MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by hopeless causes

270 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by hopeless causes

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2019 10:14

URZZZZ Don’t think you’re far off tbh. Although expect Obita instead of Richards and possibly Joao in for Meite. Probably see Adam on the bench somewhere too

I cant remember, are you one of the people who is not overly fond of Meite? I think we need to start rewarding goals tbh. I think Joao is better suited to this role (marginally considering none of our forwards seem overly suited to this formation) but we know Meite has the ability to build up momentum with goals. Let's feed the Yak.

Also Adam I reckon has gone the way of the Meyler. Gomes knows he is passed it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Oct 2019 10:21

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Don’t think you’re far off tbh. Although expect Obita instead of Richards and possibly Joao in for Meite. Probably see Adam on the bench somewhere too

I cant remember, are you one of the people who is not overly fond of Meite? I think we need to start rewarding goals tbh. I think Joao is better suited to this role (marginally considering none of our forwards seem overly suited to this formation) but we know Meite has the ability to build up momentum with goals. Let's feed the Yak.

Also Adam I reckon has gone the way of the Meyler. Gomes knows he is passed it.

As a lone striker, I can’t stand watching Meite up top, no where near good enough. But in a two up top, like with Barrow last year, he’s shown he can do it. Likewise on the right wing. I think I’d do Meite ahead of Joao anyway because I can’t stand watching Joao throw himself to the floor at any opportunity. It’s a horrible trait for a player to have

If not Adam, then East. It’s pointless having four CAMs/strikers on the bench because you can only use three anyway. May as well have cover for one of the holding midfielder roles. Although think Adam’s exclusion from the squad may be more about his reaction to being subbed off at Wolves rather than his actual ability

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 10:38

SCIAG
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Loads of creativity in that midfield Ian............... :roll:

Like Karacan and Leigertwood you mean? Ya know, the season we won the league

They had Kebe and McAnuff on the wings. Ian's team has two full backs on the wings.

FYI, I'm not suggesting it'll win the league, but getting to a solid 14th/15th/16th would be a start.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2019 10:39

It’s basically what I’d go with. That or a 4-3-3 with Barrett in. Would go Obita above Richards but not really fussed either or. As discussed at length, stick to a formation. Been 4 at the back majority of last two games

Boye probably on the bench somewhere

Thought Rino was dreadful against Fulham personally but far from the only one. Him and Pele should be quite solid

We seem to be better set up away from home. Maybe it’s because we sit back a little more. Certainly our performances appear to have been significantly better

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2019 11:11

Maybe I had my Rinomhota tinted glasses on. I thought he was better than the rest over 90 minutes.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 03 Oct 2019 11:13

NewCorkSeth Ok. I'm bored at work. I cant watch this game as I have work but how about:

---------------Rafael
Miazga---Morrison---Moore*
Yiadom---------------------Richards
-----------Pele---Rinomhota
----------------Ejaria
----------Meite---Puscas

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Olise
Barrett
Joao
Loader

Might work. Obviously not my preferred formation but it's as good as I can think of.

Rinomhota was fine against Fulham. Loved his spirit, charging runs and his willingness to intercept and counter.

Also thought Puscas played well enough all things considered.

Meite has to start. Reward the goal. Cant keep chopping and changing the forwards.

*getting towards his last chance for me.

Works for me.

Expecting another great away performance following on from deserved draws at high-flying WBA and Swansea, although will miss Swift

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2019 11:33

NewCorkSeth Maybe I had my Rinomhota tinted glasses on. I thought he was better than the rest over 90 minutes.

actually quickly scanned who scored and he did pretty well

made a lot of tackles and interceptions, but gave the ball away a lot (6 times). The latter is probably what I remembered more. But he got a 7.0 rating which was a lot higher than the rest bar Meite

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2019 12:33

Hound
NewCorkSeth Maybe I had my Rinomhota tinted glasses on. I thought he was better than the rest over 90 minutes.

actually quickly scanned who scored and he did pretty well

made a lot of tackles and interceptions, but gave the ball away a lot (6 times). The latter is probably what I remembered more. But he got a 7.0 rating which was a lot higher than the rest bar Meite

A rare case of statistics backing up one of my opinions. I think once we settled in the second half Rinomhota came into his own. Probably because he wasnt playing as deep as he is being asked to.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Oct 2019 12:45

For me

Rafael

Miazga
Morrison
McIntyre

Yiadom
Pele
Obita

Rinomhota
Ejaria

Meite
Puscas

Subs: Virginia, Moore, Gunter, Blackett, Olise, Barrett, Joao

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2019 12:48

SCIAG For me

Rafael

Miazga
Morrison
McIntyre

Yiadom
Pele
Obita

Rinomhota
Ejaria

Meite
Puscas

Subs: Virginia, Moore, Gunter, Blackett, Olise, Barrett, Joao

This 100%.

Time for Mr Moore to have a rest, desrves to be dropped.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 13:22

I think whoever's anchors can look dreadful because of our style.

The anchor has to simultaneously:
Mark a midfielder
Cover for a CB pulled out of position
Cover for a fullback out of position
Pick up loose / second balls

It's just too much for one person across too large an amount of the pitch.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2019 13:48

Snowflake Royal

I think whoever's anchors can look dreadful because of our style.

The anchor has to simultaneously:
Mark a midfielder
Cover for a CB pulled out of position
Cover for a fullback out of position
Pick up loose / second balls

It's just too much for one person across too large an amount of the pitch.

Unless you're Kante. He can do anything. Except play well in any other position.

I think one of the things we all thought about Evans was that he was hard to rate as he played that anchor role.

Anyway, I reckon Rinomhota is the only player we have who can do it (not arguing that he should be the only one) because of his physicality, speed, ability and awareness (some of the time).

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Oct 2019 15:34

NewCorkSeth Nope. Putting my foot down here. The answer to formation problems is not "let's try another formation".
We dont even have the players for it. Ffs get a grip.

Well said, but nah...let's change formation...and then blame the manager for changing the formation.

See lineup changes in here. But we then say 'Don't tinker! He’s only played the same team ‘x’ number of times!'.
Well, how many games in a row have we picked the exact same starting eleven?

How do you pick same eleven in Champ playing 3 games in a week anyway? Why do other clubs rotate? It's a long season. Would we scream player burnout and injuries come Jan-Mar if he didn’t? Keep hearing we have a strong bench. You wouldn't rotate?

Some people’s line up are different, so you won’t please everyone.
Re. Fulham, the lineup was close to what many wanted, no?
Keeper, check.
Back 4 picked itself (Miazga made bench following injury). Richards duly restored. Check.
Swift and Ejaria, with Rino instead of Pele. Check.
Puscas. check. Many called for Meite, check. Some wanted Barrett to get a start, check.

b4 game, I thought we'd lose. (As did a few in the Prediction thread). Wasn't happy with manner of it, but we lost.
A manager doesn’t produce that entire performance. Moore should play better and not make errors he did if Charley Chaplain was manager. Same re. Swift. For those who play the game (or did), you largely play to your ability, right? You put in a solid professional performance regardless.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Oct 2019 15:50

A draw and a good performance or a win to save his job. Jose Gomes has 1 last chance before we fire another manager during another international break.

................. . Rafa...............
Yiadom..Miazga.Morrison..Richards

........... Pele......... Rino.........

Meite............. Ejaria............Boye..

....................Puscas.................

Subs
Moore
Obita
Walker
Barrett
Baldock
Adam
Loader
Ian Royal :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 17:21

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth Nope. Putting my foot down here. The answer to formation problems is not "let's try another formation".

Well said, but nah...let's change formation...and then blame the manager for changing the formation.

See lineup changes in here. But we then say 'Don't tinker! He’s only played the same team ‘x’ number of times!'.

How do you pick same eleven in Champ playing 3 games in a week anyway? Why do other clubs rotate? It's a long season. Would we scream player burnout and injuries come Jan-Mar if he didn’t? Keep hearing we have a strong bench. You wouldn't rotate?

Keeper, check.
Back 4 picked itself (Miazga made bench following injury). Richards duly restored. Check.
Puscas. check. Many called for Meite, check. Some wanted Barrett to get a start, check.

b4 game, I thought we'd lose. (As did a few in the Prediction thread). Wasn't happy with manner of it, but we lost.
A manager doesn’t produce that entire performance. Moore should play better and not make errors he did if Charley Chaplain was manager. Same re. Swift. For those who play the game (or did), you largely play to your ability, right? You put in a solid professional performance regardless.

Pretty sure I've suggested the same team multiple times. As have many others.

We as a collective won't, because we as a collective can't agree if the sky is blue.

But then judging anything by what some internet morons say is pretty stupid.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2019 17:29

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal

Keeper, check.

We as a collective won't, because we as a collective can't agree if the sky is blue.

The sky is blue. We've been over this.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 03 Oct 2019 17:55

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal Well said, but nah...let's change formation...and then blame the manager for changing the formation.

Keeper, check.

The sky is blue. We've been over this.

Like Relativity, it depends on the observer’s frame of reference. I contend that in Reading right now, the sky is greyish with a bit of dirty yellow thrown in. :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2019 18:01

Knew I could rely on you guys.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 04 Oct 2019 01:16

Snowflake Royal Gang. I've had an epiphany. You know how our strikers would thrive on crosses but we have no wingers?

.....................Cabral
Howe, Miazga, Morrison, Richards
Yiadom, Rinomhota, Pele, Obita
................Meite, Puscas

Yiadom basically plays as a winger already, but is better defensively than one. Obita grew up as a winger and is decent defensively. Richards deserves to play.

Set up hard to beat, go wide and go direct. Rough up the defence. Bring Swift / Ejaria etc on to open up if need be.

I think Gomes is tactically open minded, but his signings suggest that 4-4-2 is not they way he wants to go. In fact, he doesn't want wingers at all. if we were going to play 4-4-2 then I'd be quite intrigued to see this set up. I'm not sure if Pele is mobile enough, but it would be very interesting to see.

What I agree with is that when you're in a bit of a hole, you need grafters to dig you out. Your team above (perhaps with a question mark over Pele again) has most of the grafters.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 04 Oct 2019 01:23

NewCorkSeth Ok. I'm bored at work. I cant watch this game as I have work but how about:

---------------Rafael
Miazga---Morrison---Moore*
Yiadom---------------------Richards
-----------Pele---Rinomhota
----------------Ejaria
----------Meite---Puscas

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Olise
Barrett
Joao
Loader

Might work. Obviously not my preferred formation but it's as good as I can think of.

Rinomhota was fine against Fulham. Loved his spirit, charging runs and his willingness to intercept and counter.

Also thought Puscas played well enough all things considered.

Meite has to start. Reward the goal. Cant keep chopping and changing the forwards.

*getting towards his last chance for me.

I'd be happy with this NCS, but I'd go for:

--------------------Rafael-------------------
Yiadom - Miazga - Moore - Obita
--------------Pele ----- Rino----------------
-------Meite------Ejaria------Boye------
--------------------Puscas-------------------

I'd love to see minutes for Olise and Loader if we're not losing, if we're losing. we'd have to throw Joao on, who I'm not a huge fan of.

I think the Moore, Miazga combination is a good one, but agree Moore is close to being given a 'rest'. Obita in a 4, Richards in a 5. Blackett when you're up against a really good winger and need a miracle? Who knows...

270 posts