BFTG - Cardiff

202 posts
Esteban

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Esteban » 18 Aug 2019 16:15

I walked into the stadium with my son telling me he doesn't want to watch Reading anymore.

We left with him singing Sweet Caroline and begging for a shirt with Puscas on the back.

Why?

Because my son is a demanding little shit!

Oh and we were awesome today. 8)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2019 16:19

Esteban I walked into the stadium with my son telling me he doesn't want to watch Reading anymore.

We left with him singing Sweet Caroline and begging for a shirt with Puscas on the back.

Why?

:lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2019 16:20

Frankly it should have been 5 or 6. We destroyed Cardiff with a wonderful performance. We more than matched Cardiff physically. Gomes got it right playing the three centre backs which was exactly what was needed. It worked a treat.

Rafael. 8 Excellent performance with a couple of fine saves
Moore 7 Solid and comfortable
Morrison 8 Impressive and excellent positioning
Miazga 7 Solid and comfortable
Yiadom 8 Terrific pushing forward and caused Cardiff a lot of problems
Richards 8 Some terrific blocks. Defended really well
Pele 7 Passed well with a nice composed performance
Ejaria 9.5 MoTM Sublime. Cardiff couldn’t cope with him
Swift 9 Won a number of tackles, one assist and a great finish for his goal
Joao 8 Very strong and a real handful
Puscas 9 What. A Goal. Great work ethic

The only downside was Yaks who walked straight off at the end. He isn’t happy at the moment. Needs a bit of love

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2019 16:21

Ha similar - my younger son who is a little reluctant at times exclaimed ‘this is how i want Reading to play’ after about an hour

Could relate to it tbf

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2019 16:22

Surprised Sweet Caroline wasn’t played at all today.o

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 18 Aug 2019 16:25

Esteban I walked into the stadium with my son telling me he doesn't want to watch Reading anymore.

Why?

Excellent.... :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Aug 2019 16:32

A lucky win against a poor side.

Gomes - left out Rino??? Luckily it paid off for him.

Ref - gave everything our way, without him we might've struggled.

Rafael 3 - dodgy punches, not convincing in an easy game for him
Morrison, Miazga, Moore - 2 each. Some scary moments in defence, they almost scored from. In a 2 man defence would have been destroyed.
Pele - 3 - doesnt' really do much, did he touch the ball?
Ejaria 2 - a couple of good bits but looked uncomfortable made to shine by poor Cardiff midfield
Swift - 3, I suppose he got the goal but it was an easy finish other than that a bit meh
Richards - 2, I stand by my plea for him never to play for us again, ran the ball out of play
Yiadom 3 - made Gunter look good today
Jaoa 2 - what did he even do today? a striker who doesn't score
Puscas - ok he scored but not a single person has mentioned the 1v1 chance he screwed up

Subs - little impact. 2-3 each

Yeah we were lucky and made to look good but don't go thinking relgation is not on the cards because of this lucky win.

Still a win's a win at the end of the day, and the only downside was tripping over and knocking my head. Thankfully no damage done. At all.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 18 Aug 2019 16:33

Big thing for me was that we stood up to Cardiff physically , grappled all the way. Much stronger than usual side. Cardiff didn’t expect that and after 15 mins didn’t know what to do. Our better forwards came into play and we won comfortably but neutralising their physicality was key.

Same again at Albion please. We have the makings of a top six side.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2019 16:35

Fox Talbot Big thing for me was that we stood up to Cardiff physically , grappled all the way. Much stronger than usual side. Cardiff didn’t expect that and after 15 mins didn’t know what to do. Our better forwards came into play and we won comfortably but neutralising their physicality was key.

Same again at Albion please. We have the makings of a top six side.

100%

Really impressed how strong and physical we are without having to resort to Colin’s filthy kicks and hacks.

Absolutely stood up to them and more. We look a big strong side. Says it all when you keep you’re 6ft 3 striker up the pitch when defending corners

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2019 16:36

2 world wars, 1 world cup A lucky win against a poor side.

Morrison, Miazga, Moore - 2 each. Some scary moments in defence, they almost scored from. In a 2 man defence would have been destroyed.
Ejaria 2 - a couple of good bits but looked uncomfortable made to shine by poor Cardiff midfield
Swift - 3, I suppose he got the goal but it was an easy finish other than that a bit meh
Richards - 2, I stand by my plea for him never to play for us again, ran the ball out of play
Puscas - ok he scored but not a single person has mentioned the 1v1 chance he screwed up

Yeah we were lucky and made to look good but don't go thinking relgation is not on the cards because of this lucky win.

Still a win's a win at the end of the day, and the only downside was tripping over and knocking my head. Thankfully no damage done. At all.

:D

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Aug 2019 16:44

+1

Gomez out!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Aug 2019 16:48

You had me before the end, I won’t lie

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 18 Aug 2019 17:01

:D
Scutterbucketz

+1

Gomez out!

Who?! I think we have 2 x Gomes. One prefers to be called Pele, and one prefers grinning at NW after matches... :D

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Aug 2019 17:05

Didn't expect that at all, really enjoyable game.

I was a bit nervous for the 1st 15 as it looked like our shape was all over the place. The goal seemed to lift everyone - fans & team alike, and then we just got better. Colin cocked up with the double sub at half time.

Puscas is worth £8m - already nearly a quarter of the way to beating last seasons top scorer.
Ejaria was my MOTM, 3Points was pointing out what he does on the pitch and his work rate, etc. and he wasn't wrong.

Up in the West stand (GU9) today - not a bad viewing position. The group of Romanian lads near us were having a great day (obviously), minus points for someone who kept farting (very badly) near us.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2019 17:06

Well.... that was an incredible team performance. I won't get carried away though as I thought Cardiff were dismal and just tried the dirty physical tactics, a typical Warnock side. I expected them to be much better. Still.. we played very well, best probably in a league match for a couple of years. If we can maintain that level of performance then I can't see us losing a lot of games at home.

Everyone played well (7s minimum). Would give 9 to Ejaria, Swift and Puscas and 8 to Yiadom). I was sceptical playing 3 at the back today but it worked and I'm delighted I was wrong. Puscas deserved a hatrick, he'll score a lot of goals if he keeps playing like that! I do wonder if teams will see how he scored those chances today and they'll adapt to us.

Would play a similar team on Wednesday. Maybe Joao off for Meite as he looked gone when he was subbed.

Well done Jose. Team and tactics spot on

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2019 17:21

:lol: :lol:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Aug 2019 17:31

Thought Cardiff were absolute dross today. They had to blame Warnock for the double sub at HT. totally lost their shape, no width and had nothing in midfield (helped by Bacuna being in there). Very bizarre. Aiden Flint made it look very slow and cumbersome.

I always rated Ejaria last season. His work rate is amazing. And I’ve never seen a ball stick to a player’s feet like it does with him. Two or three times today he really helped Richards not get outflanked two on one. And a big shout out to Richards. Looked a good defender today and provided width. Needs a bit more confidence in attack, which should come.

Great goal from Puscas, but a terrible miss. Needed to just roll in Meite for a tap in, but never going to happen when he was on a home debut hat trick

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Aug 2019 17:34

Brilliant display ,was that us ?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 18 Aug 2019 17:42

:lol: @ the usual moaners, sharpening their knives on pages 4 & 5 of the match thread.

We're very inconsistent, but it was pleasing to see some ability and desire on show for 90 minutes today.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Aug 2019 17:46

Cureton's Volley :lol: @ the usual moaners, sharpening their knives on pages 4 & 5 of the match thread.

We're very inconsistent, but it was pleasing to see some ability and desire on show for 90 minutes today.

Tbf that's the first time that teams played together. Harsh to call them inconsistent.

202 posts