MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

Cape Town Royal

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

by Cape Town Royal » 26 Oct 2019 16:33

Lower West Got as far as Leicester services. Journey up from Swindon was awlfull. Continual heavy rain all the way. Just one of those things.

At least I didn't all the way to the ground. Early call off was far better than the farce some years back at Sheff Utd. When I was literally outside the ground.

Me too... Had to rush back to Chesterfield to catch their FA cup tie against Morecombe...

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 26 Oct 2019 16:43

NewCorkSeth Has Miazga been suspended yet?

lol

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Oct 2019 17:56

Notts Royal
Hound Thought they’d be used to rain up there tbh

Annoying as fancied our chances today

Think you need to check your geography mate...seeing as it’s the ‘East’ midlands, it doesn’t rain that much. I’ve certainly not noticed much of a change since moving up here.

I’m probably the only RFC who didn’t leave their house for this but must be hugely frustrating for those of you who were on your way. it has been constantly raining for the past day...Lincoln & Grimsby games also cancelled so must be worse than other areas of the country today.

Having said all that, why not use a cover?!

Shame as we actually had a decent following for this one

I’m trolling fella - bored due to the match being off. I lived in Nottm for 5 years so I’m aware of where it is and the weather there (it’s definitely considerably colder though) :)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Oct 2019 23:48

Lol @ England

A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt

A bit of heat and we can't stand it

A bit of rain and there's mayhem

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 27 Oct 2019 07:30

Got as far as the Meadow Ground before one of the boys saw the postponement news on Twitter. :evil: Drove into the City Ground players' car park just to check. TBF it had been pissing all the way up, but it's still a poor show that a club with their aspirations and history couldn't get in on. And the rain was slowing up.

Contemplated the Walsall match, but didn't really fancy the long trek back to Loughborough to drop the oldest off post-match, so drove across to Burton. The stewards outside weren't overly optimistic that it would make it either, so we sought salvage in the Derby Inn, 10 mins down the road, with a rather nice pint of Bass and a choice of meat and onion cobbs. Very friendly place, with a nice mixture of home and Blackpool fans. They're still in love with Charlie Adams. Word was that game was on, so walked up to the Pirelli, pretty reasonable pricing and stood behind the goal. For a 0-0, it wasn't terrible. Burton have ex-Royals alumni Stephen Quinn and Ryan Edwards playing for them. Both were OK and at their level. Blackpool were better first half, Burton probably should have won with their second half performance, but for some pretty decent defending from Ben Heneghan. He'd do a good job for someone in the Championship.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Oct 2019 07:39

2 world wars, 1 world cup Lol @ England

A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt

A bit of heat and we can't stand it

A bit of rain and there's mayhem

+1

Pathetic country

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 27 Oct 2019 07:50

My point is (after getting a lovely parking spot on Victoria embankment grrrr....) is that why doesn’t the EFL ever give any consideration to the travelling fans.
It would be obvious that most RFC supporters would have had left at 10 at the latest, so why do an inspection at 12?
They had already decided that 20% of the pitch was completely unplayable first thing in the morning and it was still hacking down since then. Nottingham Detonate festival had been called of two days before.
So I suppose the rule is that an EFL referee has to inspect at 12 and because of that we are not willing to adapt to consider anyone else - so fvck the 1.5k who have spent money supporting their team and the EFL? ‘

The Cube

by The Cube » 27 Oct 2019 08:23

Whore Jackie ... Blackpool fans. They're still in love with Charlie Adams.

If they really cared, they would know what his name is.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2019 09:23

Whore Jackie Got as far as the Meadow Ground before one of the boys saw the postponement news on Twitter. :evil: Drove into the City Ground players' car park just to check. TBF it had been pissing all the way up, but it's still a poor show that a club with their aspirations and history couldn't get in on. And the rain was slowing up.

Contemplated the Walsall match, but didn't really fancy the long trek back to Loughborough to drop the oldest off post-match, so drove across to Burton. The stewards outside weren't overly optimistic that it would make it either, so we sought salvage in the Derby Inn, 10 mins down the road, with a rather nice pint of Bass and a choice of meat and onion cobbs. Very friendly place, with a nice mixture of home and Blackpool fans. They're still in love with Charlie Adams. Word was that game was on, so walked up to the Pirelli, pretty reasonable pricing and stood behind the goal. For a 0-0, it wasn't terrible. Burton have ex-Royals alumni Stephen Quinn and Ryan Edwards playing for them. Both were OK and at their level. Blackpool were better first half, Burton probably should have won with their second half performance, but for some pretty decent defending from Ben Heneghan. He'd do a good job for someone in the Championship.

Nice, at least not a totally wasted day. Always enjoy a good lower divisions game

We were rumoured to be after that Heneghan chap in the summer weren’t we?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2019 09:41

Pandoras Box My point is (after getting a lovely parking spot on Victoria embankment grrrr....) is that why doesn’t the EFL ever give any consideration to the travelling fans.
It would be obvious that most RFC supporters would have had left at 10 at the latest, so why do an inspection at 12?
They had already decided that 20% of the pitch was completely unplayable first thing in the morning and it was still hacking down since then. Nottingham Detonate festival had been called of two days before.
So I suppose the rule is that an EFL referee has to inspect at 12 and because of that we are not willing to adapt to consider anyone else - so fvck the 1.5k who have spent money supporting their team and the EFL? ‘

Like fcuk were we taking 1500.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 28 Oct 2019 10:20

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2019 10:22

yes, good on them.

Tricky trees is a terrible nickname though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 10:24

Any other football club would have done the same thing.

Forest should be docked points if anything. Completely unacceptable to not have a pitch capable of withstanding a bit of rain in October. If drainage has been an ongoing issue at the club then fix it, put a new system in place. We should be awarded the win.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 28 Oct 2019 10:35

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone.

But I called LNER yesterday to see if there is anything I can do with my unused train ticket (fortunately train was due to leave Kings X 15 mins after the game was postponed).

As a gesture of goodwill they said they would put the value of the ticket towards the re-arranged date of the game if it is within the next 12 weeks.

Still miffed that the game was postponed looking at the photos, groundstaff must have seen the forecast 24hrs before - so surely covers could have been used?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 10:45

hughsies no.1 Not sure if this will be of use to anyone.

But I called LNER yesterday to see if there is anything I can do with my unused train ticket (fortunately train was due to leave Kings X 15 mins after the game was postponed).

As a gesture of goodwill they said they would put the value of the ticket towards the re-arranged date of the game if it is within the next 12 weeks.

Still miffed that the game was postponed looking at the photos, groundstaff must have seen the forecast 24hrs before - so surely covers could have been used?

A cover would just make the already saturated ground sweat and turn even more into a mudbath when you started playing on it surely? It was due to rain for the entire game too, pitch would have churned up to buggery.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 28 Oct 2019 11:01

Old Man Andrews Any other football club would have done the same thing.

but probably not RFC.. Hummus has a longer sell-by-date

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Oct 2019 16:13

Old Man Andrews Forest should be docked points if anything. Completely unacceptable to not have a pitch capable of withstanding a bit of rain in October. If drainage has been an ongoing issue at the club then fix it, put a new system in place. We should be awarded the win.

I honestly don't know why this isn't the case, or why anyone should question why it isn't. This would be unheard of if it were a Premier League fixture so it should be no different in the Championship.

Forest seem to be taking a very laissez-fair attitude in their response.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2019 17:17

John Smith
Old Man Andrews Forest should be docked points if anything. Completely unacceptable to not have a pitch capable of withstanding a bit of rain in October. If drainage has been an ongoing issue at the club then fix it, put a new system in place. We should be awarded the win.

I honestly don't know why this isn't the case, or why anyone should question why it isn't. This would be unheard of if it were a Premier League fixture so it should be no different in the Championship.

Forest seem to be taking a very laissez-fair attitude in their response.

Unless you’re Reading travelling to Sunderland on a Saturday in August. About 1pm that was called off as I recall.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Oct 2019 16:44

Rearranged to

Tuesday 21st January 2020
7.45pm
City Ground

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/o ... or-january

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 16:57

morganb Rearranged to

Tuesday 21st January 2020
7.45pm
City Ground

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/o ... or-january

I’d have thought they could wait until January to announce the date then. If both us and Forest go out the cup in the 3rd round and have no league fixture on the next round of the cup, surely it would make more sense to play them then than on a Tuesday night