019 10:09

Hampshire Royal I could support Liverpool, Man C or Spurs if I wanted guaranteed success every season. How boring would that be? Supporting a club which you have no connection with just because they are successful.

//not related to thread but...

I just don't understand the stupidity of supporting somewhere you've just arbitrarily chosen to be 'your' club. What do these people feel when these clubs win? "The club I arbitrarily chose to follow has won. Yippee." Yet I see people get so emotional about it, it doesn't make sense. I've always been a Liverpool fan, and I can pinpoint the exact moment on a school playground in Reading that happened: aged 5, my best mate said he supported Liverpool because they were one of the best at the time and as a 5 year old knowing nothing better I thought ok I'll do the same. And that's it. I've never even been to LIverpool FFS, know nothing about it other that it exists up north somewhere, they speak funny, are friendly, have curly hair and steal things, say "aright aright kam down" a lot and, erm.... Cilla Black? I still look out for their results now and then and if it's a case of them vs Man City winning the Prem I'd rather it's them. But that's all. I know LIverpool fans who've like me never been anywhere near the place who get so immensely emotional about it. Why!?

Reading is the town I was born in, where I had my first kiss, where I married, where my kids were born, where my parents married, where they conceived me, where I've lived pretty much all my life and I like to see my fellow townsfolk happy. Supporting Reading actually means something to me.

I understand that some people support other clubs because they have some sort of a link (family originally from there, dad from there etc) but it's relatively tenuous. If/when my kids move away I'll encourage them to support their local clubs too if they're into footy.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Aug 2019 10:11

Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by his 2nd goal in that Romania Germany game - very old school #9 - and the vague feeling that he's a bit of a shithouse.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 10:26

stealthpapes Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by his 2nd goal in that Romania Germany game - very old school #9 - and the vague feeling that he's a bit of a shithouse.

Let’s hope that this season he’s flushed with success.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Aug 2019 10:32

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71

Anyone who had kept just half an eye on the U21 European Championships would have heard of Puscas.

213 posts