CONFIMRED - Mark Bowen

385 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: CONFIMRED - Mark Bowen

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Oct 2019 16:34

krapmle
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Reaction on Twitter is nothing short of a disgrace. They’re the same people that will come crawling out of the woodwork if we get a couple of wins. Twitter really is full of knobs

Not really a disgrace is it. It is a highly controversial managerial appointment done in a very dodgy looking way that our supporters aren't happy about.

Its called having an opinion and expressing it. Grow up a bit.

I always think that Reading supporters cannot get any more dumb then people like old man andrew pipe up.

You've been told to be quiet several times. Last warning.

krapmle

by krapmle » 16 Oct 2019 16:36

calling all local villages, has one of you has lost your idiot?. He may be on HNA using the alias "old man andrews"

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Oct 2019 16:57

Old Man Andrews
krapmle
Old Man Andrews Not really a disgrace is it. It is a highly controversial managerial appointment done in a very dodgy looking way that our supporters aren't happy about.

Its called having an opinion and expressing it. Grow up a bit.

I always think that Reading supporters cannot get any more dumb then people like old man andrew pipe up.

Mate, please just put on ignore list, as we all should.

I'm blessed with this:

"krapmle, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post."

but it doesn't stop me coming across his shite from people who haven't blocked so I sometimes accidentally read the crap in quotes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Oct 2019 17:02

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Old Man Andrews
krapmle

I'm blessed with this:

Display this post."

but it doesn't stop me coming across his shite from people who haven't blocked so I sometimes accidentally read the crap in quotes.
Just add Old Man Andrews to your blocked list as well then

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Oct 2019 17:18

Forbury Lion
Old Man Andrews You've been told to be quiet several times. Last warning.

I'm blessed with this:

Display this post."

Blocking those who haven't blocked the likes of krap and karbota etc.. Bit OTT but good idea, might be the way to go.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2019 17:22

I think we should all play safe and everyone should block everyone else

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Oct 2019 17:24

Did someone say something?

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 16 Oct 2019 18:32

Sutekh I think we should all play safe and everyone should block everyone else

Hear Hear

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Oct 2019 20:21

PistolPete
Regarding Gunter and GMac? It makes absolute sense to bring them back into the squad (Gomes jettisoning of them was a fair risk, but it failed). However, Baldock would be the ideal partner for Puscas if he wants to play two up front. I was not a fan of the Joao signing and haven't changed my mind.

What really stank about the Gunter and GMac situation was that they were banned from even attending the stadium on match days.

I get that a manager has to make tough / unpopular decisions but that just didn’t sit well with me.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 16 Oct 2019 20:52

Sutekh I think we should all play safe and everyone should block everyone else

Sutekh, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 16 Oct 2019 20:53

Forbury Lion

I'm blessed with this:

Display this post."

Blocking those who haven't blocked the likes of krap and karbota etc.. Bit OTT but good idea, might be the way to go.

Is krample and karboata the same person? The spread did tell me he had 5 other usernames lined up

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Oct 2019 21:26

Vision
Hound I suspect he was asked for some feedback on JG and how things were going on the training ground. Then the owners and their advisers made the decision based on that and the results on the field.

I think thats still compatible with Bowen's interview. Bowen did suggest he was working far more closely with things behind the scenes - the academy etc than the first team on match days

Hmmmm. Oh well , benefit of the doubt and all that.

Onwards and upwards.

He seemed to suggest he was surprised by Gomes sacking, so may well have been consulted and said, he thinks he'll turn it around.

I think people have read too much into him being in charge of footballing matters. I suspect Gomes ran the first team and Bowen had responsibility for wider football matters like integration and running of Academy, organising and negotiating signings etc. I never got the feeling he'd be Gomes' boss and he's said that absolutely wasn't the case.

Ultimately, both Gomes and Bowen answered to the owners, Gomes possibly through Howe. I have no doubt it was the owners, possibly with Howe's input who decided to sack Gomes, because it seemed a touch quicker than you'd expect.

In any case, none of it matters. Gomes is gone, Bowen isn't some sort of machiavellian snake and we move on.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Oct 2019 21:37

There was a short interview with Bowen on TalkSport about half an hour ago. Sounded similar to what has already been mentioned on here.

Tony Cascarino was in the studio and knows Bowen quite well and spoke positively about him, said he is a football man who would take part in training and said it was a shame that people had reacted so badly to his appointment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2019 21:47

It is a shame for him but hopefully the reaction on Saturday will be good and it will quickly blow over

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Oct 2019 21:56

Snowflake Royal He seemed to suggest he was surprised by Gomes sacking, so may well have been consulted and said, he thinks he'll turn it around.

I think people have read too much into him being in charge of footballing matters.

For a change I tend to agree with Ian here about the level of influence he had as Sporting Director. He'd only been in role about 6 weeks!

I also wonder if, at the meeting that took place between the owners & Gomes in Portugal, that was widely reported, if Gomes didn't tell Dai & Howe to stuff it. Perhaps they gave him a 4 or 6 game target and he didn't want to be under that short term pressure, and felt he deserved the rest of the season to get the squad & new signings to work properly. That might suggest why Bowen was surprised that Gomes was sacked, because he actually jumped before he was pushed having reached an agreement on a pay-off for him and mad man Mendonca

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Oct 2019 22:28

The Enfield Royal71
Forbury Lion Just add Old Man Andrews to your blocked list as well then

Is krample and karboata the same person? The spread did tell me he had 5 other usernames lined up

I thought they were the same for ages. Joined a similar time and seem to share the same brain cell between them. Not sure tho. We could just have a clone army of twits in Reading.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 17 Oct 2019 10:49

morganb There was a short interview with Bowen on TalkSport about half an hour ago. Sounded similar to what has already been mentioned on here.

Tony Cascarino was in the studio and knows Bowen quite well and spoke positively about him, said he is a football man who would take part in training and said it was a shame that people had reacted so badly to his appointment.

Glad he came across well. The Reading mongs on social media have been an utter disgrace this week.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Oct 2019 11:22

I just heard an interview with Bowen where he says he purposefully gave Gomes wrong advice in order to get him sacked, pressed the owners to get him sacked and replace him with someone Welsh and already at the club (but didn't specify himself), shredded all manager applications pretending they didn't exist and told the owners noone wants the job but he would help them in a tricky situation and do it for them.

He says from the bottom his heart though how people have taken this all out of context and it's not what it seems.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Oct 2019 12:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup I just heard an interview with Bowen where he says he purposefully gave Gomes wrong advice in order to get him sacked, pressed the owners to get him sacked and replace him with someone Welsh and already at the club (but didn't specify himself), shredded all manager applications pretending they didn't exist and told the owners noone wants the job but he would help them in a tricky situation and do it for them.

He says from the bottom his heart though how people have taken this all out of context and it's not what it seems.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's even funnier is that someone will actually believe this interview has happened :roll:

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 17 Oct 2019 12:37

Royal Rother
PistolPete
Regarding Gunter and GMac? It makes absolute sense to bring them back into the squad (Gomes jettisoning of them was a fair risk, but it failed). However, Baldock would be the ideal partner for Puscas if he wants to play two up front. I was not a fan of the Joao signing and haven't changed my mind.

What really stank about the Gunter and GMac situation was that they were banned from even attending the stadium on match days.

I get that a manager has to make tough / unpopular decisions but that just didn’t sit well with me.

Gomes got that badly wrong.

385 posts