MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a) sponsored by an Ingimarsson header

269 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a) sponsored by an Ingimarsson header

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 08:56

Thought November looked an easy-ish month but then you see it has Brentford away, Wigan away (great home record) and Leeds (h)

Certainly not had an easy start to the season

Mind you, that Blackburn result and performance looks even worse now

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Oct 2019 09:19

I see last week's Bowen haters have all changed their minds now :roll:

Ejaria MOTM. Baldock missed a sitter in the first half and disappeared until his goal but fair play, was in the right place at the right time for the goal. If Yiadom could cross then we would have won that comfortably. McCleary on shows how much we need a proper wide player. Made a huge difference to us getting back into the game.

Like Preston, i really don't how QPR are so high. Must have been a major anomaly in the fixture list. That table will look a lot different come Christmas.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Oct 2019 11:47

Zammo I see last week's Bowen haters have all changed their minds now :roll:

Ejaria MOTM. Baldock missed a sitter in the first half and disappeared until his goal but fair play, was in the right place at the right time for the goal. If Yiadom could cross then we would have won that comfortably. McCleary on shows how much we need a proper wide player. Made a huge difference to us getting back into the game.

Like Preston, i really don't how QPR are so high. Must have been a major anomaly in the fixture list. That table will look a lot different come Christmas.

Agree with all this, almost all.

No idea why Baldock was MoM. Lots of effort but not much end product. Ejaria was excellent especially in the first half hour. Though he looked knackered with 20 minutes left. Actually thought Yiadom was really lively and pressed very well. He contributed to our great start.

Also don’t think Preston or QPR are going to do well in the long run. If we can start to take chances I think we can hold our own against any team.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2019 14:29

QPR have only played 4 of the other sides in the top 10 in their 13 games. (in fact just 4 of the current top half)

In comparison, we have played 8 of the top 10.

Preston have played 5 of the top 10 and 7 of the top half.

So QPR may be in a "false position" as they have played teams who have started slowly and may start to slip a bit when they play the stronger sides or prove they are one of the stronger sides.

Barb

by Barb » 23 Oct 2019 14:50

bcubed

Agree with all this, almost all.

No idea why Baldock was MoM. Lots of effort but not much end product. Ejaria was excellent especially in the first half hour. Though he looked knackered with 20 minutes left. Actually thought Yiadom was really lively and pressed very well. He contributed to our great start.

Also don’t think Preston or QPR are going to do well in the long run. If we can start to take chances I think we can hold our own against any team.

Baldock had an impact with his running, as well as the ball at his feet. Someone with a bit of pace up front and intelligent mivwmt causes defenders issues.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Oct 2019 16:38

Zip Four points from two teams pushing for promotion is an excellent return.

Yep, both teams have started well and could make a run. They were both playing well when we played them.
Though obv promotion will be settled in May, and not sure either team will achieve it, tbh.

(Btw, when we could have had him and he was available, I don't recall there being too much clamor in here for Mark Warburton to be our manager? Maybe there was and I missed it).

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Oct 2019 16:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup
sandman
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Yeah.

Thats what happens when you're an experienced but not prolific striker.

#notasgoodasRashford

He's no Lewandowski either! He's scored in his last 12 consecutive games for Bayern, and has 21 goals in 17 appearances for club and country this season. :wink:

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 23 Oct 2019 17:11

Feel guilty about not going, esp as our fans did back the boys and make some noiz.. but watching it on Sky in UHD did give one bonus..the look Ejaria gave the ref after his “foul” was priceless..and with no words, no dissent could be given.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Oct 2019 17:28

tidus_mi2 Has the commentator been told to do a Sean Connery impression everytime he says Puscas?

Just noticed they do the Connery impression on FIFA 20 too.

269 posts