CONFIMRED - Puscas

213 posts
StellaPlease

Re: CONFIMRED - Puscas

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 21:46

He won't, he's always favoured a 1 up top.

Just because he signed two, doesn't mean he'll play both hence his comments. It just gives him more options.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2019 21:46

THIS IS THE LONGEST WET DREAM I'VE EVER HAD WITHOUT WAKING

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2019 21:46

W-A-K-I--N-G

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 21:48

StellaPlease He won't, he's always favoured a 1 up top.

Just because he signed two, doesn't mean he'll play both hence his comments. It just gives him more options.

We didn’t play one up front on Saturday, or against Peterborough.

Have you just started watching football etc etc

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Aug 2019 21:53

This Puscas chap looks the real deal from the video clips and i really cannot believe we've got under the radar and signed him. I suspect we'll be luckily to get two years out of him at best if he scores goals!! he'll leave for a big premier or European club for loads of dosh i guess.
So a smart move signing him to a 5 yr deal, and i guess the same could be said for the Joao deal as well.
So it looks like we'll get two attempts to get to the Premiership with these two so we have enough money to keep hold of them :D

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Aug 2019 22:00

Crowbar6753 This Puscas chap looks the real deal from the video clips and i really cannot believe we've got under the radar and signed him. I suspect we'll be luckily to get two years out of him at best if he scores goals!! he'll leave for a big premier or European club for loads of dosh i guess.
So a smart move signing him to a 5 yr deal, and i guess the same could be said for the Joao deal as well.
So it looks like we'll get two attempts to get to the Premiership with these two so we have enough money to keep hold of them :D

Or they're both dogshit and we're struggling to offload them 2 years down the line having been relegated to league 1 paying mega buck wages on the brink of going into administration. Who knows :D

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 07 Aug 2019 22:06

Crowbar6753 This Puscas chap looks the real deal from the video clips and i really cannot believe we've got under the radar and signed him. I suspect we'll be luckily to get two years out of him at best if he scores goals!! he'll leave for a big premier or European club for loads of dosh i guess.

This. We don't turnover the revenue for us to be continuously competitive at the top end of the champ, and survive FFP, so creating value with player sales is key.
Think Brentford, and how they've cashed in over the past few years.
Almost a win win (assuming our scouting is on point) with regard sustainability.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 Aug 2019 22:13

Two goals against Germany U21 this summer - the 2nd one is the pick of the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWFrzqSacU

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Aug 2019 22:24

Jagermesiter1871

Or they're both dogshit and we're struggling to offload them 2 years down the line having been relegated to league 1 paying mega buck wages on the brink of going into administration. Who knows :D

Probably on less that gunter and mclearyb tbf

Old Man Andrews

Re: Rumour - Puscas

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2019 22:36

leon

Nice picture on there of OMA noshing himself off.

Well someone has to :D

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Aug 2019 22:57

winchester_royal
Victor Meldrew Far too much worrying going on here about FFP and how good these signings will be.

Firstly FFP is something that the club is fully aware of and we have to trust Howe on this-it's not as if he is new, inexperienced or a bullshitter.

Can I just add a massive +1 to this. The number of people who’ve suddenly become experts in the intricacies of FPP and the football club’s finances is quite astonishing.

Scoff all you want. In the season 2018-19, Reading's total revenue was £17m. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053703/filing-history Page 9 of this years accounts.

We've just spent, if it is to be believed, £8m on one player. That's sheer madness. If we have so much money, why dont we have a manager who has achieved anything at any level in any football league anywhere in the world. Why didn't we re-sign the players who we loaned last season who were very successful.

If we have so much money why is our CB partnership still Moore and Miazga, and our CM partnership Rino and Swift. Much as it was last season for the second half of the year. I feel no different to a QPR fan when they spent much much more money than they could ever hope to generate. The only difference being, the basically bought a tried and tested PL player in every position. We havent done that. Happy to the voice of gloom, but we've spent the best part of an entire year's revenue on 4 new players, lets not even start to think about wages. And i dont personally think it will be sufficient to win the league, or come second. In which case, good bye RFC.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Aug 2019 23:05

Ever heard the term ‘Undisclosed’ GWR?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Aug 2019 23:23

royalp-we Ever heard the term ‘Undisclosed’ GWR?

Yes. So lets say each transfer is half what is reported. They would still far exceed what we can afford.

I dont get it. if we have all this money, why did we go for Charlie Adam and Michael Morrison. Clearly someone has pushed a button to say, screw it, lets spend loads and loads of money, right at the end of a transfer window on strikers.

Our defence is still ropey. We've gone and spent more money then any season we were in the PL, despite our revenue being perhaps half if not a third of what it was then.

How much do you think a top goalscorer from the U21 championships costs. It is not cheap. Or else PL teams would take a punt. Fair enough others dont care about the finances, and are just happy fine. Not me. When i saw QPR reck temselves i thought, well that's stupid, same with Pompey. Now the club i support does the same. For shame. As a reminder, last season, Leeds spent little money, but got one of the most innovative managers in football world wide to ply his trade with them for a season, it got them oh so close. We've just decided to buy a number of exceedingly expensive players right at the end of the transfer window to see what happens. It stinks.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 07 Aug 2019 23:27

Greatwesternline

Yes. So lets say each transfer is half what is reported. They would still far exceed what we can afford.

I dont get it. if we have all this money, why did we go for Charlie Adam and Michael Morrison. Clearly someone has pushed a button to say, screw it, lets spend loads and loads of money, right at the end of a transfer window on strikers.

Our defence is still ropey. We've gone and spent more money then any season we were in the PL, despite our revenue being perhaps half if not a third of what it was then.

How much do you think a top goalscorer from the U21 championships costs. It is not cheap. Or else PL teams would take a punt. Fair enough others dont care about the finances, and are just happy fine. Not me. When i saw QPR reck temselves i thought, well that's stupid, same with Pompey. Now the club i support does the same. For shame. As a reminder, last season, Leeds spent little money, but got one of the most innovative managers in football world wide to ply his trade with them for a season, it got them oh so close. We've just decided to buy a number of exceedingly expensive players right at the end of the transfer window to see what happens. It stinks.

Perhaps we sold Bearwood to someone for a huge profit?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Aug 2019 23:32

You’ve made assumptions and I don’t think for one minute Nigel Howe (EFL Board Member) would say ‘screw it’ and take that risk. For all we know, Casumo or Rehne have pumped in some funds.

My assumption, fwiw, is that we have spent about a third of the figures quoted in the media; and the rest is made up of performance / promotion related payments.

Our defence is made up of senior pros. On Saturdays showing, giving the kids 45 games to fire us to safety would have spelled trouble and we cannot risk the drop for a third consecutive season.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Aug 2019 23:36

Greatwesternline

QPR got fined , what 40 Million but the upside was all their outstanding loans were cancelled.
QPR are still wetting themselves how lightly they got off.
Leicester, two bankruptcies with all dept written off go on to win the premiership.
Watford, pushing the boundaries of fair play by passing Players between all of the Owners Clubs.
There is a game there to be played, and thankfully RFC have woken up and joined in.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Aug 2019 23:42

royalp-we You’ve made assumptions and I don’t think for one minute Nigel Howe (EFL Board Member) would say ‘screw it’ and take that risk. For all we know, Casumo or Rehne have pumped in some funds.

My assumption, fwiw, is that we have spent about a third of the figures quoted in the media; and the rest is made up of performance / promotion related payments.

Our defence is made up of senior pros. On Saturdays showing, giving the kids 45 games to fire us to safety would have spelled trouble and we cannot risk the drop for a third consecutive season.

I totally agree, Loader wasn't going to cut it this season. But perhaps better coaching of Bod, McNulty and Baldock may have. I havent drunk from the Gomes cool-aid like most, but if if he is as good those who rave about him say he is, he shouldnt need to buy all these players, as he'll use his Pochettino esque skills to turn our bottom third of league players into mid-table players.

When PL teams spend £15m on very bang average players, i just cant see a player who stood out as a real star at the U21s can cost anything less than £6m. Just take a cursory look at what PL teams play for young players on the up, rarely do they go for less than £10m these days, they dont have a succesful international tournament under their belt.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Aug 2019 23:50

72 bus
Greatwesternline

QPR got fined , what 40 Million but the upside was all their outstanding loans were cancelled.
QPR are still wetting themselves how lightly they got off.
Leicester, two bankruptcies with all dept written off go on to win the premiership.
Watford, pushing the boundaries of fair play by passing Players between all of the Owners Clubs.
There is a game there to be played, and thankfully RFC have woken up and joined in.

That's fair. Gotta play the game agreed. But for every Leicester, QPR and Watford, there is a Pompey, Bolton, Blackburn, Leeds etc. I stand b by my view that if Gomes was as good as his advocates claim, he'd use what we have, Baldock,Bod, Loader, and make something of it. But we're buying it in, and that goes two ways. Really well, really bad. It'll be exciting. But never again are we going to be Reading, who did it the right way.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Aug 2019 23:54

If suggestions are correct, the total up front outlay on fees has been less than £3m and we've recouped and significant percentage of that in sales and sell on fees.

Also I doubt the wages are as high as people imagine. Puscas is apparently on £18k a week which is similar to what McShane was on. Sampdoria's average wage is lower than the average wage in the Championshp and we've bought their back up keeper. Adam and Morrison won't he on a lot. Fair enough, Joao may be on a decent wage.

As for the loans, I doubt we're paying 100% of the wages and anyway, Virginia will be on peanuts and I doubt Boye is on more than £15,000 a week. Monaco could have tripled Pele's Rio Ave wage and he'd still be on less than £10,000 a week.

Some figures for reference. As a comparison, the average Championship wage is $1.6m a year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/675470/average-serie-a-salary-by-team/

And that's not taking into account we may got a massive windfall by selling the training ground and/or stadium naming rights for an inflated sum.

Isn't "The Reading Way" all about living within your means. We may still be doing that.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 08 Aug 2019 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

biff

by biff » 08 Aug 2019 00:01

Greatwesternline
winchester_royal
Victor Meldrew Far too much worrying going on here about FFP and how good these signings will be.

Firstly FFP is something that the club is fully aware of and we have to trust Howe on this-it's not as if he is new, inexperienced or a bullshitter.

Can I just add a massive +1 to this. The number of people who’ve suddenly become experts in the intricacies of FPP and the football club’s finances is quite astonishing.

Scoff all you want. In the season 2018-19, Reading's total revenue was £17m. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053703/filing-history Page 9 of this years accounts.

We've just spent, if it is to be believed, £8m on one player. That's sheer madness. If we have so much money, why dont we have a manager who has achieved anything at any level in any football league anywhere in the world. Why didn't we re-sign the players who we loaned last season who were very successful.

If we have so much money why is our CB partnership still Moore and Miazga, and our CM partnership Rino and Swift. Much as it was last season for the second half of the year. I feel no different to a QPR fan when they spent much much more money than they could ever hope to generate. The only difference being, the basically bought a tried and tested PL player in every position. We havent done that. Happy to the voice of gloom, but we've spent the best part of an entire year's revenue on 4 new players, lets not even start to think about wages. And i dont personally think it will be sufficient to win the league, or come second. In which case, good bye RFC.

We havent spent ?8 million on him. It'll be X million over the 5 years of his contract until fully amortised, with bonus caveats etc etc

213 posts