Liam Moore “My Captain”

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Liam Moore “My Captain”

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 06:01

Have we ever seen such appreciation from our fans toward a team captain before? Social media will have something to do with this but honestly, I cannot remember a time when our fans expressed such genuine pride and appreciation for their captain.

I know we have a thread on Liam Moore, but this thread is, Liam Moore “My Captain” on and off pitch

https://twitter.com/liammoore93/status/1159555612130365440

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore “My Captain”

by Hendo » 09 Aug 2019 06:21

Oilroyal Have we ever seen such appreciation from our fans toward a team captain before? Social media will have something to do with this but honestly, I cannot remember a time when our fans expressed such genuine pride and appreciation for their captain.

I know we have a thread on Liam Moore, but this thread is, Liam Moore “My Captain” on and off pitch

https://twitter.com/liammoore93/status/1159555612130365440

I think people liked a certain Mr Murty.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 06:27

Good call, the whole team were captains. Does anyone have a list of ex captains they could post?
Last edited by Oilroyal on 09 Aug 2019 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Aug 2019 06:53

Oilroyal Good call, the whole team where captains. Does anyone have a list of ex captains they could post?

Www.google.com

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2019 07:18

Moore
McShane
McAnuff
Karacan
Gunter
Ingimarsson
Murty
Hunter
Williams

I forget some from the dark era f Burns etc.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Aug 2019 08:36

Parkinson

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2019 09:11

Gunter

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Aug 2019 09:15

Our fans really are a bit thick aren't they.

Why can't OP do his own research and find out. You literally just need to go on Wikipedia.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2019 09:24

The Enfield Royal71 Our fans really are a bit thick aren't they.

Why can't OP do his own research and find out. You literally just need to go on Wikipedia.

Not to piss on your chips mate but there isnt a dedicated wiki page that lists all previous Reading captains. This being a fan site it is highly likely someone has a doc of all captains. Why do the research when it has probably been done?

RFC old time fan

by RFC old time fan » 09 Aug 2019 09:34

Oilroyal Good call, the whole team where captains. Does anyone have a list of ex captains they could post?

In the 1950s, early 60s we really rated Bomber Beeves. Renown for his penalty taking. No positioning of where the ball was to go, just blast it. I remember third round of cup away at Notts Forest 1960 I think and we won a penalty. Ray like he always did went back to near the centre circle to start his run up and bang it was saved. The Forest fan stood by us said in a condecending manner "I new he would fail when I saw his run up". Arsehole. and a cold January journey home in on the floor of a van in the the snow.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 10:15

You literally just need to go on Wikipedia.
.... well you would have thought so. Maybe you should have checked too before posting!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Aug 2019 10:22

NewCorkSeth

Not to piss on your chips mate but there isnt a dedicated wiki page that lists all previous Reading captains. This being a fan site it is highly likely someone has a doc of all captains. Why do the research when it has probably been done?

Yes I know there isn't but why don't people these days go out and find things out for themselves? It isn't hard to go on wiki and look at past seasons and look at the captain entry of it.

That's just lazy.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2019 10:23

NewCorkSeth

Theres your job for the morning Seth.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 10:26

Strap will have a spreadsheet listing every captain since 1871. He’ll know whether they won the toss and if so whether they chose kickoff or ends (he’ll only know which end they chose for post war league matches).
He’ll probably know who took the armband if thecaptain didn’t complete a game.
He’ll definitely know what % win rate each captain had.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 10:33

The Enfield Royal71
NewCorkSeth

Yes I know there isn't but why don't people these days go out and find things out for themselves? It isn't hard to go on wiki and look at past seasons and look at the captain entry of it.

That's just lazy.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2019 10:43

The Enfield Royal71
NewCorkSeth

That's just lazy.

Hard? No. Time consuming? Very. Again I ask why do research that has proBably been done by one of the many stat/history buffs on here. Asking for information is not a weakness. Its intelligent.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Aug 2019 10:45

Oilroyal
The Enfield Royal71
NewCorkSeth Not to piss on your chips mate but there isnt a dedicated wiki page that lists all previous Reading captains. This being a fan site it is highly likely someone has a doc of all captains. Why do the research when it has probably been done?

That's just lazy.

Thats the problem with society today. Rather then do a bit of work yourself you would rather sit there in your PJs whilst others do it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2019 10:46

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

Di I have to include vice-captains?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2019 11:19

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Not to piss on your chips mate but there isnt a dedicated wiki page that lists all previous Reading captains. This being a fan site it is highly likely someone has a doc of all captains. Why do the research when it has probably been done?

Yes and youth team captains.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2019 11:20

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Theres your job for the morning Seth.

Yes and youth team captains.

Shit. Well. As Enfield Royal says "If you didnt do the work yourself: You're a lazy prick who doesn't deserve the information".

I'm on it.