CONFIMRED - Mark Bowen

385 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Mark Bowen

by paultheroyal » 17 Oct 2019 14:21

Franchise FC
2 world wars, 1 world cup I just heard an interview with Bowen where he says he purposefully gave Gomes wrong advice in order to get him sacked, pressed the owners to get him sacked and replace him with someone Welsh and already at the club (but didn't specify himself), shredded all manager applications pretending they didn't exist and told the owners noone wants the job but he would help them in a tricky situation and do it for them.

He says from the bottom his heart though how people have taken this all out of context and it's not what it seems.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's even funnier is that someone will actually believe this interview has happened :roll:

LordCKS tweeted it to then delete it.

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 17 Oct 2019 14:48

Don’t know if this was mentioned before but as he’s only contracted till the end of the season will he get the January transfer window? Sorry if its been mentioned already

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 17 Oct 2019 14:48

Don’t know if this was mentioned before but as he’s only contracted till the end of the season will he get the January transfer window? Sorry if its been mentioned already

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Oct 2019 15:09

Zammo
Royal Rother
PistolPete
Regarding Gunter and GMac? It makes absolute sense to bring them back into the squad (Gomes jettisoning of them was a fair risk, but it failed). However, Baldock would be the ideal partner for Puscas if he wants to play two up front. I was not a fan of the Joao signing and haven't changed my mind.

What really stank about the Gunter and GMac situation was that they were banned from even attending the stadium on match days.

I get that a manager has to make tough / unpopular decisions but that just didn’t sit well with me.

Gomes got that badly wrong.

I had no idea, that is indeed weird!

"The players are my family, unless I don't like them in which case I treat them like dirt." :shock:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Oct 2019 15:57

2 world wars, 1 world cup I just heard an interview with Bowen where he says he purposefully gave Gomes wrong advice in order to get him sacked, pressed the owners to get him sacked and replace him with someone Welsh and already at the club (but didn't specify himself), shredded all manager applications pretending they didn't exist and told the owners noone wants the job but he would help them in a tricky situation and do it for them.

He says from the bottom his heart though how people have taken this all out of context and it's not what it seems.

Disgusting.......Theres too many welsh people at this club.....Bout time the banners were out.
"Dydyn ni ddim eisiau Cymry yn y Clwb yma. Ewch yn ôl i rygbi." (They may have to extend club 1971 to get all that in...)
That's what they should say. We are gonna groundshare with Cardiff at this rate.....
Its a conspiracy.....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Oct 2019 16:01

Ascotexgunner

Disgusting.......Theres too many welsh people at this club.....Bout time the banners were out.
"Dydyn ni ddim eisiau Cymry yn y Clwb yma. Ewch yn ôl i rygbi." (They may have to extend club 1971 to get all that in...)
That's what they should say. We are gonna groundshare with Cardiff at this rate.....
Its a conspiracy.....

Haha diolch yn fawr for that, made me laugh. I think we should learn a Welsh chant for Bowen (who probably can't speak it anyway).

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Oct 2019 16:15

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Ascotexgunner

Its a conspiracy.....

Haha diolch yn fawr for that, made me laugh. I think we should learn a Welsh chant for Bowen (who probably can't speak it anyway).

Its impossible. Ive never in my life heard anyone shout insults in welsh at Wales games.....Its just to bl**dy difficult. And messy.
English is way easier....Ask Zip.
I suspect there would be mass brawls in Club 1871 as people cover each other in flem.... :D

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Oct 2019 17:07

Blackbag Don’t know if this was mentioned before but as he’s only contracted till the end of the season will he get the January transfer window? Sorry if its been mentioned already

Rumour has it that he is only looking to bring in a naturally ginger-haired player as that is the only area we are distinctly lacking in (Michael Olise doesn't count)

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 Oct 2019 17:34

Ascotexgunner
Ascotexgunner
Its a conspiracy.....

Its impossible. Ive never in my life heard anyone shout insults in welsh at Wales games.....Its just to bl**dy difficult. And messy.
I suspect there would be mass brawls in Club 1871 as people cover each other in flem.... :D

Rude about Welsh there, Ascot!

But here's an Irish chant story for you - sorry it's rugby related.

Brian O Driscoll's nickname from Leinster was B.O.D from his initials. And once towards the end of his career, my sister was at a game down in Connacht (the most Irish speaking area), with her Connacht-supporting other half, where the Leinster supporters were making a big production of chanting BOD, BOD, BOD.
they were a little taken aback when the Connacht fans joined in, normally there being no love lost between any of the provinces. It'd be like ManUre supporters singing for Gerrard, or something.
But you know, end of his career and all that. So they applauded the connacht lads, for their sporting gesture, who chanted all the louder.
Bod is the Irish for "prick"

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2019 19:07

Royal Rother
PistolPete
Regarding Gunter and GMac? It makes absolute sense to bring them back into the squad (Gomes jettisoning of them was a fair risk, but it failed). However, Baldock would be the ideal partner for Puscas if he wants to play two up front. I was not a fan of the Joao signing and haven't changed my mind.

What really stank about the Gunter and GMac situation was that they were banned from even attending the stadium on match days.

I get that a manager has to make tough / unpopular decisions but that just didn’t sit well with me.

Out of interest, where did that information come from and was it validated?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Oct 2019 21:11

RoyalBlue
Royal Rother
PistolPete

Horse’s mouth.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2019 21:38

Ascotexgunner
Ascotexgunner
Its a conspiracy.....

Yes a definite agreed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Oct 2019 23:10

Royal Rother
RoyalBlue
Royal Rother

Horse’s mouth.

Gunter, McCleary or Gomes?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2019 10:46

Royal Rother

Lucky them.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Oct 2019 10:57

Have to admit, Men of Harlech would be a great chant/song

And the Zulu one from the film of the same name.

Reading chants suck

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2019 12:05

sandman
Royal Rother

Lucky them.

To be fair, sometimes they didn't even show up when they were in the starting eleven....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Oct 2019 17:46

Blackbag Don’t know if this was mentioned before but as he’s only contracted till the end of the season will he get the January transfer window? Sorry if its been mentioned already

Think that was the contract in place. One suspects an insurance policy. While using Bowen's abilities elsewhere in the club in the absence of a Sporting Director appointment for the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2019 13:09

some interesting info here, think this is all new isn't it? Not seen it elsewhere. But Bowen's full account of how he got the job

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... d-17096614

if this is taken at face value, it really does make all the 'snake' stuff a little embarrassing

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Oct 2019 13:13

Perhaps that's what endeared Bowen to the owners. Very honest down to earth individual.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Oct 2019 13:20

Lower West Perhaps that's what endeared Bowen to the owners. Very honest down to earth individual.

Agreed, post match interview very impressive and down to earth. Likeable chap, much like Gomes.

Talking quite openly post match about what he told the players. Nothing fancy, just "do a bit more of x,y,z". Keeping it simple and honest. I can see the players respecting him and liking him.

385 posts