Nova leaves on permanent deal

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Nova leaves on permanent deal

by Denver Royal » 02 Sep 2019 18:46

SkySports:

'Reading have confirmed the departure of Andrija Novakovich, who has completed a permanent move to Frosinone for an undisclosed fee'.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nova leaves on permanent deal

by Zip » 02 Sep 2019 18:50

A real shame imo.Never given a proper chance. I wish him well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2019 19:30

Zip A real shame imo.Never given a proper chance. I wish him well.

Mega plus one

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 02 Sep 2019 19:38

Bad decision imo. Proven goalscorer, albeit in the Dutch League, with more experience and senior goals than Loader but never given a chance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2019 20:22

Oh well, shame that

But no point him wasting a year here - hope he does well

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Sep 2019 20:23

If he was as good as we all reckon he is why is it that he’s going to a languishing Serie B club?

I don’t disagree that he’s not been given a proper chance but I have an inkling this one might not bite us in the butt.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2019 20:43

Is he the only one who left today or have I missed some others going?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 02 Sep 2019 21:20

on the face of it it looks like he wasn't given a chance at reading despite being sucessfull elsewhere and so on. but because of that there must be something in training that makes him not worth taking a chance on. surely just based on his stats alone you would give him more of a chance - how bad must he be to convince the club otherwise?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Sep 2019 21:29

Hound Is he the only one who left today or have I missed some others going?

Tom Holmes has gone to KSV Roeselare

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Sep 2019 21:33

muirinho
Hound Is he the only one who left today or have I missed some others going?

Tom Holmes has gone to KSV Roeselare

Hope he gets his wages paid

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Sep 2019 23:37

CountryRoyal If he was as good as we all reckon he is why is it that he’s going to a languishing Serie B club?

I don’t disagree that he’s not been given a proper chance but I have an inkling this one might not bite us in the butt.

People think he's probably good enough for our level. He's joining a team at our level.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2019 02:28

Bigtimmeh on the face of it it looks like he wasn't given a chance at reading despite being sucessfull elsewhere and so on. but because of that there must be something in training that makes him not worth taking a chance on. surely just based on his stats alone you would give him more of a chance - how bad must he be to convince the club otherwise?

It’s a strange one, huh? Not sure what to think. He’ll play at some level. As with other playas, that level will be determined.

Was thinking today, given short time at new club, he’s convinced them very quickly?

But maybe they wanted to sign him permanently at the outset in the Summer anyway?

We didn’t sell then, but now we do. Different fee negotiated now? Who knows.

(Edit: Shameful opportunity afforded our Academy grads again?)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Sep 2019 07:39

Denver Royal
Bigtimmeh on the face of it it looks like he wasn't given a chance at reading despite being sucessfull elsewhere and so on. but because of that there must be something in training that makes him not worth taking a chance on. surely just based on his stats alone you would give him more of a chance - how bad must he be to convince the club otherwise?

It’s a strange one, huh? Not sure what to think. He’ll play at some level. As with other playas, that level will be determined.

Was thinking today, given short time at new club, he’s convinced them very quickly?

But maybe they wanted to sign him permanently at the outset in the Summer anyway?

We didn’t sell then, but now we do. Different fee negotiated now? Who knows.

(Edit: Shameful opportunity afforded our Academy grads again?)

Yeah but you have to see this in context - we need the money, his contract was up at the end of the year, and he was hardly going to play with several players ahead of him in the pecking order. What you have to ask yourself is - would you have preferred to keep him and not sign Puscas and/or Joao?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2019 07:54

Thank the lord he has gone. The fan boys who thought he was the next Messi can finally shut up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2019 08:08

Novakovich was done here the moment he went on loan last summer - my only surprise is that a top flight Dutch club weren't prepared to fork out the cash for him - as if a 2nd division Italian side can afford him it us unlikely to have been more than a million or so.

I have literally no idea how good he actually is or will be - he scored some goals in the Netherlands but I do not know what is all round play is actually like as I don't watch Dutch football - however, it seems that in his time here 3 managers decided he would not be the right option for the way we play and you only need to look at the lack of minutes with the "firsts" over the summer, when fit, to see that he really wasn't seen as a viable option for us in Gomes style.

So overall, best deal for all. I don't get the, he hasn't had a chance view, he has - he wasn't viewed as good enough/right for us by multiple managers who will know all about him both in the u23s and loans - so he now gets the chance to show he can score goals and settle at a decent level. Good luck to him.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2019 08:38

Dennis the Butler Bad decision imo. Proven goalscorer, albeit in the Dutch League, with more experience and senior goals than Loader but never given a chance.

So was this guy.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2019 08:43

Dennis the Butler Bad decision imo. Proven goalscorer, albeit in the Dutch League, with more experience and senior goals than Loader but never given a chance.

So you wanted him to be playing ahead of Puscas, Joao and Meite? Have a day off.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 03 Sep 2019 08:53

Old Man Andrews

So you wanted him to be playing ahead of Puscas, Joao and Meite? Have a day off.

More club goals than Puscas career-to-date whilst playing at an equal or higher level

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2019 09:00

Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews

More club goals than Puscas career-to-date whilst playing at an equal or higher level

The Dutch 2nd division is a higher level than Serie B? Ok......

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 03 Sep 2019 09:08

To be honest I would have though he'd be a decent squad player to keep around. Especially if we continue to play 2 up top.

I imagine not getting Gmac or Gunts off the books meant someone else had to go.