Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next Manager

by Forbury Lion » 10 Oct 2019 15:03

WestYorksRoyal
Forbury Lion
Crowbar6753 With Bowen at the helm its 100% going to be Mark Hughes lol
I heard on the radio this morning that Mark Bowen may take the role himself.... which would be interesting if he's the one in charge of finding a new manager

I've scoured the market, considered relative strengths and weaknesses and concluded that the best possible candidate is.....me.

Is there any way of presenting that without looking like a massive cock?
He could throw half the cv's in the bin and then interview the rest, report back that they're not interested and come up with the solution of taking the role himself for a modest salary at the top of the budget range.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Oct 2019 15:26

Sutekh You just know it’ll be Mark Bowen as the next manager though don’t you

At least he’s a former player (1 game was it, back in 1999?)

Reading have had more success with appointing new managers in their first role than they have any other type of manager eg. Branfoot, McGhee, Pardew, McDermott so perhaps MB could be seen in the same way as it would be his first sole trip in the hot seat.

Oh well let’s wait and see and if it is let’s give him a chance

McDermott managed at Slough and nearly got them in the league before Reading...were pipped by Martin o Neills Wycombe.
He also managed Woking as well but had a disaster....
Pardew was a no brainer as he was pretty successful as a caretaker.
McGhee was actually recommended by Sir Alex Ferguerson (so your not gonna ignore that), a recommendation from Mark Hughes is not gonna really sway it for me for Bowen.
Branfoot indeed will go down as a massive success but a lot of his good work must come down to Maurice Evans....we don't have a Maurice Evans.....

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Oct 2019 15:30

WestYorksRoyal
Forbury Lion
Crowbar6753 With Bowen at the helm its 100% going to be Mark Hughes lol
I heard on the radio this morning that Mark Bowen may take the role himself.... which would be interesting if he's the one in charge of finding a new manager

I've scoured the market, considered relative strengths and weaknesses and concluded that the best possible candidate is.....me.

Do a powerpoint presentation showing your saved data in Championship Manager and how you guided Bracknell Town to the Champions League on your phone.
I think someone actually did that at somewhere like Scunthorpe.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Oct 2019 15:43

Ainsworth approached by Sunderland apparently. Only as one of 5 other candidates at this stage

Hughes odds seem to be shortening again

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Oct 2019 15:46

OMA in shambles

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Oct 2019 15:47

Reckon it'll be another out of the field appointment. Bowen may simply act as a caretaker in the interim.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 10 Oct 2019 15:55

Heard Hughton on a talkSPORT phone in prolly a month ago where he talked about his potential 'next role' - and iirc it sounded very much like he was prepared to hold out for a Prem job (or at the very least a club with a significant chance of being back there in the short term).

Obvs his perspective could (and will) change depending on how long he is out of the game, if/when he misses out on higher profile roles, and by any potential owners persuading him to join a lower-lying club with transfer promises etc.

At this stage i'd be utterly staggered if he was prepared to come here.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 10 Oct 2019 15:56

Ascotexgunner
WestYorksRoyal
Forbury Lion I heard on the radio this morning that Mark Bowen may take the role himself.... which would be interesting if he's the one in charge of finding a new manager

Do a powerpoint presentation showing your saved data in Championship Manager and how you guided Bracknell Town to the Champions League on your phone.
I think someone actually did that at somewhere like Scunthorpe.

Things like that dont go unnoticed ...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Oct 2019 16:16

BraisingsteakRoyal Heard Hughton on a talkSPORT phone in prolly a month ago where he talked about his potential 'next role' - and iirc it sounded very much like he was prepared to hold out for a Prem job (or at the very least a club with a significant chance of being back there in the short term).

Obvs his perspective could (and will) change depending on how long he is out of the game, if/when he misses out on higher profile roles, and by any potential owners persuading him to join a lower-lying club with transfer promises etc.

Just wondering what job he could do in the premier league now. Cant think of a club that would take him. The PL clubs now have so much money they would rather gamble with a reasonably successful foreign coach. Same with Mark Hughes as well. The best British ones have already got a jobs and are doing quite well. Their best chance of getting back in there and rebuilding their stock is coming back to the championship and trying to get promotion.

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 10 Oct 2019 16:33

Ascotexgunner
BraisingsteakRoyal Heard Hughton on a talkSPORT phone in prolly a month ago where he talked about his potential 'next role' - and iirc it sounded very much like he was prepared to hold out for a Prem job (or at the very least a club with a significant chance of being back there in the short term).

Just wondering what job he could do in the premier league now. Cant think of a club that would take him. The PL clubs now have so much money they would rather gamble with a reasonably successful foreign coach. Same with Mark Hughes as well. The best British ones have already got a jobs and are doing quite well. Their best chance of getting back in there and rebuilding their stock is coming back to the championship and trying to get promotion.

In a Times article from July , it sounds more positive .....he is quoted as saying

“I’m prepared to wait for the right challenge but I want to get back into management,” he said. “I’m in a good place, I’m not desperate to be working tomorrow. I want to manage at the best level possible. I’ve managed three teams [Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton] in the Premier League and two of them, me and my staff brought up to the Premier League.

“I’m not saying no to a Championship appointment. I’d love to go in as a Premier League manager but the reality is that managers like myself have to take a team from the Championship to become Premier League managers.”

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Oct 2019 16:38

How about taking Reading to become a League 1 team ... that's a challenge for your Mr H!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Oct 2019 16:42

Tilehurstsouthbank
Mid Sussex Royal Luis Figo moving up the odds lists - more Portuguese football?

Randomly Figo was in Guildford quite recently. I know, I know. Seriously tenuous! :lol:

Yes just seen on twitter - odds have come in from 100 to 20's

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Oct 2019 17:01

Royalwaster How about taking Reading to become a League 1 team ... that's a challenge for your Mr H!

If that was the challenge then that nice Mr Gomes would still be here!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Oct 2019 17:12

Mid Sussex Royal
Tilehurstsouthbank
Mid Sussex Royal Luis Figo moving up the odds lists - more Portuguese football?

Randomly Figo was in Guildford quite recently. I know, I know. Seriously tenuous! :lol:

Got to make a bet there, if nothing else just to keep the LOLs going and to see if enough can be placed make him odds on favourite. If only I was that Euro lottery winner....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Oct 2019 17:19

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal
Tilehurstsouthbank

Got to make a bet there, if nothing else just to keep the LOLs going and to see if enough can be placed make him odds on favourite. If only I was that Euro lottery winner....

Just put a fiver on it and he has now shortened to 14s, kind of all you need to know really

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Oct 2019 17:55

Hughes in talks with the owner today according to the one who broke the Gomes out story, his agent was at the training ground today

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Oct 2019 17:58

URZZZZ Hughes in talks with the owner today according to the one who broke the Gomes out story, his agent was at the training ground today

Almost want to see it just for the outrage on twitter

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Oct 2019 18:03

Never forget

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2019 18:14

genome Never forget

What a git. :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Oct 2019 18:17

Snowflake Royal
genome Never forget

What a git. :lol:

I've managed to get you added to the market on two separate occasions in the past. They're not going for it this time.

606 posts