BFT ???????????????????????????????????????????

152 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT ???????????????????????????????????????????

by genome » 03 Oct 2019 20:38

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews What did I miss?

Neil Harris resigned today

He's a head coach isn't he? Not a manager?

@MillwallFC 2h
Neil Harris has today stepped down as manager of #Millwall Football Club

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2019 20:43

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Neil Harris resigned today

He's a head coach isn't he? Not a manager?

@MillwallFC 2h

But this could be just a nice way of him leaving the club. A "resign on your own terms" type deal. He's a club legend so sacking him wouldn't go down well.

My point stands.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Oct 2019 20:51

Hound
muirinho There have been limp displays under Gomes, and there were backs to the wall gutsy displays under Stam and Clement. It's just one of these cliches, like players not showing enough "passion".

Plenty witnesses to passion when we win, apparently there's none when we lose. But it's the same players.

its a bit of a bugbear of mine that. Show more passion etc.

I cant claim to know any footballers, but I very much doubt they lose games due to lack of effort. Maybe very occasionally and odd individuals more than others. The one who I genuinely thought wasn't trying in recent times was Chris Martin, and then you find out about the fact he was in bits physically and it explains a lot

Who did the due diligence on Chris Martin.FFS.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 21:49

PremAddict
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Zip We have employed a third successive manager who wants us to play out from the back when we don’t have the personnel to do it.
Rafael is a poor distributor of the ball. None of our defenders last night are good passers of the ball. They are so slow at moving the ball forward.
The problem is then compounded by our midfielders who often take far too long to release the ball and regularly cut back inside with momentum being lost. Compare this with how Fulham play. Quick, first time passes and excellent movement to go with it.

When you are at home on a poor run playing a footballing team surely you expect the players to press hard. Yet we stood back and allowed Fulham to play.

We need to go back to scratch. With Swift unavailable on Saturday Gomes can play Pele at CDM, Rinomhota as a CM and Ejaria at ACM. That should make us harder to break down but the whole style of play has to be addressed. We must move the ball forward more quickly and we should close down far more quickly and stop the ridiculous marking of space which leaves opposition players with loads of space at times.

Good point Zip. Even with Stamball or Gomeslottery at its best, playing it out at the back has always looked dodgy. Almost every game there are dodgy moments. What often happens is they press high, we try to play it out from the back , we panic hit it back to keeper who just smashes it up field anyway. Or one of our defenders decides to do that.

This is spot on. What is the purpose of playing from the back when you just give the ball away with a lump up the pitch anyway?

The one that got me most, was against Charlton. Over hit pass from them. Moore chases it down, then let's it go off the end of the pitch. Gives it to Cabral, then stands to one side so Cabral can pass it back to him. Carries it forward a bit, looks lost and pumps it forward.

Why not just let it go out for Cabral to pump forward. If you want to carry it forward, keep it in and dribble. Just so brainless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2019 22:06

Snowflake Royal Pele in particular standing still doing nothing on the edge of the box rather than tracking or closing players in acres of space springs to mind.

I got the impression he was just shattered to be honest. Maybe through constantly trying to plug the huge gaps we’ve been discussing for the last few days

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 22:21

Hound
Snowflake Royal Pele in particular standing still doing nothing on the edge of the box rather than tracking or closing players in acres of space springs to mind.

I got the impression he was just shattered to be honest. Maybe through constantly trying to plug the huge gaps we’ve been discussing for the last few days

If that were the case he'd be stumbling towards them and gasping. He was just watching.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Oct 2019 23:14

Snowflake Royal
PremAddict
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Good point Zip. Even with Stamball or Gomeslottery at its best, playing it out at the back has always looked dodgy. Almost every game there are dodgy moments. What often happens is they press high, we try to play it out from the back , we panic hit it back to keeper who just smashes it up field anyway. Or one of our defenders decides to do that.

This is spot on. What is the purpose of playing from the back when you just give the ball away with a lump up the pitch anyway?

The one that got me most, was against Charlton. Over hit pass from them. Moore chases it down, then let's it go off the end of the pitch. Gives it to Cabral, then stands to one side so Cabral can pass it back to him. Carries it forward a bit, looks lost and pumps it forward.

Why not just let it go out for Cabral to pump forward. If you want to carry it forward, keep it in and dribble. Just so brainless.

+100

Play it short if it's there. Don't force it. So simple

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2019 23:16

Westwood52
Hound
muirinho There have been limp displays under Gomes, and there were backs to the wall gutsy displays under Stam and Clement. It's just one of these cliches, like players not showing enough "passion".

Plenty witnesses to passion when we win, apparently there's none when we lose. But it's the same players.

I cant claim to know any footballers, but I very much doubt they lose games due to lack of effort. Maybe very occasionally and odd individuals more than others. The one who I genuinely thought wasn't trying in recent times was Chris Martin, and then you find out about the fact he was in bits physically and it explains a lot

Well quite.

His medical surely would have quickly picked up a debilitating physical condition. Surely?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Oct 2019 23:22

leon
Westwood52
Hound

Well quite.

His medical surely would have quickly picked up a debilitating physical condition. Surely?

If he had a flare-up at the time of the medical, blood results might have shown something. But if it was dormant, then there would have been nada - he may have been a bit underweight, but doubt that would ring the same alarm bells as an overweight footballer.
Diagnosis generally needs a colonoscopy, so they can see the scarring on the digestive system, from the inside.
If we asked players to get a colonscopy before they could join us, we'd have no players at all, it's not a fun experience.

I have family and friends with IBD, it's a hidden disability mostly.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2019 23:34

muirinho
leon
Westwood52

Well quite.

If he had a flare-up at the time of the medical, blood results might have shown something. But if it was dormant, then there would have been nada - he may have been a bit underweight, but doubt that would ring the same alarm bells as an overweight footballer.
Diagnosis generally needs a colonoscopy, so they can see the scarring on the digestive system, from the inside.
If we asked players to get a colonscopy before they could join us, we'd have no players at all, it's not a fun experience.

I have family and friends with IBD, it's a hidden disability mostly.

I guess it depends if he'd already been suffering from it or it appeared whilst on loan. But, yes, I get what you're saying.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Oct 2019 00:01

muirinho he may have been a bit underweight,

He certainly was not underweight, just the opposite

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Oct 2019 09:30

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews He's a head coach isn't he? Not a manager?

@MillwallFC 2h

But this could be just a nice way of him leaving the club. A "resign on your own terms" type deal. He's a club legend so sacking him wouldn't go down well.

My point stands.

Just admit you're wrong and move on dude

152 posts